Live in Mexico 1975, let's talk!

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I wanted to make a separate thread for this like I did for the Toronto Victory tour but I guess it would get moved to this place

I 'd like to talk a bit about the live in Mexico 1975 show which is on YouTube. When the band plays "Dancing Machine" and MJ asks the audience to repeat his singing it gets so awkward for the blonde woman. I really felt for her and Michael kept o pushing her to participate. I'm a very awkward and shy person myself, I probably would have died in my seat lol. Especially when the others in the front row happily play along with the game it's so embarrassing!

Later during "body language" he just pulls all the women of the front row on the stage to dance (I'm not sure if he pulled the shy lady on stage too?), damn I would die for a second time, luckily I'm a guy so he would have left me alone. Anyway this reminds me why I never ever want to sit in front at anything! This show proved why.
It was awfully entertaining though, apart from the shame I felt for the blonde I also enjoyed very much how happy and carefree MJ performed and how he danced with the women on stage, totally not shy.

Also his ballads were SPOT ON during the concert. "Happy", "Ben", "Music & me" and especially my favorite "one day in your life"!
His spinning during the 70s was so effortless, it's definitely one of my fave things to see MJ doing multiple spins!
So apart from the mentioned ballads I'd pick "dancing Machine" and "Body Language" as highlights for the show.
MJ looked particularly happy because the crowd was actually silent and not screaming like in the USA so he could put some more emotion in his ballads and connect with the audience.

You read this guys in charge of "the estate" THIS is what we want more of!!!

I knew it was there, but never really checked it.
I did now, thanks for the hint. I should check out more of those old concerts.

His vocal performance is great of course. And it's nice to see such a low spectacle, basic talent based show.

Watching a little more of those old performances than just the short retrospect clips, I can't help getting reminded and impressed about how long he was already doing tours and concerts before he became the big solo star. Over here in Europe I grew up with the BAD-Michael and grew into being a full fan with Dangerous. So those old J5 days were always a bit like a separate thing. Something left to discover after all...

As far as I'm aware of it's the only J5 show in full on YouTube. Considering they did concerts every year from the mid 60s till 1981 there is still so much material left to explore. What we've seen is not even the tip of the iceberg. I also think their setlists were a lot more varied in the 70s which makes it even better to watch and explore.
At 17 his dancing is already fantastic as well showing of glimpses of how he'd dance just 5 or 6 years later.

I take these kind of concerts over the "over the top" choreographed play back spectacles of Dangerous/HIStory tours anyday.

I'm guessing you are a new fan. How about talking about this great underrated show? Vocals and dance on point, just like on the Triumph Tour.

I'm guessing you are a new fan. How about talking about this great underrated show? Vocals and dance on point, just like on the Triumph Tour.

Oh no I've been a fan for about 30 years, my earliest music memories are all about Michael Jackson.
Thanks for the link. I've seen it before, it's incredible! Too bad the camera guy is behind MJ for large parts of the concert though

Last edited:
Back