Does it make me a bad fan that I want to take a break and step back from all this B.S going on?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I am sick and tired of feeling the weird crazy one when I defend MJ and it's actually starting to burn me out. I don't get this with any other artist I am a fan of and believe me when I say there is plenty i am honestly just wanting to take a step back and ",mute" Michael on twitter and other social media platforms so I don't see any of it. It's extremely draining.

I am sick and tired of feeling the weird crazy one when I defend MJ and it's actually starting to burn me out. I don't get this with any other artist I am a fan of and believe me when I say there is plenty i am honestly just wanting to take a step back and ",mute" Michael on twitter and other social media platforms so I don't see any of it. It's extremely draining.
I know how frustrating it can be sometimes. Nothing wrong with muting or taking a step back for a bit. Everyones on edge with the virus and what not.

Of course not. it's okay to take break and put this a side. most people are worry about this virus right now. i still care. i just have my mind on this virus.

A lot of fans get burned out, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's natural. Definitely step back and take a break from it if you need to. Self-care is very important.

Hold your head high. No, you are no less of a fan; however, I want to tell you as I continue to say on here, "You have to keep/hear everything in perspective. Many of these people run their fingers about MJ because MJ was the biggest celeb in the world and really the most exciting. Look how obsessed some of these media folks are in being so willing to talk about MJ even 11 years after his death (Look how others are accused YET they do not talk or focus on them in the same way they do MJ. So it is not about the accusations more than it is about MICHAEL; otherwise, the media and those folks who gets on your nerves would be talking about those who were accused. THEY DO NOT). Also, the media think MJ help get sales & get them ratings (again MJ is also exciting to them. Look how some of those trolls still stalk MJ fans-some are just looking for drama anywhere they can get it also). These fools know MJ was innocent but they want to talk. Do not let it get to you. You MUST know most people are NOT sitting around trying to trash MJ no matter how some media outlets want you to think so (those media outlet are often saying what they feel, NOT the world/society). This why MJ is still being played despite LN and even the few who did removed his music has it back on. So again, keep negative trash in perceptive. You take it to heart about MJ because you love MJ probably far more than the other artists you like also. When LN came out last year, I was one on this board who told everyone that lying trash will be an overall flop and people will start taking it apart (debunk) for all the lies. Look, it happen. People who love MJ will continue to love MJ; and if there a few fans who do not want to listen to him no more, they were never fans from the start because there is too much info to show LN and everything else was lies (also you can not take serious some of these people. They were never fans but they think by claiming they were fans, it helps their lame argument. NOT). Just know MJ is loved (there will always be some haters as all of us have "haters"), his music is giving comfort to people in this stressful time, and MJ is in HEAVEN looking down smiling at the love you and all of us have for him.

It’s okay to take a break.

Stay away from negativity. Personally you have to be pretty thick skinned and have all your ducks lined up to bother with the idiots. I openly admit ive always stayed away from anything that is full of hate.it does you no good to go looking for it or get involved unless you just go to post somefacts and then walk away. Thats why we have places like this and other boards. the internet /twitter can totally screw your perception of reality.

I get it. That docu airing and seeing all the tweets coming in from the usual folk stating so matter of factly about Michael based on some poorly researched one-sided hit piece made by someone with a history of MJ hit pieces! Not to mention the otherwise intelligent folk who accept it all. All backed up by an organisation with worldwide notoriety and integrity. It's very difficult. Especially when the cards are all stacked against us, and they had the best part of a year to fire their shots against us. To me it feels like this broken and battered defence ought to be firing back. But it remains largely silent.

Michael didn't get cancelled. We all know that. But I have to wonder what damage over and above, perhaps longer term, is being done.

I'm over the docu last night already. But I had some of those post Leaving Neverland thoughts in my head last night, similar to what you're feeling. It's just so difficult at times...there will always be people who think this about Michael but the biggest injustice to me is having the BBC approve something that to me is packed with lies and misleading information at a time when it's really time to present an opposition. Or rather, simply tell the full story.

I get it. That docu airing and seeing all the tweets coming in from the usual folk stating so matter of factly about Michael based on some poorly researched one-sided hit piece made by someone with a history of MJ hit pieces! Not to mention the otherwise intelligent folk who accept it all. All backed up by an organisation with worldwide notoriety and integrity. It's very difficult. Especially when the cards are all stacked against us, and they had the best part of a year to fire their shots against us. To me it feels like this broken and battered defence ought to be firing back. But it remains largely silent.

Michael didn't get cancelled. We all know that. But I have to wonder what damage over and above, perhaps longer term, is being done.

I'm over the docu last night already. But I had some of those post Leaving Neverland thoughts in my head last night, similar to what you're feeling. It's just so difficult at times...there will always be people who think this about Michael but the biggest injustice to me is having the BBC approve something that to me is packed with lies and misleading information at a time when it's really time to present an opposition. Or rather, simply tell the full story.
MJ will be fine. This trash just make the BBC look foolish. This only exposes the UK lying media.

You get to deal with haters and morons each day, fighting them and telling them off can really stress you out like it did to me after Twitter suspended my account for no fricking reason at all and I still say that’s nothing but a hater job on their part.

Not at all. I think it is perfactly natural with everything that has been going on.

