Coronavirus Thread

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Since it hasn't been made yet and we are in difficult times.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and washing your hands.

It's very difficult for me to stay inside and away from others but, my country and city requires that we must...

2 weeks of isolation, hopefully just 2 weeks would be so boooring. But at least I can occupy myself from hearing the news. As for hand washing, I like doing it more often, but it’ll be a problem for my skin condition, so I have to watch my hands too. They say we have to refrain from touching our face, that be impossible, but I tried a few times sanitize my face, even rubbing alcohol you can use, just watch your eyes. Or you can just wash your face with soap if you must.

My aunt and uncle whom I live right across, self quarantined recently, because I was told from my mom that they were in Florida previously before pandemic happened. So everybody, I can say is don’t panic and stay calm, it’s not the end of the world, outbreak won’t last forever, it will blow over soon and we have to FIGHT!

Fight the virus! Even though the whole globe urges us for social distances, but that doesn’t stop us from communicating virtually. And may God and Michael well watch over to ensure our safety and let’s not give up hope that researchers will find a cure over the virus and win the war. Again, fight the virus, stay clean and hygienic and be safe.

032009_cam_ulf.jpg

*For motivation to fight Coronavirus*

Going to be a rough time, but we'll get through. I'm mostly worried about my loved ones. Having an anxiety disorder already doesn't help matters. And I feel bad for health care workers and people losing their jobs. Time seems to be going slow right now. Usually it doesn't feel that way to me. Time usually flies by. I hope it doesn't take all year for things to get back to normal. I try to stay calm by reading, watching animal videos on youtube, listening to Michael :wub:, and trying to avoid social media before bed. Just coping right now.

Big hugs to everyone and stay safe, no matter where you are, or what you're doing!

Rest assured that a vaccine is on its way.

'Significant step’ in COVID-19 vaccine quest

21 February 2020

A University of Queensland team has met a key milestone in their fast-tracked research to develop a vaccine for the coronavirus, COVID-19.

In just three weeks, the team of researchers has created their first vaccine candidate in the laboratory and will move immediately into further development before formal pre-clinical testing.

The proof-of-concept milestone comes after the project’s announcement on 24 January as part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) rapid response program.

UQ Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Peter Høj AC said the team has shown considerable progress in line with the highly accelerated time frame of the rapid response program, and the long hours in the lab have paid off with this achievement.

“There is still extensive testing to ensure that the vaccine candidate is safe and creates an effective immune response, but the technology and the dedication of these researchers means the first hurdle has been passed,” Professor Høj said.

The work in the lab shows the feasibility of using UQ’s ‘molecular clamp’ technology to engineer a vaccine candidate that could be more readily recognised by the immune system, triggering a protective immune response.

The next stage is to produce this on a larger scale needed for additional testing, to determine its effectiveness against the virus.

Researchers said the early research had gone ‘as expected’ and the material created had the properties which allowed the team to proceed with vaccine development.

The group continues to work to a much-accelerated timetable to keep on track for investigational clinical testing after the middle of the year.

UQ is one of only three programs globally, and the only one in Australia, initiated by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), leveraging ‘rapid response’ platforms in response to the novel coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2020/02/significant-step’-covid-19-vaccine-quest

In my country we are in emergency state and we have to Stay home. We can go out for grocery, banks, post Office and stuff like that. We can also go out for very small walks but we have to go alone or just with one person. But one day even these small walks are going to end.
We have almost 800 infected and 4 dead but these Four dead are old people. Most of the people are being treated at home and 20 are in the intensive care unit.
Im hoping we can all be safe and that this situation will be Over soon!!

I feel sad for all the people who has die and have the virus. i'm with the people who health is important because I have asthma. so it's very important for me to keep my hands wash and to stay inside.

Researchers say the virus’ longevity makes it hard to contain

Experts have been advising consumers to practice social distancing and double down on their hygiene practices due to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). But a recent study suggests that maybe tripling or quadrupling down might be more appropriate.

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine has revealed that the coronavirus can contaminate and live on certain surfaces for up to three days before losing their ability to infect others.

"This virus is quite transmissible through relatively casual contact, making this pathogen very hard to contain," said study co-author James Lloyd-Smith, a UCLA professor of ecology and evolutionary biology.

Coronavirus survivability
The researchers came to their conclusions after mimicking how the virus would respond from being deposited on several types of surfaces that are commonly found in the public and in consumers’ homes.

They found that the virus was detectable for up to three hours in aerosols, up to four hours on a copper surface, up to 24 hours on a cardboard surface, and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel surfaces.

"If you're touching items that someone else has recently handled, be aware they could be contaminated and wash your hands," Lloyd-Smith warned.

Follow health guidelines

The study findings show that it’s extremely important for consumers to practice proper hygiene and take precautions when interacting with the world around them.

