Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration question

LeslieMJ

Proud Member
Hi everyone,

As many of us, I'm also doing home office these days, and have some spare time to ask something I was curious of a long time. :)

When you check on some footages of MJ performing, the cameraman / editor often focuses on some hard-core fans and shows them having fun. But if at the same time you pay attention to what happens on the side of the same footage, you can see what others do besides the hard-core fan in the focus on the video - what gives me a glimpse of the general atmosphere of the performance, not only what the cameraman / editor wants to show you.

In most of the cases you can see everyone having fun in the corner of the video, but I noticed that at the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration concert on MANY footages you can see people actually looking bored around the one hardcore-fan the video is focusing on. There are barely any videos showing the whole crowd having fun, or the show it for seconds, and there are many short cuts and flashy images. And generally speaking I see lots of faces just staring or thinking in the crowd.

I would be VERY curious to read some first-hand reports about how was the atmosphere there, and if this is something that could be felt there or I'm looking at the wrong parts of the video?

Thanks,
Lesli

Didnt get that impression. I was there both nights. It was a different atmosphere interms of that it was a seated concert so not the craziness of stand up one.an a american rather than european one. There was prob alot of people there who wouldnt class themsrlves as fans. Like with all the randoms buying tickets for TII. It was also different because of all the different acts. Lots of breaks inbetween

At all concerts there are people in the audience who looks bored, not just this one

Wasn't night one a fiasco? The whole thing started late, Marlon Brando got booed, there were massive gaps between acts? I remember hearing some very negative feedback.

Watching amateur footage of both nights and the crowd seems very into it. Jackie Jackson can at least get everyone to put their hands in the air ?

Didnt get that impression. I was there both nights. It was a different atmosphere interms of that it was a seated concert so not the craziness of stand up one.an a american rather than european one. There was prob alot of people there who wouldnt class themsrlves as fans. Like with all the randoms buying tickets for TII. It was also different because of all the different acts. Lots of breaks inbetween

Thanks for the answer. Not having only fans and having the breaks explains a lot.

Also I would love to read other first-hand experiences. :)

By the time Michael Jackson performed on stage (firstly with his brothers and then solo) many people/fans from the audience had already been exhausted, disappointed and even had become angry because of some factors, especially concerning the first MSG show.

Some of these factors, among others:

The entire show got delayed by nearly two hours.

The American actor Marlon Brando appeared on stage and made some inappropriate comments (about the rate of death of thousand of children), comments that certainly did not fit to an event of a happy celebration.

Thirdly, the rather mediocre acts from the other artists (before Michael Jackson and his brothers) added a more negative feel to the audience’s atmosphere.

Also, there were some last-minute changes to the acts of the other artists that exasperated many people who paid their money in order to watch the entire event (for example, Whitney Houston was originally scheduled to perform a duet act with her husband Bobby Brown).

Michael Jackson realized that audience’s dissatisfaction and, as a way to compensate them, right after finishing performing ‘You Rock My World’ he started performing it again calling this time people from the audience to join him on stage.

mj_frenzy;4284199 said:
Michael Jackson realized that audience’s dissatisfaction and, as a way to compensate them, right after finishing performing ‘You Rock My World’ he started performing it again calling this time people from the audience to join him on stage.

[video=youtube;e8Z7kj_PVJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Z7kj_PVJc[/video]

I don't think those are normal audience members. They are other artists and important guests.

I like the aired 30th Anniversary show because the band sounds much more live than on the History tour so it's more enjoyable. Also, I don't think the crowd was bored judging from what you hear in the amateur Ryan Burr's footage or the various amateur recordings from the second night.

Different acts where there. some people came to see other acts. yes it was about Michael and all. but non fans came to see other people.

mj_frenzy;4284199 said:

Is it me or you are always making up stories?

Back