Short version of the Thriller video

AaronReturn2005

Proud Member
Not really, it's been around for a long time, maybe since the 90s. Australia's biggest music video provider, which I will not name mainly focuses on their own edited masters based on those provided by the label. If we say so, some MJ videos exist on HDMS-powered systems as provided by Universal's Australian unit, the most unique cases being TWYMMF, Black Or White, Remember The Time and You Rock My World which all edited to the album versions or the single versions (even during the VHS/VCD era).

And for Thriller, the most important case? I've already reported about it somewhere else, but I'll just sum it up again.

Length: 5:25 (personally CrowdDJ'd, slightly sped up)
Audio: Album Version without part of the "spooky" intro
Edits:
1. It starts off in the part right before MJ exits the cinema. The "spooky" intro finishes when we see the cinema from outside.
2. Until the second chorus, the video plays straight continuing from the above with MJ waking up the graveyard, yet over the regular album version's audio and not the rearranged "short film" version.
3. The second chorus (from the first line, don't know the cut position) has the famous "zombie dance" part over it.
4. At the start of the instrumental before the Vincent Price section, it goes to the "scaring a woman" part near the end of the video. Ends on a fade-out before the end credits, and also at the very end of the song.

I want someone to recreate it from this evidence, even if it is expanded. Bye

Last edited:
Also, Nightlife were supplied videos for some Off The Wall tracks (Off The Wall, Workin' Day And Night, Get On The Floor, Burn This Disco Out) that I personally believe are just periodical live performances synced to the studio version.

But... Is there a question or what is this about.

Never seen a thread start with a post that goes "Not really, it's been around for a long time, maybe since the 90s." - It's like you answer a unasked question?

Also:
I want someone to recreate it from this evidence, even if it is expanded. Bye

You want someone to create it...? not demanding at all I guess. :)

I don't really know what this thread is about to be honest.
:laughing:

The only short version I know is on youtube. it probably did existed but probably hasn't been upload yet.

On the "more evidence" side, I can confirm that it opened on the same shot from the current VEVO icon.

Also, I think the "graveyard" section was heavily edited. I think we arrives that the graveyard at the first chorus or the start of the lyrics, and awakens them but we don't see the zombies.

P.S. If you're an Australian user, check in with your nearest CrowdDJ venue using the companion app, and then record the video in low-quality and use it as reference ("Thriller (Nightlife Music Video Australian Edit)" or something like that). Do not request at a time where ambient visuals should show up.

Back