Some commonsense practices that consumers can employ include the following:

Avoid close contact with people who are sick;

Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;

Stay home when you are sick;

Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, and dispose of the tissue in the trash;

Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe; and
Frequently wash your hands to kill any germs that you may have come into contact with.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/new...ome-surfaces-for-days-study-finds-032020.html

I really feel this virus has ruin everything. i can't wait until it's over. i know it's life and things happen but, ughhhh.

We'll be waiting over a year for a vaccine for the general population. They need to do long term monitoring on the test subjects first to make sure it's safe.

We can only hope when summer hits it gets less active which is expected but not a certainty. Anyway then the problem shifts to the poor countries who are in wintertime and they are really gonna get hit big. It's like Anna said, we need to wait for a vaccine , there probably are quite a bit prototypes already but they need to be 100% safe and that takes a lot of time.

We really need a cure now. people has die and more has die. if it gonna takes a year to find to cure. i don't think we all gonna be alive for long. none of us can't stay in house forever. and even if we do go out we can't be out long.

this is a very crazy virus. i really hope this never happens again. (probably will.) it's like 9/11 just a virus. r.i.p to all the who has die in Italy and all over the world.

^ It's not a 'cure' that will help the most people in the world, but a prevention ie a vaccination. Once we have that, vaccinated people hopefully won't get sick and won't need a cure.

Keep in mind guys that though there are 11,394 deaths, those 91,912 have recovered from the virus. So the number of recovery has more numbers than death. China has total of over 80,000 case of those caught the virus and over 70,000 recovered. As long as we keep fighting this, will get thru this, don’t let all this stress you out, that’s what virus wants.

These stats will help.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And the map too.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

PoP;4284124 said:
Keep in mind guys that though there are 11,394 deaths, those 91,912 have recovered from the virus. So the number of recovery has more numbers than death. China has total of over 80,000 case of those caught the virus and over 70,000 recovered. As long as we keep fighting this, will get thru this, don’t let all this stress you out, that’s what virus wants.

These stats will help.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And the map too.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Thank you.

Please dont read the media jus read between the lines
and stay safe wash your hands everyone GOD BLESS
i wonder what m would think about this
MLPEarthPrayerMJ.jpg

Z

Pray won't fade away Michael. Give us faith to believe, to be strong and to face all these injustice.

I really hope they find something. all those people lives are not coming back and even if they do find an vaccine. that won't help the people who have the virus.

i'm not sure what we are heading in this life. but the way i see it. some of us may get the virus and the ones who have it gonna have to suffer with for the rest of their lives if there's no cure.

that's really sad. I hope they find a cure and an vaccine VERY soon. soon than ever. not a year. smh.

“We’re one global family”. This is a message from King of Shop, the fan based Michael Jackson online store during this difficult time the world is experiencing.

Coronavirus COVD-19 has affected the world but King of Shop promises to keep their [virtual] doors open to bring a bit of happiness to the Michael Jackson community.

Also they are giving away a free “I Heart MJ” wristband with all orders until the end of April.

king of shop

Mjvibe

I really hope they find something. all those people lives are not coming back and even if they do find an vaccine. that won't help the people who have the virus.

i'm not sure what we are heading in this life. but the way i see it. some of us may get the virus and the ones who have it gonna have to suffer with for the rest of their lives if there's no cure.

that's really sad. I hope they find a cure and an vaccine VERY soon. soon than ever. not a year. smh.

At least 85% of those who catch the virus will have either 'flu-like or no symptoms. That's why it is so dangerous- it can be passed on to more vulnerable people without knowing that you have it.

[video=youtube;BmfLDALXb2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmfLDALXb2c&feature=emb_title[/video]

Executive Producer: Keen Zhang
Song producer: Kenny Saxton
Video producer: Joshua Liu
Singers: Alex To, Tinckson, WilsonSir, Jeremy Chen, Nikki., Amy Su, Rhythm J, Ze Bei, Jelena , Coffee, Lin Yetao, Yuliya Sycheva, Clara Adelaide Lima de Andrade , Kerry Hennigan, Góngora Romera, Matthias Goethals, Deni Adler Topuzoğlu, Brenda Porto, Deepshikha Mukherjee, Lorenza, TINGTINGS, Ade, Julian Tatsuo, Jayne Feng, Elvis Wang, Tyne, Roy Zhou, Yaoyao Ling and more…

Special Thanks to:
The Estate of Michael Jackson, The Estate of Charlie Chaplin, Sony Music Entertainment, 3T: Taj Jackson, Taryll & TJ Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Thomas Mesereau Jr., Alice Wang, Vincent Paterson, René Lamontagne
Brad Sundberg, Travis Payne, Ben Gershowitz, Jordan Gershowitz, Craig Williams, Michael Li, SKY, Karen and Miko Brando, LaVelle Smith Jr.
Laura Serrano, Toni Arias, Melanie Freeman, MariaAmelia Sousa
Richard Lecocq, Delfim Miranda, MJCast, Jamon Bull, Elise Capron, Yuko Sumida, andjustice4some, Karlene Taylor, Danny Oliver, Seány O’Kane, MJInnocent, Deb Morris, Jenny Winnings, Danny Wu, Cui & Camilla, Rachel Malone, Lenna Yu, MJVibe, Lois Jackson, Kerry Hennigan…and more

#MJfam all around China and the world.

