Jane Eyre movie/book

miss rose

Proud Member
Alright so, i was just thinking, if they made a Jane Eyre part two what would be the plot?

Would you guys like to see a part two of this beautiful, mysterious, delicate and deep plot? I would :rolleyes:.

So this is what my theory of part two is. I'm guessing the plot would go like this:

Mr Rochester is married to Jane for quite some time now. Adele is older, but she grows more like her mother, mind you not in a bad way, in a good way. Adele is emotional, passionate and likes to have fun. She loves parties, social events, has lots of friends and likes to dress...charming, romantic , lovely and beautiful. Her father unfortunately gives her a hard time about this. He and her always get into arguments. They love each other a lot but, they don't see eye to eye. Mr. Rochester is always obsessed with Jane's purity and innocence, he is always praising it, (which makes Adele annoyed). Jane and Edward Rochester go on to have children the eldest is a girl who is so much like her mother (this is a relief to Edward). The youngest is a boy who is half like his dad and half like his mom. He is sweet tempered like his mom but very open in his personality and very adventurous like his dad. Mr. Rochester is very proud of his little boy. Adele's young sister is like Jane, sweet and innocent and soft, so she looks up to Adele because she admires her wild adventurous ways. Adele teaches her what she can. Jane tries to be the bridge between Edward and Adele. Adele wishes her father would show her more affection and stop comparing her to her mother (the crazed grace pool). Jane tries to sooth and comfort Adele over this and be a good mom to her. Rochester loves Adele with all his heart he just wishes he could show it more. His wife counsels him on how he could do this. The story ends with Adele finding a bow and getting along with her father.

PLEASE: Share your version of how part 2 of Jane Eyre would go...

Last edited:
In the last pages of the book there is actually a very short description of their life then they had been married 10 years. Their first child was a boy, Mr Rochester started to get his eye sight back a little bit. Janes cousin St:John was a missioner but sick and about to die etc. I think one of Mr Rochesters big problems was that he was never quite sure that he was Adeles real father and I wish some way he could get a confirmed that he was the father.

In the last pages of the book there is actually a very short description of their life then they had been married 10 years. Their first child was a boy, Mr Rochester started to get his eye sight back a little bit. Janes cousin St:John was a missioner but sick and about to die etc. I think one of Mr Rochesters big problems was that he was never quite sure that he was Adeles real father and I wish some way he could get a confirmed that he was the father.

Oh... That's very informative. I didn't know there is already a brief summerization of what happened next. Although, it still doesn't mean we can't have a little fun filling in the blanks ;) with a very juicy plot.

There is a book ”The Eyre affair” by Jasper Fforde which is a kind if alternative universe/time travel kind of story and also a book ”Wide Sargasso sea” about Bertha Mason. I don’t have imagination enough to think about what I would like a Jane Eyre part two to be like myself :).

Last edited:
Hmm... ok, not only would i like to read these books, (The Eyre affair and Wide Sargasso sea) but i'd like to see the films as well.

Okay, i notice i probably don't seem to have a well meaning conversation with others (i don't know. I'm self conscious). Anyways... Yes La74, i do want to see Jane and Rochester continue their deep, passionate and mysterious romance. Wouldn't you like to curl up in a couch, eat a nice desert and watch the film? I would. :blush:

Last edited:
I'd like to see Jane Eyre and Rochester FINALLY explore their blazing passion for one another. Remember, in part one how they had to part separate ways, because he had a wife? Not only this, but Jane had to look longingly and desperately at Edward while he charmed Blanch Ingram. So... part two is the moment where they finally get to pick up where they left off on that account... I'd love to see how their relationship goes.

And there is much to look forward to, we can see Blanch Ingram all over again, lady fairfax the house maid, Mr Maison Bertha Maison's brother, and a few others from part one can be brought back.

( I hope i don't come across as not talking to others. I notice my threads are a bit quiet at times...)
( oh shucks! Maybe that's just in my head :laughing:)

Last edited:
miss rose;4285114 said:
I'd like to see Jane Eyre and Rochester FINALLY explore their blazing passion for one another. Remember, in part one how they had to part separate ways, because he had a wife? Not only this, but Jane had to look longingly and desperately at Edward while he charmed Blanch Ingram. So... part two is the moment where they finally get to pick up where they left off on that account... I'd love to see how their relationship goes.

And there is much to look forward to, we can see Blanch Ingram all over again, lady fairfax the house maid, Mr Maison Bertha Maison's brother, and a few others from part one can be brought back.

( I hope i don't come across as not talking to others. I notice my threads are a bit quiet at times...)
( oh shucks! Maybe that's just in my head :laughing:)
I agree. I would like to know if they had more kids, is so what was their names, what was Adele like as an adult.What happend to Blanche. Maybe even how Eliza and Georgianas lives turned out. I’m guessing Eliza was a nun all her life. Did Georgiana have children? Where they little copies of mrs Reed and John who bullied Janes kids etc.

I have to comment La 74, i like your theory/imagination about how part 2 can go. I do like the idea of seeing what became of Jane's bullying former family. :yes:

I have to comment La 74, i like your theory/imagination about how part 2 can go. I do like the idea of seeing what became of Jane's bullying former family. :yes:

I guess we are having this discussion by ourself ?. There are so many sequels to Pride and prejudice for example but I always preferred Jane Eyre which has always been one of my favorite books. Can you think of an author who you think could write a good version?

:blush: *embarrassed* lol... no i haven't read the book, so i can't think of an author. But, i have seen different versions of the film.

Wow...okay, yeah i saw the links you gave me. Now, i must say, i'm terribly disappointed with the author Warkick Blanchett's re-write!

She murders Mr. Rochester :angry:

......why?

I think berry pie with ice cream or shepherds pie ought to go well with the movie...

Last edited:
Back