Captain EO on Disney+ ?

esteban_59

Proud Member
Would it be possible for Disney+ to put Captain EO on its platform?

It would but it would never happen - Disney has made its anti MJ stance clear.

I’m still boycotting Disney+ why? “The Simpsons” is the real reason.

Maybe in US/Canada or other countries ? Here in France Disney has been launched on April 7th only,
so maybe they'll upload it later, de never know. However, it's still available on the internet and official DVD releases

Last edited:
Maybe in US/Canada or other countries ? Here in France Disney has been launched on April 7th only,
so maybe they'll upload it later, de never know. However, it's still available on the internet and official DVD releases

I just wanna launch a complaint to those 3 idiots for killing the episode off and demand them to revive it back.

Is it on Amazon? the simpsons made a boxset late last year and it has the episode on it. so i'm confuse. the episode is back in some places i think....

Disney + won't include the Michael Jackson episode of The Simpsons, but they will include the episode that has Lena Dunham as a guest star. A woman who had admitted to sexual abusing her own sister. And then there's the other guest stars they've had who have also been accused of sexual abuse. Why aren't those episodes removed from Disney + too?

Last edited:
Why aren't those episodes removed from Disney + too?

good question. maybe because they feel Michael is guilty. they said the reason it was taken off was because they felt it would make the fans a bad taste in their mouths.

ugh. you're right if all these other artists are on there so should be Michael. there no differences between him and them.

Good news is that not everyone who works on The Simpsons agrees with the decision to remove the MJ episode. Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart wrote in a tweet this year that she loved working with Michael, said he had a good heart and that he surrounded himself with too many shady people.

NatureCriminal7896;4286391 said:
good question. maybe because they feel Michael is guilty. they said the reason it was taken off was because they felt it would make the fans a bad taste in their mouths.

ugh. you're right if all these other artists are on there so should be Michael. there no differences between him and them.

That’s why Groening, Brooks and Jean’s brains are poisoned. I just wanna...
giphy.gif

Is it on Amazon? the simpsons made a boxset late last year and it has the episode on it. so i'm confuse. the episode is back in some places i think....

Last I checked, it is on Amazon Video. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom, and it's numbered as episode 99 instead of 1, but it's there. (I had purchased the season on Amazon Video before the episode got banned, but after LN, so YMMV.)

Last I checked, it is on Amazon Video. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom, and it's numbered as episode 99 instead of 1, but it's there. (I had purchased the season on Amazon Video before the episode got banned, but after LN, so YMMV.)

So it's still there?

The decision to remove the Simpsons from circulation was taken by James L. Brooks. Brooks claimed Michael had used the episode in the grooming process of sexual abuse.

Disney merely complied with the Simpsons' decision to disown the episode.

The decision to remove the Simpsons from circulation was taken by James L. Brooks. Brooks claimed Michael had used the episode in the grooming process of sexual abuse.

Brooks seems to be getting senile in his old age

Good news is that not everyone who works on The Simpsons agrees with the decision to remove the MJ episode. Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart wrote in a tweet this year that she loved working with Michael, said he had a good heart and that he surrounded himself with too many shady people.

She's (bart) right. and that's great news.

You know Disney have this thing called vaults where they rerelease things from their past. this is just an idea and probably won't never happen but it would be cool if they do for captain eo.

Disney isn't fully anti Michael they still have one of the pictures frames where Michael is captain eo. i don't know if they took it down or not.

ChrisC;4286463 said:

That’s why I hated him for it.

And Brooks is an idiot. I know it's their show and they can do whatever with it, but that's a huge leap in logic. I mean, Michael didn't even write the episode, so how the hell could he have been grooming anyone with it? And don't tell me the "Happy Birthday Lisa" song (which I believe he did write) was how he tried to groom people because that song is incredibly innocent and trying to twist it into something bad is just... dumb.

Song Of The South

You know Disney have this thing called vaults where they rerelease things from their past.
Not everything. It's doubtful they'll ever release Song Of The South on home video or the original version of Fantasia with the Sunflower scenes. Probably the same with certain cartoon shorts. It was asked if Song Of The South was going to be on the Disney+ channel and Bob Iger said no. Warner Brothers have things like the Censored 11 cartoons and CBS has the 1950s Amos & Andy sitcom in a similar situation.

Re: Song Of The South

And Brooks is an idiot. I know it's their show and they can do whatever with it, but that's a huge leap in logic. I mean, Michael didn't even write the episode, so how the hell could he have been grooming anyone with it? And don't tell me the "Happy Birthday Lisa" song (which I believe he did write) was how he tried to groom people because that song is incredibly innocent and trying to twist it into something bad is just... dumb.

Probably michael is in the episode and people thought he was a pedo and did the crime.

Not everything. It's doubtful they'll ever release Song Of The South on home video or the original version of Fantasia with the Sunflower scenes. Probably the same with certain cartoon shorts. It was asked if Song Of The South was going to be on the Disney+ channel and Bob Iger said no. Warner Brothers have things like the Censored 11 cartoons and CBS has the 1950s Amos & Andy sitcom in a similar situation.

yeah i know that. i'm talking about captain eo.

Re: Song Of The South

Probably michael is in the episode and people thought he was a pedo and did the crime.

I get that, but the way the showrunners described it, they made it sound like Michael deliberately aimed for a guest spot and wrote the entire episode as a nefarious scheme to groom children, which is a hell of a reach and just plain stupid. If people think Michael is guilty, then they should just not watch the episode. To try and erase it from existence is just ridiculous.

Back