Produced by Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub (MJJCN)
Part of footages courtesy of: People’s Daily, CCTV, China Daily, China News Service, Tencent News, Xinhua News Agency, CGTN, South China Morning Post, The Straits Times, Chinese Vloggers, and more

* The video is not for commercial use but for charity cause. Copyrights of music, some video footages and audios belong to and courtesy of the original copyright holders.

Bon Jovi keyboardist David Bryan has tested positive for coronavirus, he revealed in an update on social media.
Bryan, a founding member of the band as well as a Tony Award-winning composer (Memphis), said his condition has been improving after being ill and quarantined for the past week.

"I just got my results back today and tested positive for corona virus," Bryan wrote on Instagram on Saturday (March 21). "I’ve been sick for a week and feeling better each day."

"Please don’t be afraid!!!" he said. "It’s the flu not the plague. I’ve have been quarantined for a week and will for another week. And when I feel better I’ll get tested again to make sure I’m free of this nasty virus. Please help out each other. This will be over soon... with the help of every American!!"
The same evening that Bryan posted the news of his diagnosis, the group's frontman, Jon Bon Jovi, announced his support of fans in Chicago holding an at-home "Livin' on a Prayer" sing-along from their windows Saturday night. "I'm just warming up getting ready to sing along with you. In these trying times, I am with you with all of my heart and my soul," he said while playing guitar in a video clip on Instagram."Sing it out, baby. We're all going to come through this together."

Bryan is the latest member of the music community to be diagnosed with COVID-19. Singer-songwriter Charlotte Lawrence, producer Andrew Watt, gospel singer Sandi Patty are among the artists who have shared their experiences with coronavirus, and Universal Music Group chairman/CEO Lucian Grainge was hospitalized after testing positive.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9340161/bon-jovi-david-bryan-coronavirus

We really need a cure now. people has die and more has die. if it gonna takes a year to find to cure. i don't think we all gonna be alive for long. none of us can't stay in house forever. and even if we do go out we can't be out long.

this is a very crazy virus. i really hope this never happens again. (probably will.) it's like 9/11 just a virus. r.i.p to all the who has die in Italy and all over the world.

Actually I can stay inside of my house for very long periods of time.

I live in a covid 19 state. And the government in my state of Pennsylvania mandates we stay in self isolation. Which personally that is very easy for me. Since thanks to my depression I very rarely go outside any way. I much prefer to stay inside my house and do what ever. And besides there is nothing I need outside any way. If I want something I can very easily ordered it off the internet. Or I can have my mother or stepfather get it for me. So what do I need to go outside for? Though it is really very horrible what has happen to the people that were or still is effected by the virus.

NatureCriminal7896;4284163 said:
[video=youtube;BmfLDALXb2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmfLDALXb2c&feature=emb_title[/video]

Executive Producer: Keen Zhang
Song producer: Kenny Saxton
Video producer: Joshua Liu
Singers: Alex To, Tinckson, WilsonSir, Jeremy Chen, Nikki., Amy Su, Rhythm J, Ze Bei, Jelena , Coffee, Lin Yetao, Yuliya Sycheva, Clara Adelaide Lima de Andrade , Kerry Hennigan, Góngora Romera, Matthias Goethals, Deni Adler Topuzoğlu, Brenda Porto, Deepshikha Mukherjee, Lorenza, TINGTINGS, Ade, Julian Tatsuo, Jayne Feng, Elvis Wang, Tyne, Roy Zhou, Yaoyao Ling and more…

Special Thanks to:
The Estate of Michael Jackson, The Estate of Charlie Chaplin, Sony Music Entertainment, 3T: Taj Jackson, Taryll & TJ Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Thomas Mesereau Jr., Alice Wang, Vincent Paterson, René Lamontagne
Brad Sundberg, Travis Payne, Ben Gershowitz, Jordan Gershowitz, Craig Williams, Michael Li, SKY, Karen and Miko Brando, LaVelle Smith Jr.
Laura Serrano, Toni Arias, Melanie Freeman, MariaAmelia Sousa
Richard Lecocq, Delfim Miranda, MJCast, Jamon Bull, Elise Capron, Yuko Sumida, andjustice4some, Karlene Taylor, Danny Oliver, Seány O’Kane, MJInnocent, Deb Morris, Jenny Winnings, Danny Wu, Cui & Camilla, Rachel Malone, Lenna Yu, MJVibe, Lois Jackson, Kerry Hennigan…and more

#MJfam all around China and the world.

