Drake’s new song paying tribute to the King

dam2040

Proud Member
Drake’s new #1 song in the USA Spotify charts pays homage to the Bad buckle jacket, Michael’s dancing and he says “Who’s Bad”

While he’s made some questionable MJ choices, this is a big up yours to those who want to see MJ wiped off the face of the earth.

The number one song in the USA on Spotify contains the chorus, “I could dance like Michael Jackson”. While he can’t, obviously, props to Drake for getting people praising Michael and his dancing ability.

Song is called Toosie Slide.

Last edited:
[Pre-Chorus]
Black leather glove, no sequins
Buckles on the jacket, it's Alyx shit
[Post-Chorus]
Don't you wanna dance with me? No?
I could dance like Michael Jackson
I could give you thug passion
It's a Thriller in the trap where we from
Baby, don't you wanna dance with me? No?
I could dance like Michael Jackson
I could give you satisfaction
And you know we out here every day with it
I'ma show you how to get it

[Chorus]
It go right foot up, left foot, slide
Left foot up, right foot, slide
Basically, I'm sayin', either way, we 'bout to slide, ayy
Can't let this one slide, ayy (Who's bad?)

Drake is the most overrated artist out there right now.

And didn't he drop Don't Matter To Me from his setlist after Leaving Neverland aired? Now that the dust has settled and the focus has shifted from MJ to the current pandemic, he decides to pay tribute to MJ. Where was this tribute this time around last year?

Last edited:
Pretty cool, Drake's tracks always have a chill vibe and positive mj stuff is always nice.

Nite Line;4285479 said:

And didn't he drop Don't Matter To Me from his setlist after Leaving Neverland aired? Now that the dust has settled and the focus has shifted from MJ to the current pandemic, he decides to pay tribute to MJ. Where was this tribute this time around last year?

That doesn’t even change the fact that he’s part of muting Michael off last year which is purely unforgivable and me adding his name to my H8T list for it, unless he really means it by shifting back to Michael’s side then I will remove him from the list. And I mean it by “if he really means it”.

Completely agree.

dam2040;4285456 said:
Drake’s new #1 song in the USA Spotify charts pays homage to the Bad buckle jacket, Michael’s dancing and he says “Who’s Bad”

While he’s made some questionable MJ choices, this is a big up yours to those who want to see MJ wiped off the face of the earth.

The number one song in the USA on Spotify contains the chorus, “I could dance like Michael Jackson”. While he can’t, obviously, props to Drake for getting people praising Michael and his dancing ability.

LOL. No one dances like Michael, of course.

It's good. People are hearing the name Michael Jackson in a good way again. So I support this. Hope this will make more people curious about MJ tho

Until Drake says sorry about what did and said about Michael. i'm not giving him any praise. he did this before. how can you be a fan of someone and also treat them like dirt?

some people use others fame for their fame. sad but it's true. if this song make more people listen to Michael etc. then so be it. but until he say sorry he still on my list of people who believes Michael is guilty as well.

PoP;4285481 said:
That doesn’t even change the fact that he’s part of muting Michael off last year which is purely unforgivable and me adding his name to my H8T list for it, unless he really means it by shifting back to Michael’s side then I will remove him from the list. And I mean it by “if he really means it”.

I'm with ya.

No fan of him either, but as far as I read, he removed the song from the UK leg of his tour. So not in the middle of an ongoing US tour or so. His concert audiences in Europe are probably less black (and so generally less pro-MJ) than in the USA. So maybe the worry was about a higher risk to get a sea of boos during that song in the UK while the LN mess was at it's peak. That surely wouldn't have done himself or Michael a favour either. We also don't know if that was solely his own decision. Management? Concert pomoters? Just thinking.

He didn't pull the song from his catalog, never said something bad about Michael and he just did this new tribute. That tells something as well.

Last edited:
Awesome! Been playing it on a loop. Don't know how I feel about him re-naming the MOONWALK to Toosie Slide though. :moonwalk

He watched Thriller on his Instagram and owns a signed Thriller record. He also posted about Michael on Halloween.

The guy was in a lose-lose with the set list. Michael made changes to his sets too in different legs. It wasn't just DMTM that got dropped.

Yes he's made questionable choices but to outright down the guy for this is ridiculous.

Yeah, pretty sure he removed it because it was a different part of the tour.

Awesome! Been playing it on a loop. Don't know how I feel about him re-naming the MOONWALK to Toosie Slide though. :moonwalk

The slide is a different dance, but the instructions could be applied to the moonwalk.

This is a positive thing for MJ. Drake is a top artist who obviously loves Michael Jackson. Give it a rest guys he changed the setlist on his tour big deal. He may have distanced himself from MJ for a bit but who didn’t considering what went down with LN. he’s back with some positive MJ vibe and the song is catchy. Just let it roll guys, for the sake of hopefully this will help with the negative MJ shit.

Everyone has their own opinions. some of us don't like it. you guys like it fine. but not all of us. and he need to say sorry.

We cry for positive MJ mentions, get one in the biggest song on the charts and don’t exactly react warmly.

I also don't think he's overrated, his music is just to chill and vibe to and I don't think you should go into it looking for any more than that. He just clicks with a lot of people in that way.

I can't even name 5 drake songs. F him

Neither can I. Drake is the perfect example of making it big because of the right connections in the industry. The guy is so overrated. His boring monotonous voice makes me want to sleep.

I find it disgraceful that the estate gave him access to unreleased Michael's vocals so he can butcher his vocals with horrible auto-tune. Someone should tell him that Michael was a great singer who didn't need auto-tune. Drake obviously needs auto-tune because he is horrible. Michael on the other hand didn't need any auto-tune, because he was amazing.

There's a lot of "I don't like something so it's awful" going on in this thread. :innocent:

Awesome! I have always liked drake and his music. Been listening to him eversince he came out with his mixtape back in 08 I think.

Degrassi: The Next Generation

Drake was already known somewhat before he even started making music. He was an actor on a popular teen drama TV show.

dam2040;4285456 said:

(y) Positive vibes for Michael. I’m for anything that’s going to introduce Michael’s legacy to new generations. Btw, Drake didn’t have to use Michael in order for this song to be a success. The fact that he did AND the song is a success is a huge bonus!

I don't really know any Drake songs - only DMTM - and had MJ not been on it I would propably never have heard (of) it...

BUT - Drake is apparently HUGE right now - and a positive tribute to MJ from a huge artist can never be a bad thing really.

We have absolutely no idea why Drake changed his setlist and dropped DMTM... Maybe it was planned even before LN, maybe it was only because of LN - we don't know... So who are we to judge. - As soon as it is someone judging MJ we are always the first to say - Don't judge before you know the truth... But that's only for MJ I guess...

Drake does not need to apologise - As far as I know he has never said anything remotely negative about MJ - quite contrary really...

DMTM was changed in a setlist... who cares? He has many songs to promote when he is on tour...

Hope this song gets youngsters to search for MJ and discover him.

I see all tributes as good things.

Back