If Mj did MTV unplugged...

I don't know, how strictly unplugged should it be? I don't know much bout what's possible in terms of music as I have no knowledge how it all works.
I guess a total slow version of "the way you make me feel" would work and lots of ballads and mid tempo grooves like she's out of my life on guitar, the girl is mine, girlfriend, love never felt so good (just love the piano demo) etc
I would hope most of all that he'd show creativity to come up with alternate versions, different vocal arrangements for his songs. For example I'm always in awe of those moody slow billie jean covers. I would have loved MJ doing it like that.

Perhaps some very stripped down versions of the heavily produced dangerous songs? I don't know what the possibilities are, I'm not a musician but yes it's definitely a missed opportunity.

Missed opportunity imo. What setlist would you choose?

I always had a fantasy about Michael starting an unplugged concert with 'Music & Me'. It's a lovely song, it's about music, and I would love to hear him sing it as an adult.

Just a thought though!

I always had a fantasy about Michael starting an unplugged concert with 'Music & Me'. It's a lovely song, it's about music, and I would love to hear him sing it as an adult.

Just a thought though!

You have to check out "live in Mexico 1975" he already sounds way different on that performance , he does "music and me" there too.
Anyway this is the song I want to have played on my funeral... It's in my Top 10 Michael songs.

You have to check out "live in Mexico 1975" he already sounds way different on that performance , he does "music and me" there too.
Anyway this is the song I want to have played on my funeral... It's in my Top 10 Michael songs.

how old are you? you don't have to answer.

I used to be a big Nirvana fan back when I was still in junior high. Mtv's Nirvana Unplugged was always one of my favorites. But for an MJ unplugged concert would have been so amazing. For me 2 of the songs have to be Who Is It and Give In To Me. Especially the song Give In To Me. I think I still have this one version of the song that would have sounded so amazing for an unplugged concert. Maybe some others would be Stranger In Moscow, Little Susie, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Whatever Happens, Human Nature, P.Y.T., and Remember The Time. If I can remember how those songs went it might work. It is really horrible that I have not listen to him since that horrible June date of 2017. And I am already beginning to forget how some of his songs went.:boohoo

Mtv unplugged was always a dream of mine. Back in the day they were big. The one night only show that never happened was supposed to be in more of that style

I used to be a big Nirvana fan back when I was still in junior high. Mtv's Nirvana Unplugged was always one of my favorites. But for an MJ unplugged concert would have been so amazing. For me 2 of the songs have to be Who Is It and Give In To Me. Especially the song Give In To Me. I think I still have this one version of the song that would have sounded so amazing for an unplugged concert. Maybe some others would be Stranger In Moscow, Little Susie, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Whatever Happens, Human Nature, P.Y.T., and Remember The Time. If I can remember how those songs went it might work. It is really horrible that I have not listen to him since that horrible June date of 2017. And I am already beginning to forget how some of his songs went.:boohoo

June date 2017? What happened?

June date 2017? What happened?

What do you think what happen 8 years before that date? Because of my depression and the anxiety and panic attacks that I suffer with now. As well as the vivid MJ nightmares I still tend to have. All because of what that ahole did to Michael. Listening to him became something I could no longer handle on doing. And I can't tell you just how badly I miss watching and listening to him. And I haven't watched him since September of 2012. 99.5% of my MJ fandom is just literally gone from me. And that is something I can't ever get back. I guess it serves me right for spending so many years as being such a huge hardcore fan of his.:( If someone would have told me back in 1984 what was to happen to him 25 years later. I would have never became a fan of his in the first place.:boohoo

( If someone would have told me back in 1984 what was to happen to him 25 years later. I would have never became a fan of his in the first place.:boohoo

Oh stop being so dramatic. Every human being has to die someday. In 1984, did you think that MJ was gonna live forever? Wasn't he a human being?

No offence, but your post is everything that is wrong with stan culture. This is why people shouldn't put anyone, especially a celebrity on a pedestal.

Mtv unplugged was always a dream of mine. Back in the day they were big. The one night only show that never happened was supposed to be in more of that style

That was my thought also. One night only would've been great. I think an unplugged gig would allow more people to appreciate his voice more than his dancing.
Give into me, Human nature, Black or white, Heal the world, Come together etc. I'm sure Mj would've chose the perfect setlist.

What do you think what happen 8 years before that date? Because of my depression and the anxiety and panic attacks that I suffer with now. As well as the vivid MJ nightmares I still tend to have. All because of what that ahole did to Michael. Listening to him became something I could no longer handle on doing. And I can't tell you just how badly I miss watching and listening to him. And I haven't watched him since September of 2012. 99.5% of my MJ fandom is just literally gone from me. And that is something I can't ever get back. I guess it serves me right for spending so many years as being such a huge hardcore fan of his.:( If someone would have told me back in 1984 what was to happen to him 25 years later. I would have never became a fan of his in the first place.:boohoo

Well I'm sorry it affects you this much, I'd consider listening to him again. I still do on a daily basis, if anything the music has become even more powerful and meaningful to me. Good luck!

That was my thought also. One night only would've been great. I think an unplugged gig would allow more people to appreciate his voice more than his dancing.
Give into me, Human nature, Black or white, Heal the world, Come together etc. I'm sure Mj would've chose the perfect setlist.

I'm not sure about the "one night only" concert. I read a lot about it and it seemed it was still very heavily aimed at dancing (but different choreographies) That childhood performance sounded special though. I'd love to see what songs were considered for performing.

A Who is it unplugged back in the day would have knocked Kurts show right off.! .. & remember the time... Stripped down acoustic Dangerous & History ...Is It Scary ...can you imagine that? Also scream- and little Susie. You get chills just thinking about it.

You're right it was a missed opportunity, it's tough to think of a full setlist but I'd like to hear, I can't Help It, Lady In My Life, Human Nature, Liberian Girl, Smile, Give In To Me, Will You Be There, Get On The Floor, Wanna Be Where You Are ,Someone Put Your Hand Out, Keep The Faith, Stranger In Moscow, Break Of Dawn, Never Can Say Goodbye , Whatever Happens, Who Is It and Remember The Time
Also Tabloid Junkie to find out what Mike says in that bridge

I'd whittle it down from those songs, mainly sticking to ones he didn't perform live

Missed opportunity imo. What setlist would you choose?
Human Nature
Baby be Mine
Off the wall
Rock with you
Liberian Girl
The Girl is mine
The Lady in my life
I can't help it
Burn this disco out
Get on the floor
Billie Jean ,but entirely new vocal arrangement :D(maybe Billie Jean. Only maybe. I dont want any big hits,and certainly not anything like Thriller or Smooth Criminal. No more lean and lip-synching Mike!Time to sing!)
Give into me
Keep the faith
Gone to soon
Childhood
Come Together(Beatles cover ,but not in the style he actually did the cover. Something like Prince's cover would be better for Unplugged,in a more soul and jazz way of singing)
Smile
Bonus:One day in your life
Ben ;D
Main rule for me:not more than 5 or 6 hits,and NO smash hits like Thriller or Smooth Criminal. Only Billie Jean(and with a totally new and different vocal arrangement)gets a passing :D. And little to no dancing!Only the moonwalk, if he performs Billie Jean!
He had the voice to do it. Maybe he didnt have the versatility for the new arrangement for Billie Jean,but who really knows?Anyways he could have gotten help for the musician things :)( for sure, since he couldnt really play guitar)
All that matters is that he had the voice and talent to do this !(at least during the 1974-1982 period). He sadly destroyed his voice with all those dance shows. Im not saying I dont love them, I adore them,but those big stadium productions should have stopped after Bad tour. And firstly the Bad Tour should have never been that long!!
But Michael got the right to destroy himself after all,he knows better:))

Just a thought though!
Oh yeahhhh!I lovee that song!!Off the wall/Thriller and the Motown solo albums would be the best for an unplugged show... His stuff post 1983 its creative and interesting,but too overproduced at times. And vocally,at least live,after 1988,it all went down pretty much..

1. Music And Me
2. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
3. She's Out Of My Life
4. I Can't Help It (With Stevie Wonder on Piano)
5. Whatever Happens
6. Liberian Girl
7. Destiny
8. One Day In Your Life
9. The Way You Make Me Feel
10. Stranger In Moscow
11. Billie Jean
12. The Lady In My Life
13. Will You Be There
14. Heal The World
15. Man In The Mirror

I
Human Nature
Baby be Mine
Off the wall
Rock with you
Liberian Girl
The Girl is mine
The Lady in my life
I can't help it
Burn this disco out
Get on the floor
Billie Jean ,but entirely new vocal arrangement :D(maybe Billie Jean. Only maybe. I dont want any big hits,and certainly not anything like Thriller or Smooth Criminal. No more lean and lip-synching Mike!Time to sing!)
Give into me
Keep the faith
Gone to soon
Childhood
Come Together(Beatles cover ,but not in the style he actually did the cover. Something like Prince's cover would be better for Unplugged,in a more soul and jazz way of singing)
Smile
Bonus:One day in your life
Ben ;D
Main rule for me:not more than 5 or 6 hits,and NO smash hits like Thriller or Smooth Criminal. Only Billie Jean(and with a totally new and different vocal arrangement)gets a passing :D. And little to no dancing!Only the moonwalk, if he performs Billie Jean!
He had the voice to do it. Maybe he didnt have the versatility for the new arrangement for Billie Jean,but who really knows?Anyways he could have gotten help for the musician things :)( for sure, since he couldnt really play guitar)
All that matters is that he had the voice and talent to do this !(at least during the 1974-1982 period). He sadly destroyed his voice with all those dance shows. Im not saying I dont love them, I adore them,but those big stadium productions should have stopped after Bad tour. And firstly the Bad Tour should have never been that long!!
But Michael got the right to destroy himself after all,he knows better:))
Interesting list. However I would also add Give Into me. Yeah in terms of health Bad tour should of either been his last tour or shortened it. He really gave his all on that tour. A stripped back show would have been nice for a change.

I

Interesting list. However I would also add Give Into me. Yeah in terms of health Bad tour should of either been his last tour or shortened it. He really gave his all on that tour. A stripped back show would have been nice for a change.
:D šŸ˜€

You can do any song you like acoustic also the heavily produced ones of the 90s. Creative artists just make different arrangements of them. If artists can make a ballad out of billie jean you realize the options are endless.
Another good example is the slow version of PYT which turns a disco song into a soul ballad

You can do any song you like acoustic also the heavily produced ones of the 90s. Creative artists just make different arrangements of them. If artists can make a ballad out of billie jean you realize the options are endless.
Another good example is the slow version of PYT which turns a disco song into a soul ballad
It's true. Here's a good example of a-ha turning Take On Me (A Synth-Pop song) into an acoustic ballad

Back