Produced by Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub (MJJCN)
Part of footages courtesy of: People’s Daily, CCTV, China Daily, China News Service, Tencent News, Xinhua News Agency, CGTN, South China Morning Post, The Straits Times, Chinese Vloggers, and more

* The video is not for commercial use but for charity cause. Copyrights of music, some video footages and audios belong to and courtesy of the original copyright holders.

Beautiful video!!!

NatureCriminal7896;4284188 said:
Bon Jovi keyboardist David Bryan has tested positive for coronavirus, he revealed in an update on social media.
Bryan, a founding member of the band as well as a Tony Award-winning composer (Memphis), said his condition has been improving after being ill and quarantined for the past week.

"I just got my results back today and tested positive for corona virus," Bryan wrote on Instagram on Saturday (March 21). "I’ve been sick for a week and feeling better each day."

"Please don’t be afraid!!!" he said. "It’s the flu not the plague. I’ve have been quarantined for a week and will for another week. And when I feel better I’ll get tested again to make sure I’m free of this nasty virus. Please help out each other. This will be over soon... with the help of every American!!"
The same evening that Bryan posted the news of his diagnosis, the group's frontman, Jon Bon Jovi, announced his support of fans in Chicago holding an at-home "Livin' on a Prayer" sing-along from their windows Saturday night. "I'm just warming up getting ready to sing along with you. In these trying times, I am with you with all of my heart and my soul," he said while playing guitar in a video clip on Instagram."Sing it out, baby. We're all going to come through this together."

Bryan is the latest member of the music community to be diagnosed with COVID-19. Singer-songwriter Charlotte Lawrence, producer Andrew Watt, gospel singer Sandi Patty are among the artists who have shared their experiences with coronavirus, and Universal Music Group chairman/CEO Lucian Grainge was hospitalized after testing positive.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9340161/bon-jovi-david-bryan-coronavirus

Even he knows he has to fight it and fought it real good until the virus is vanquished from his body while in quarantine. Keep fighting it man.

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4284191 said:

I live in a covid 19 state. And the government in my state of Pennsylvania mandates we stay in self isolation. Which personally that is very easy for me. Since thanks to my depression I very rarely go outside any way. I much prefer to stay inside my house and do what ever. And besides there is nothing I need outside any way. If I want something I can very easily ordered it off the internet. Or I can have my mother or stepfather get it for me. So what do I need to go outside for? Though it is really very horrible what has happen to the people that were or still is effected by the virus.

As long as you don’t go anywhere for social outing, you’re much safer at home. But as for me I can only go out for if I wanna shovel snow off or take my family’s dog out. As I mentioned previously about my relatives, my mom got groceries for them and dropped them off, because they self quarantined because they were at a trip to Florida.

I agree. but just because i have depression etc. i still like to get fresh air every now and then. follow by going out and have some fun maybe enjoy some life sometimes. maybe if it is just 15 mins-30 mins etc. sunshine is important for people who has depression.

I understand what you mean though. i'm very to myself person too. but i still enjoy company and fresh air sometimes.

I feel sad for all the people who has die and have the virus. i'm with the people who health is important because I have asthma. so it's very important for me to keep my hands wash and to stay inside.

Yes, all those of us with certain health issues have to be extra careful, old or young. I have asthma as well. Not the severe kind, but I get dreadful coughing spasms (due to allergies, cold air, dust, for example...). I never knew it was classified as a form of asthma until last year.

My mom is 72 and has severe allergies, my Dad is 73 and has severe heart issues :( So they are even more at risk.

Thankfully, they live in the countryside and are okay with staying to themselves, mowing the lawn and raking the flower beds in their garden :laughing:

Please dont read the media jus read between the lines
and stay safe wash your hands everyone GOD BLESS
i wonder what m would think about this
MLPEarthPrayerMJ.jpg

Z

Pray won't fade away Michael. Give us faith to believe, to be strong and to face all these injustice.

Yeah, in this time it is crucial that everyone learns about how to obtain valid / quality information from the media. The media are very important, always have been. But since social media arrived in our society, it becomes harder and harder to be media savvy.

This is a good time to learn, especially for the children and young people. Educational institutions (and everyone who has knowledge) should focus on this issue now and teach people how to navigate through the massive stream of media publications, news, ...

Wade tried to profit and now ofcourse Oprah.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Always profiting. Always making money off tragedies.<br>This woman is disgusting.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MuteOprah?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MuteOprah</a> <a href="https://t.co/r99l7ePefk">pic.twitter.com/r99l7ePefk</a></p>&mdash; HurricaneSalazar (@MikeSalazar777) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeSalazar777/status/1241678739135705089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back