Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,007 Posts

Default Re: Coronavirus Thread

4 more cases by the Ottawa Senators.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/arena/covid19
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Oregon veteran survives coronavirus, celebrates 104th birthday

It was a very happy 104th birthday for World War II veteran William Lapschies on Wednesday.

The Lebanon, Ore., resident celebrated with family members after surviving a recent bout with the coronavirus, according to media reports.

“He is fully recovered. He is very perky – and he is very excited,” daughter Carolee Brown told OregonLive.com.

Photos posted online showed Lapshies at his outdoor birthday bash at the Edward C. Allsworth Veterans’ Home in Lebanon, celebrating with balloons and a large “Happy Birthday” sign – while seated in his wheelchair and wearing a mask.

The party attendees practiced social distancing, except for when some nursing home staffers, who also wore masks, provided some aid to Lapschies.

The festive occasion was a little more subdued than that in 2016, when about 250 people gathered to help Lapschies mark his 100th birthday, OregonLive.com reported.

More than a dozen people linked to the veterans’ home had tested positive for the virus also known as COVID-19, FOX 12 Oregon reported. Two of those affected died, officials told the station.

Oregon also recently saw a 95-year-old veteran in Yamhill County survive the virus.

“I survived the foxholes in Guam, I can get through this bulls—,” Bill Kelly said, according to a Facebook post by his granddaughter, Rose Ayers-Etherington.

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-health/oreg...04th-birthday/

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

This #TrumpOwnsEveryDeath is trending, I was right about him killing Americans by ignoring protocols, making people eat him up being stupid and order them to go to church for Easter!

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Unhappy The Yogi Bear Show Voice Actress Julie Bennett Dies from Coronavirus Complications at 88

Julie Bennett, the actress who famously voiced Cindy Bear in The Yogi Bear Show cartoons, has passed away at the age of 88.
    The star died from complications related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Tuesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, her talent agent and longtime friend, Mark Scroggs, confirmed to PEOPLE.

“She was definitely a personality and a throwback to Hollywood glamour,” Scroggs said in a statement.
    Born in New York City on January 24, 1932, Bennett relocated to Los Angeles with her family when she was very young. Bennett attended Beverly Hills High School before returning to New York, finding work onstage as well as in radio soaps and early television dramas.

Bennett later returned to Los Angeles, where she had small roles on Dragnet, Leave It to Beaver, Superman, Gunsmoke and Love, American Style. She also appeared on The Tonight Show, The Sid Caesar Show and multiple Bob Hope comedy specials.

However, the star found her biggest success as a voiceover artist. In addition to voicing Cindy Bear on The Yogi Bear Show and its 1964 spinoff feature film Hey There, It’s Yogi Bear, her vocal talents were featured in to popular cartoons such as The Bullwinkle Show, Mr. Magoo, The Bugs Bunny Show and Spider-Man: The Animated Series

In the early 1990s, Bennett became a personal manager under the name Marianne Daniels. She went on to represent new and established artists for the next 20 years.

Bennett is survived by what she called her “mutually adopted family” — close friends Carol, Nick and Mark Scroggs.
    Donations can be made in her name to The Actors’ Fund.

As of Thursday morning, there have been at least 234,483 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States, with 5,708 deaths from coronavirus-related illness.

https://news.yahoo.com/yogi-bear-sho...211857530.html

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 985 Posts

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I did a bass guitar cover to pay attention to covid-19 which includes MJ's speech in the end. Enjoy.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

That jack@$$ Trump orders 3M to stop shipping surgical masks to Canada. First he orders everybody to go to church on Easter and now this!? What’s he trying to do kill everybody? I tell ya Americans are really regretting having that jack@$$ for President and not impeaching and now they got karma for it. I’m sorry for sounding blunt, I was only referring to those who voted and supported Trump. They should not listen to him anymore.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I'm not the one for politics but screw trump! he don't care about anybody but himself and money. people are freaking dying and all you care about darn money. i don't wish death on him but he really don't care about thousands of people lives and die etc. i didn't vote for him at all. i hope he's out of office very soon. screw this guy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation 24 children, 11 staff sick with coronavirus at Willow Springs children's hospital in Reno

The outbreak at Willow Springs children's residential treatment has grown to 24 children and 11 staff members, according to the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health.

The state continues to investigate the infection control procedures at the 116-bed hospital that provides mental health and addiction services for children.

One staff member at the facility has died.

State health officials are awaiting the results of additional tests to determine the extent of the coronavirus spread at the facility.
    Since the outbreak, the hospital has implemented new procedures. It has stopped taking new patients until at least April 15. It has also halted visitation. As staff members arrive, their temperature is screened before they are allowed into work. Patients also have their temperature taken twice a day.

“The health and wellness of our patients and staff is of utmost importance and we are taking this matter seriously and cooperating with the state during their review of our facility," said the Willow Springs' CEO Andrew Herod.

“We have regular monitoring in place and continue to educate our patients about self-precautions. The team is in full cooperation with the State and Health Department, and we will take further steps if necessary to protect everyone’s wellbeing.”

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/...al/2946224001/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation CDC Now Recommending Americans Wear Face Masks

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

The CDC said the recommendation applies in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores and pharmacies, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

Maintaining six-feet minimum social distancing remains important to slowing spread of COVID-19. CDC also advises use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

The cloth face coverings recommended to slow spread of COVID-19 are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those critical supplies must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

http://www.northescambia.com/2020/04...ear-face-masks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Smile Fresno woman creates, delivers customized 'quarantine baskets'

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno woman who wants to bring smiles to families during the coronavirus crisis is making quarantine baskets.

The baskets can be customized to meet the specific hobbies and interests of the person who will be receiving it.

Right now, porch deliveries are available in Fresno and Clovis.

The quarantine baskets include fun activities for kids and more relaxing items for moms and dads.

"They are loving them. It's really fun to get video back. Parents text me videos of their kids opening up the door and finding an M on the doorstep and they kind of freak out. Every day's the same for them so to find a little treat is really nice," says Kayla Adanalian.

Proceeds from the baskets will help families who are staying at the Ronald McDonald house and also pay for material to make more medical masks.

If you want to buy a quarantine, click here for Adanalian's Instagram account.

https://abc30.com/fresno-quarantine-...alian/6075676/

https://www.instagram.com/559baskets/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Prayers to New York. it's getting really bad up there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I'm am person with disabilities and introvert i can't wait when things get back to normal. everybody is getting on my nerves though when this all over i'm am kind of gonna miss it because i'm lonely most of the time and have no friends. also how everyone helping out etc.

it's win and lose with both. being disabled sucks sometimes if you don't have the right people with you. i have that i'm just using an example.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: CDC Now Recommending Americans Wear Face Masks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

The CDC said the recommendation applies in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores and pharmacies, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

Maintaining six-feet minimum social distancing remains important to slowing spread of COVID-19. CDC also advises use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

The cloth face coverings recommended to slow spread of COVID-19 are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those critical supplies must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

http://www.northescambia.com/2020/04...ear-face-masks
    So are they taking Trumps side? Nope. I’m not gonna listen to them, they’re just as stupid, why didn’t they say that to begin with? Surgical mask is our option we got and now you tell us we can’t use em’? Fk you CDC!!! You’re just as responsible as Trump!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,444 Posts

Default Re: CDC Now Recommending Americans Wear Face Masks

If i see one more thing bout this im gonna go nuytz!