Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Thread

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Coronavirus Thread

Since it hasn't been made yet and we are in difficult times.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and washing your hands.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Coronavirus Thread

It's very difficult for me to stay inside and away from others but, my country and city requires that we must...

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,598 Times in 1,001 Posts

2 weeks of isolation, hopefully just 2 weeks would be so boooring. But at least I can occupy myself from hearing the news. As for hand washing, I like doing it more often, but it’ll be a problem for my skin condition, so I have to watch my hands too. They say we have to refrain from touching our face, that be impossible, but I tried a few times sanitize my face, even rubbing alcohol you can use, just watch your eyes. Or you can just wash your face with soap if you must.

My aunt and uncle whom I live right across, self quarantined recently, because I was told from my mom that they were in Florida previously before pandemic happened. So everybody, I can say is don’t panic and stay calm, it’s not the end of the world, outbreak won’t last forever, it will blow over soon and we have to FIGHT!

Fight the virus! Even though the whole globe urges us for social distances, but that doesn’t stop us from communicating virtually. And may God and Michael well watch over to ensure our safety and let’s not give up hope that researchers will find a cure over the virus and win the war. Again, fight the virus, stay clean and hygienic and be safe.

*For motivation to fight Coronavirus*
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 Times in 856 Posts

Going to be a rough time, but we'll get through. I'm mostly worried about my loved ones. Having an anxiety disorder already doesn't help matters. And I feel bad for health care workers and people losing their jobs. Time seems to be going slow right now. Usually it doesn't feel that way to me. Time usually flies by. I hope it doesn't take all year for things to get back to normal. I try to stay calm by reading, watching animal videos on youtube, listening to Michael , and trying to avoid social media before bed. Just coping right now.
    "Girls want to see some cake."

My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/edog85

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainEoLove85 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,006 Posts

Big hugs to everyone and stay safe, no matter where you are, or what you're doing!

Rest assured that a vaccine is on its way.

'Significant step’ in COVID-19 vaccine quest

21 February 2020

A University of Queensland team has met a key milestone in their fast-tracked research to develop a vaccine for the coronavirus, COVID-19.

In just three weeks, the team of researchers has created their first vaccine candidate in the laboratory and will move immediately into further development before formal pre-clinical testing.

The proof-of-concept milestone comes after the project’s announcement on 24 January as part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) rapid response program.

UQ Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Peter Høj AC said the team has shown considerable progress in line with the highly accelerated time frame of the rapid response program, and the long hours in the lab have paid off with this achievement.

“There is still extensive testing to ensure that the vaccine candidate is safe and creates an effective immune response, but the technology and the dedication of these researchers means the first hurdle has been passed,” Professor Høj said.

The work in the lab shows the feasibility of using UQ’s ‘molecular clamp’ technology to engineer a vaccine candidate that could be more readily recognised by the immune system, triggering a protective immune response.

The next stage is to produce this on a larger scale needed for additional testing, to determine its effectiveness against the virus.

Researchers said the early research had gone ‘as expected’ and the material created had the properties which allowed the team to proceed with vaccine development.

The group continues to work to a much-accelerated timetable to keep on track for investigational clinical testing after the middle of the year.

UQ is one of only three programs globally, and the only one in Australia, initiated by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), leveraging ‘rapid response’ platforms in response to the novel coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2...-vaccine-quest

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

In my country we are in emergency state and we have to Stay home. We can go out for grocery, banks, post Office and stuff like that. We can also go out for very small walks but we have to go alone or just with one person. But one day even these small walks are going to end.
    We have almost 800 infected and 4 dead but these Four dead are old people. Most of the people are being treated at home and 20 are in the intensive care unit.
    Im hoping we can all be safe and that this situation will be Over soon!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

View this post on Instagram

Some good news ����

A post shared by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I feel sad for all the people who has die and have the virus. i'm with the people who health is important because I have asthma. so it's very important for me to keep my hands wash and to stay inside.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Coronavirus germs can live on some surfaces for days, study finds

Researchers say the virus’ longevity makes it hard to contain

Experts have been advising consumers to practice social distancing and double down on their hygiene practices due to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). But a recent study suggests that maybe tripling or quadrupling down might be more appropriate.

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine has revealed that the coronavirus can contaminate and live on certain surfaces for up to three days before losing their ability to infect others.

"This virus is quite transmissible through relatively casual contact, making this pathogen very hard to contain," said study co-author James Lloyd-Smith, a UCLA professor of ecology and evolutionary biology.

Coronavirus survivability
    The researchers came to their conclusions after mimicking how the virus would respond from being deposited on several types of surfaces that are commonly found in the public and in consumers’ homes.

They found that the virus was detectable for up to three hours in aerosols, up to four hours on a copper surface, up to 24 hours on a cardboard surface, and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel surfaces.

"If you're touching items that someone else has recently handled, be aware they could be contaminated and wash your hands," Lloyd-Smith warned.

Follow health guidelines

The study findings show that it’s extremely important for consumers to practice proper hygiene and take precautions when interacting with the world around them.

Some commonsense practices that consumers can employ include the following:

Avoid close contact with people who are sick;

Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;

Stay home when you are sick;

Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, and dispose of the tissue in the trash;

Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe; and
    Frequently wash your hands to kill any germs that you may have come into contact with.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ds-032020.html

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I really feel this virus has ruin everything. i can't wait until it's over. i know it's life and things happen but, ughhhh.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

We'll be waiting over a year for a vaccine for the general population. They need to do long term monitoring on the test subjects first to make sure it's safe.

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

We can only hope when summer hits it gets less active which is expected but not a certainty. Anyway then the problem shifts to the poor countries who are in wintertime and they are really gonna get hit big. It's like Anna said, we need to wait for a vaccine , there probably are quite a bit prototypes already but they need to be 100% safe and that takes a lot of time.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did hear from The Weather Network talking about the possibility of the virus will slow down the process in a warmer climate.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...virus-covid-19

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

We really need a cure now. people has die and more has die. if it gonna takes a year to find to cure. i don't think we all gonna be alive for long. none of us can't stay in house forever. and even if we do go out we can't be out long.

this is a very crazy virus. i really hope this never happens again. (probably will.) it's like 9/11 just a virus. r.i.p to all the who has die in Italy and all over the world.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,669 Posts

^ It's not a 'cure' that will help the most people in the world, but a prevention ie a vaccination. Once we have that, vaccinated people hopefully won't get sick and won't need a cure.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]