The Jackson 5 live at the forum album

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
What are your fave songs here?
I've only just discovered it's on Spotify, been listening quite a bit too it.

Some early thoughts:

-That vocal difference of MJ from 1970 to 1972. He struggled with the changing voice a lot but still managed to pull it off mostly. Most noticeable on " got to be there" in 1972 which he had recorded only about a year before this performance but he already couldn't hit the required notes anymore. But as good singers do they find ways around it so it still sounds good.
-1970 vocals were breathtakingly good. he didn't hit this peak live anymore till 1976-1978 probably, although I need to hear/find way more of the years in between.
-loved all the songs I hadn't heard live yet like ain't no sunshine, sugar daddy, mama's pearl etc etc
-crowds was crazy
-felt more like a band than later on during the Jacksons
-crowd clearly loved EVERY member not just MJ, Marlon seemed to get the least loud cheers
-overall feel of the Jackson 5, all of them are very talented, the others should get more credit among the current fan community
-Live is so much better than the album tracks, I'm going to be listening to this a lot the coming weeks.

I also prefer live performances.

The Jacksons Live is such a great album- Energy is crazy. It always gets me in a good mood.

BAD live album is really great too. - I would just wish TWYMMF was also on there. Hope another BAD concert gets a live album release. - Maybe one of the concerts were even SC was live. Was TWYMMF and MITM ever sung 100 % live at the BAD tour?

What would be your favorite concert of the 4 known J5 concerts to date?

Live at the Forum 1970
Live at the Forum 1972
Live In Japan 1973
Live In Mexico 1975

I honestly can't pick but Live In Mexico is definitely my least favorite although I still love it especially the second half of the show.
Been listening too this stuff for weeks now and I don't grow tired of it!
The band was really solid and funky, background vocals are delicate and MJ's vocals are always a treat and we get a nice diverse setlist every single time. I also very much enjoy Jermaine's songs on these concerts!

Give us more Motown, these guys did hundreds of shows in just 6 years!

Back