How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

This is not debate who been a fan longer or not. this just a thread to tell other how long you been a fan.

this thread meant to be for fun.

Re: How Long You Be A MJ fan?

Since 1997
I'm 26 years old.

Mid~late 80s.

As a little kid, when I was playing in my room, my parents often put on some vinyl record for me,
Thriller was among my favorites...
Later I got the Bad album on cassette...
Moonwalker movie and The Legend Continues docu on VHS ...those 2 really turned me into a fan. Must have watched them 100 times. :)

How about you, NatureCriminal7896?

I'd say since like 22-24 years... hard to tell. I'm turning 27 this year.. And my parents still tell me i was kinda obsessed with MJ when i barely could talk..

In early 2003 and I was 16 a sophomore in high school. I never had Michael’s albums of my own until the very next year.

Probably somewhere in the later 80s. Remember very early stuff like wearing off a cassette with billie jean on it, getting extremely scared by the thriller video, getting ecstatic when I found a song I didn't yet know through my father's cassette collections which he recorded from the radio (one day in your life, I can't help it) and watching MTV all day to wait for MJ to come on (TWYMMF was my grand fave video).

I was pretty much as crazy as it gets to be fair.

Since 1969. A long, long, LONG time.

since 1990

64944446_154317792366205_8113150739335660580_n.jpg

Since 2005 after the trial and he went on hiatus. Discovered him on Limewire (that computer software that gave your computer AIDS pretty much lol) watching the Earth Song video. I had just discovered Janet before him after watching her Superbowl performance. YouTube was just starting to take off too at the time.

When we came to US in 1983, soon it was the Thriller era. That’s when I saw Micheal for the first time.
I was not a very big fan of him but I did like certain songs.
It was just a few months ago, when my obsession with MJ started: watching tons of videos on YT, reading books, joining groups to learn more about Micheal.

Since Bad. I begged my parents to give me a Bad cassette for Christmas. I was so happy under the Christmas tree unpacking the box just to find Phil Collins cassette in it.... How can you confuse Michael Jackson with Phil Collins?

Since Bad. I begged my parents to give me a Bad cassette for Christmas. I was so happy under the Christmas tree unpacking the box just to find Phil Collins cassette in it.... How can you confuse Michael Jackson with Phil Collins?

It's an often made mistake because of Phil's great dancing ability. Some years later he made a joke claiming he can't dance. He was a real joker.

I was casually fan starting in like 2005 or something, you know liked his music, didn't know much else. 2009 hit and I deep dived into everything, joined a different community, learned a lot of stuff and just put my heart into it. It's been a great time!

40 years unofficially - 33 officially.

I was grooving to "Can't stop til you get enough" at age 3 and remember all the Thriller singles well (But at 7 was never old enough to buy the record). I finally bought my first album in late 1987 - Bad, I was 11 - but some kid borrowed it off me and never returned it!!

For my 12th birthday in early 1988 I got another copy and kept it - no more loaning. In 1991 I really got back into him with Dangerous and had most of the singles, but never got the album until about 1998. In 1995 queued outside a record store in the snow (In New Zealand, it was winter in June) at midnight to buy HIStory. Never ever gone off him. Although I will admit from 1991 I went hardcore into Prince and still revere him a lot and Michael of course. Those two just rock.

So pretty much 91% of my life been into Michael Jackson (I have just turned 44).

Hard to say... I remember watching Free Willy when I was very little and being hooked on the ending bit listening to "will you be there", that song spoke to me before I could even reason why, my mom said i played it over and over.. about 20 years ago i think ??

born in 2003 I became a fan after seeing man in the mirror in early 2018! on twitter there is so many ppl my age who are huge fans but I don’t they all know about this community website ! MJ ROCKS

Back