Youre not the only one feeling that way as i too feel that way somtimes

Personally I'm getting more and more detached from the environment in general. I continue to listen to his music and defend him if I have the chance to, but I'm no longer into all the other things like what one or the other said or did... it's just a toxic world in my opinion, and it's definitely not for me. It never was and probably never will be, and has nothing to do with what Michael really was.

The world is toxic and stupid, you can’t forget stupid.

You can still love him and be his fan in your own heart and mind. There's no need to involve him in your social media accounts if you don't want to. I was completely wrapped up in him for many, many years before I ever had internet, or a computer and before I ever got involved in FB, twitter, forums, etc. The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield and it can be exhausting and unhealthy at times.

All I have to do is watch something like his MITM performance from Oslo 1992 (which I only discovered today) and all of my feelings flood into every part of my body. I remember why I became his fan in the first place and everything else just melts away, into white noise.

Mikky Dee;4285627 said:
The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield

I’m glad you said that. I’m new to all of this, and while I was busy for a few weeks and wasn’t really active on Twitter, apparently two huge fights among the fan base happened, and I ended up on some people’s block list without ever engaging in any of it, presumably merely based on following people from both camps. Due to those people blocking me, half of the posts in those discussion threads aren’t visible to me, so I can’t even really figure out what it was all about. But all for L.O.V.E, I guess. :D

ScreenOrigami;4285646 said:
apparently two huge fights among the fan base happened, and I ended up on some people’s block list without ever engaging in any of it, presumably merely based on following people from both camps. Due to those people blocking me, half of the posts in those discussion threads aren’t visible to me, so I can’t even really figure out what it was all about. But all for L.O.V.E, I guess. :D

I know you not interested but what was the fights was about?

NatureCriminal7896;4285651 said:
I know you not interested but what was the fights was about?

I have no idea. Some people from each camp blocked me, I can’t read half of the conversation. :D
And I don’t really feel like asking, fearing it might start all over again.

NatureCriminal7896;4285650 said:
What does minefield means?

In this context it’s a metaphor for a situation where you can’t take a step without taking a huge risk of triggering an explosive reaction. ;) Like in a war zone, where there are mines everywhere.

ScreenOrigami;4285653 said:
I have no idea. Some people from each camp blocked me, I can’t read half of the conversation. :D
And I don’t really feel like asking, fearing it might start all over again.

In this context it’s a metaphor for a situation where you can’t take a step without taking a huge risk of triggering an explosive reaction. ;) Like in a war zone, where there are mines everywhere.

I understand what you mean. there's always fights breaking out. everyone has their own opinions but it really doesn't need to be fights about what's the best. i'm glad to be fan of mj but some fans. some fans makes us look like nuts. also they claim to spread Michael message but i don't think Michael message was to fight and argue with people.

and it's okay. i was only asking. it's really best to be a fan something outside the internet because some people are crazy. especially when it comes to Michael. this fanbase has it bad and good. but i think what make this fanbase bad is the fake lies about Michael and the fans that are nuts. through what makes it good that we defend Michael and he has fans all over the world.

ever fanbase have their own bad apples just you would think the mj fanbase would be "like" Michael. there are some fans that are. then some fans that not very Michael like.

I hate it when mj fans fight it's really unnecessary

You can still love him and be his fan in your own heart and mind. There's no need to involve him in your social media accounts if you don't want to. I was completely wrapped up in him for many, many years before I ever had internet, or a computer and before I ever got involved in FB, twitter, forums, etc. The MJ fan base is definitely a minefield and it can be exhausting and unhealthy at times.

All I have to do is watch something like his MITM performance from Oslo 1992 (which I only discovered today) and all of my feelings flood into every part of my body. I remember why I became his fan in the first place and everything else just melts away, into white noise.

Yea I know what you mean. I don't talk to my friends about Michael or post about him on my social media any more because 1 of them believes he is guilty and the other is on the fence and it's not my place to bombard with them information because that would just annoy them and they'd think I'm a crazy fan. Michael played a huge part in my life and i do hold his music very close to me it's just sad that this is what I have to do because of how the media obsess over him.

This might hurt you but i'm gonna be real. they are not your friends if they can't respect you what you post on your social media accounts. that your account and you have the right to post whatever you want. i lost some friends last year and don't give freak. anyone who believes Michael is guilty is totally off my friends list. called it selfish or whatever but it's my darn social media account. friends should not tell you what the freak you post on your account because that's your account. okay if you talk with them in person in real life okay. you don't have to talk about him with them in public. but your social media account is your account and how YOU express yourself.

Screw Them.

Yea I know what you mean. I don't talk to my friends about Michael or post about him on my social media any more because 1 of them believes he is guilty and the other is on the fence and it's not my place to bombard with them information because that would just annoy them and they'd think I'm a crazy fan. Michael played a huge part in my life and i do hold his music very close to me it's just sad that this is what I have to do because of how the media obsess over him.
There's plenty of people who were part of the fan base on social media for quite a while, but later stopped because of the whole environment surrounding it, while continuing to be Michael's fans. I think more and more people will do the same over the next years.

Also friends should not control how the heck you live and what you do in your life. if they doing this leave them. they are toxic.

Back