Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it make me a bad fan that I want to take a break and step back from all this B.S going on?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,007 Posts

Default Re: Does it make me a bad fan that I want to take a break and step back from all this B.S going on?

The world is toxic and stupid, you can’t forget stupid.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Does it make me a bad fan that I want to take a break and step back from all this B.S going on?

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Your ain't lying.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    So true

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    I am sick and tired of feeling the weird crazy one when I defend MJ and it's actually starting to burn me out. I don't get this with any other artist I am a fan of and believe me when I say there is plenty i am honestly just wanting to take a step back and ",mute" Michael on twitter and other social media platforms so I don't see any of it. It's extremely draining.
    You can still love him and be his fan in your own heart and mind. There's no need to involve him in your social media accounts if you don't want to. I was completely wrapped up in him for many, many years before I ever had internet, or a computer and before I ever got involved in FB, twitter, forums, etc. The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield and it can be exhausting and unhealthy at times.

All I have to do is watch something like his MITM performance from Oslo 1992 (which I only discovered today) and all of my feelings flood into every part of my body. I remember why I became his fan in the first place and everything else just melts away, into white noise.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield
    I’m glad you said that. I’m new to all of this, and while I was busy for a few weeks and wasn’t really active on Twitter, apparently two huge fights among the fan base happened, and I ended up on some people’s block list without ever engaging in any of it, presumably merely based on following people from both camps. Due to those people blocking me, half of the posts in those discussion threads aren’t visible to me, so I can’t even really figure out what it was all about. But all for L.O.V.E, I guess.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

What does minefield means?

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    apparently two huge fights among the fan base happened, and I ended up on some people’s block list without ever engaging in any of it, presumably merely based on following people from both camps. Due to those people blocking me, half of the posts in those discussion threads aren’t visible to me, so I can’t even really figure out what it was all about. But all for L.O.V.E, I guess.
    I know you not interested but what was the fights was about?

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    I know you not interested but what was the fights was about?
    I have no idea. Some people from each camp blocked me, I can’t read half of the conversation.
    And I don’t really feel like asking, fearing it might start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    What does minefield means?
    In this context it’s a metaphor for a situation where you can’t take a step without taking a huge risk of triggering an explosive reaction. Like in a war zone, where there are mines everywhere.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I have no idea. Some people from each camp blocked me, I can’t read half of the conversation.
    And I don’t really feel like asking, fearing it might start all over again.

In this context it’s a metaphor for a situation where you can’t take a step without taking a huge risk of triggering an explosive reaction. Like in a war zone, where there are mines everywhere.
    I understand what you mean. there's always fights breaking out. everyone has their own opinions but it really doesn't need to be fights about what's the best. i'm glad to be fan of mj but some fans. some fans makes us look like nuts. also they claim to spread Michael message but i don't think Michael message was to fight and argue with people.

and it's okay. i was only asking. it's really best to be a fan something outside the internet because some people are crazy. especially when it comes to Michael. this fanbase has it bad and good. but i think what make this fanbase bad is the fake lies about Michael and the fans that are nuts. through what makes it good that we defend Michael and he has fans all over the world.

ever fanbase have their own bad apples just you would think the mj fanbase would be "like" Michael. there are some fans that are. then some fans that not very Michael like.

Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,444 Posts

I hate it when mj fans fight it's really unnecessary

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I agree. it really is.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    You can still love him and be his fan in your own heart and mind. There's no need to involve him in your social media accounts if you don't want to. I was completely wrapped up in him for many, many years before I ever had internet, or a computer and before I ever got involved in FB, twitter, forums, etc. The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield and it can be exhausting and unhealthy at times.

All I have to do is watch something like his MITM performance from Oslo 1992 (which I only discovered today) and all of my feelings flood into every part of my body. I remember why I became his fan in the first place and everything else just melts away, into white noise.
    Yea I know what you mean. I don't talk to my friends about Michael or post about him on my social media any more because 1 of them believes he is guilty and the other is on the fence and it's not my place to bombard with them information because that would just annoy them and they'd think I'm a crazy fan. Michael played a huge part in my life and i do hold his music very close to me it's just sad that this is what I have to do because of how the media obsess over him.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

This might hurt you but i'm gonna be real. they are not your friends if they can't respect you what you post on your social media accounts. that your account and you have the right to post whatever you want. i lost some friends last year and don't give freak. anyone who believes Michael is guilty is totally off my friends list. called it selfish or whatever but it's my darn social media account. friends should not tell you what the freak you post on your account because that's your account. okay if you talk with them in person in real life okay. you don't have to talk about him with them in public. but your social media account is your account and how YOU express yourself.

Screw Them.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    Yea I know what you mean. I don't talk to my friends about Michael or post about him on my social media any more because 1 of them believes he is guilty and the other is on the fence and it's not my place to bombard with them information because that would just annoy them and they'd think I'm a crazy fan. Michael played a huge part in my life and i do hold his music very close to me it's just sad that this is what I have to do because of how the media obsess over him.
    There's plenty of people who were part of the fan base on social media for quite a while, but later stopped because of the whole environment surrounding it, while continuing to be Michael's fans. I think more and more people will do the same over the next years.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Also friends should not control how the heck you live and what you do in your life. if they doing this leave them. they are toxic.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post: