Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 106 USD (57%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does the MJ + Whitney Duet really exist?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Does the MJ + Whitney Duet really exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    More than likely some more songs are recorded and exist but doesn’t mean the Estate has them in their possession. MJ didn’t trust many people, so who knows where certain songs are. The songs we have are it at the moment. The fact that not much has been released since his death is telling. Either, he lost them or destroyed them or simply told the producers to never hand them over for release. We may never know. The thing that has always concerned me is they released the Casio tracks, that tell me they probably don’t have much in their possession. So we have 7 tracks from the Michael album, demos from Bad and some previously leaked then butchered songs on Xscape. So we think all of a sudden we are going to get some fresh new tracks? The time to released anything new and strong was immediately after he died.
    The Estate has definitely more songs in their possession because right after the singer’s death, John McClain discovered around 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs.

When they were compiling the final track list of the ‘Michael’ album, they chose from those 60 songs, as confirmed also by John Branca.

For the ‘BAD 25’ album that came out two years after, the Estate had in their possession an extra number of 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs from the ‘BAD’ album recording sessions alone.

Also, L.A. Reid spoke about 24 unreleased tracks in a complete/nearly complete state from which they chose when they compiled the final track list of the ‘Xscape’ album.

The Estate and Sony Music also indicated that they aim at longevity when it comes to Michael Jackson’s future, posthumous album releases (that contain unreleased tracks).

This longevity (as their aim) means that all of Michael Jackson’s unreleased tracks (in a complete/nearly complete state of completion) should not get a release only in the following decade after his death, but they should get a gradual release on a long-term basis that covers many, following decades (as they stated, just like the strategy of Elvis Presley Estate).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,893 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    The Estate has definitely more songs in their possession because right after the singer’s death, John McClain discovered around 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs.

When they were compiling the final track list of the ‘Michael’ album, they chose from those 60 songs, as confirmed also by John Branca.

For the ‘BAD 25’ album that came out two years after, the Estate had in their possession an extra number of 60 unreleased, complete/nearly complete songs from the ‘BAD’ album recording sessions alone.

Also, L.A. Reid spoke about 24 unreleased tracks in a complete/nearly complete state from which they chose when they compiled the final track list of the ‘Xscape’ album.

The Estate and Sony Music also indicated that they aim at longevity when it comes to Michael Jackson’s future, posthumous album releases (that contain unreleased tracks).

This longevity (as their aim) means that all of Michael Jackson’s unreleased tracks (in a complete/nearly complete state of completion) should not get a release only in the following decade after his death, but they should get a gradual release on a long-term basis that covers many, following decades (as they stated, just like the strategy of Elvis Presley Estate).
    I do think there are more songs than some says. I will not try to guess just how many songs are in the vault.

But - if they found 60 songs and from those they choose songs for Michael - many of those 60 was Cascio songs?? - that makes the number a bit lower.

I have never heard that The Estate all of a sudden discovered 60 BAD outtakes/demoes and from those songs were choosen for BAD25?? - I hope it's true, but I doubt there is 60 songs alone from the BAD sessions. - Not with vocals. Then it's just scrape demoes with no vocals - that can never be used really.

AND the 24 songs considered for Xscape is probably leftovers from the Michael song selection. - So if there was 60 songs, 10 was on Michael - that leaves 50, from those another 10 is Cascio - that leaves 40, from those 24 was good enough to be considered for Xscape and 8 songs was released - that leaves 32 songs total from the 60. - maybe only 16 good enough to release??

This prooves nothing and I know nothing about songs in the vault - It just shows numbers can be played with and proves nothing.

Only The Estate knows how many MJ songs are left - and since some producers may have unfinished songs, even the estate don't really know I guess...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago. :)

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    I do think there are more songs than some says. I will not try to guess just how many songs are in the vault.

But - if they found 60 songs and from those they choose songs for Michael - many of those 60 was Cascio songs?? - that makes the number a bit lower.

I have never heard that The Estate all of a sudden discovered 60 BAD outtakes/demoes and from those songs were choosen for BAD25?? - I hope it's true, but I doubt there is 60 songs alone from the BAD sessions. - Not with vocals. Then it's just scrape demoes with no vocals - that can never be used really.

AND the 24 songs considered for Xscape is probably leftovers from the Michael song selection. - So if there was 60 songs, 10 was on Michael - that leaves 50, from those another 10 is Cascio - that leaves 40, from those 24 was good enough to be considered for Xscape and 8 songs was released - that leaves 32 songs total from the 60. - maybe only 16 good enough to release??

This prooves nothing and I know nothing about songs in the vault - It just shows numbers can be played with and proves nothing.

Only The Estate knows how many MJ songs are left - and since some producers may have unfinished songs, even the estate don't really know I guess...
    Excellent post, which gives much food for thought.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,603 Times in 756 Posts

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt there's an unheard duet between Michael and Whitney in the vault. Surely we would have heard that in the last 10 years since they've passed?

It reminds me of when someone close to Prince mentioned he reworked Bad and sent it back to MJ and said this is how you should do it.
    I would have thought we would have heard that by now or even heard more about it?