Does the MJ + Whitney Duet really exist?

mjfan_93

Proud Member
Is it true that a MJ and Whitney Houston duet exist? Do we have any more Information about this?

I don't think it is. but it's been told that they wanted too. i think Whitney was actually suppose to do i just can't stop loving you. but went with Siedah Garrett. i'm not sure though.

i really wish Michael and Whitney did duets. that would of been awesome. it been say they had a fling but i'm not sure that true or not.

it been say they had a fling but i'm not sure that true or not.
I don't know about that. I do remember there was a rumor in the mid-1980s that Whitney & Jermaine were dating while he was still married to Hazel Gordy. If Mike did get with Whitney afterward, and if the Jermaine rumor is true. Then that would be the same situation that Randy & Jermaine got into later on. :laughing:

Doubtful. If it did, you'd think one of his engineers would've commented on it.

I don't know about that. I do remember there was a rumor in the mid-1980s that Whitney & Jermaine were dating while he was still married to Hazel Gordy. If Mike did get with Whitney afterward, and if the Jermaine rumor is true. Then that would be the same situation that Randy & Jermaine got into later on. :laughing:

What do you mean? you mean that Randy and Jermaine kids also their brothers and sisters? if i got that right. yeah i heard about that. my goodness. i don't know if Michael would have kids with Whitney but that would of been a mess up relationship like those two.

Michael and Jermaine already didn't get along much. i think that would of make things somewhat worst.

soap

i don't know if Michael would have kids with Whitney but that would of been a mess up relationship like those two.
I wasn't talking about kids, only the getting with the same woman part. It'll be like the Rumours lineup of Fleetwood Mac, a soap opera.

Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston never recorded a duet together.

But they came very close to recording a duet together on two occasions.

‘I Just Can't Stop Loving You’ was initially offered to Barbra Streisand as a duet with Michael Jackson, but she did not like the song.

Then, it was offered to Whitney Houston, but at that time she was not interested in recording a duet with Michael Jackson.

After Whitney Houston’s refusal, Michael Jackson considered offering the song to Diana Ross as a duet, but eventually he changed his mind.

Many years later, Rodney Jerkins and his team of songwriters suggested that the ‘If I Told You That’ song should also be recorded as a duet between Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston (apart from Whitney Houston’s already solo version of the song).

“… That song [‘If I Told You That’] was meant to be for Whitney and Michael… We didn’t make it happen and the next person was George Michael…” (Rodney Jerkins)

If the ‘If I Told You That’ song was recorded as a duet (between Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston), it would have been included on her ‘Whitney: The Greatest Hits’ compilation album which was released in 2000.

I remember a rumor that the song was supposed to be called Days of the broken hearted, but I never saw any evidence of it actually existing.

For the 30th Anniversary Concert, they would have had a live duet on “One Day in Your Life”, but it never came to fruition.

Xscape2041;4285199 said:
I remember a rumor that the song was supposed to be called Days of the broken hearted, but I never saw any evidence of it actually existing.

‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’ was just mentioned by several reports in 2007 as a duet song (when both of them were working on their respective, solo albums), but later these reports proved to be wrong about the existence of it.

Also, according to people from Whitney Houston’s camp, she never recorded with Michael Jackson a duet song called ‘Days Of The Broken Hearted’.

mysterygirl7;4285259 said:
I just can’t stop loving you.... with Whitney......

��������

I know right? ugh. i wish they did a duet. it's didn't had to been ijcsly any song would of been nice.

I wish I'm your baby tonight was thier duet or the way you make me feel!

Hudson112;4285218 said:
For the 30th Anniversary Concert, they would have had a live duet on “One Day in Your Life”, but it never came to fruition.

Correct. And the video recording actual exists.

NatureCriminal7896;4285729 said:
Me too. does anyone has it?

Apart from the Estate, no one else has that footage which remains under lock and key and still inaccessible to the public.

But dance teacher and impersonator Anthony King was present at that rehearsal, and he has revealed some more information about the ‘One Day In Your Life’ duet rehearsal for the 2001 MSG shows.

According to Anthony King, Michael Jackson did sing a lot of the song in falsetto while he was rehearsing the song as a duet with Whitney Houston.

The reason for the duet’s eventual cancellation apparently had to do with an orchestra string issue that arose at one point while they were rehearsing it (that duet song was supposed to be performed fully live with a band and an orchestra).

That orchestra string issue (which led to its eventual cancellation) was also confirmed by Greg Phillinganes.

mj_frenzy;4285839 said:
Apart from the Estate, no one else has that footage which remains under lock and key and still inaccessible to the public.

But dance teacher and impersonator Anthony King was present at that rehearsal, and he has revealed some more information about the ‘One Day In Your Life’ duet rehearsal for the 2001 MSG shows.

According to Anthony King, Michael Jackson did sing a lot of the song in falsetto while he was rehearsing the song as a duet with Whitney Houston.

The reason for the duet’s eventual cancellation apparently had to do with an orchestra string issue that arose at one point while they were rehearsing it (that duet song was supposed to be performed fully live with a band and an orchestra).

That orchestra string issue (which led to its eventual cancellation) was also confirmed by Greg Phillinganes.
Anthony king? Smh no comment on that phucker!

Anthony king? Smh no comment on that phucker!

Yeah...
I remember that video about One Day In Your Life and all of the other ones about interesting facts.
His videos were quite enjoyable though.

Pretty sure Anthony had a picture from the rehearsal in one of his videos.

Here is Anthony King's video from June 2015 in case anyone's interested in seeing the picture of Michael and Whitney rehearsing(3:18....edit: or in the thumbnail lol):

Last edited:
Good to see you!! Been wondering where you were

I left in September 2018 to focus on my mental health because I was not in a mentally sound place at the time. I came back a couple of days ago just to check in and for the time being I'm sticking around. Not sure how long it'll last though because some of the problematic members I dealt with prior to my leave and who caused me to leave are still very active. As long as those members leave me be I'll stick around for the moment.

Is this real or fake?

Obviously real. This guy was present at the rehearsal and he even has footage of Michael rehearsing Billie Jean:

BTW the One Day In You Life pictures are actually screen caps. This means that he also owns footage of Michael and Whitney rehearsing.

Last edited:
dethorro;4285940 said:
BTW the One Day In You Life pictures are actually screen caps. This means that he also owns footage of Michael and Whitney rehearsing.

See, if he thinks MJ is now a pedophile, I don’t know what he’s doing keeping unreleased footage, he might as well just give it up.

I left in September 2018 to focus on my mental health because I was not in a mentally sound place at the time. I came back a couple of days ago just to check in and for the time being I'm sticking around. Not sure how long it'll last though because some of the problematic members I dealt with prior to my leave and who caused me to leave are still very active. As long as those members leave me be I'll stick around for the moment.

Well, I hope they don't bother you :)

Back