Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do we compare Michael with other artists? like beyonce? justin bieber? Prince? etc?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,068 Posts

Default Re: Why do we compare Michael with other artists? like beyonce? justin bieber? Prince? etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    No one is trying to rewrite history about that.

Michael Jackson knew that he did not manage to achieve success in the film industry with his first steps into films (‘The Wiz’, for example, that came out in 1978, was a big commercial flop).

When Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ film came out and met with huge commercial success in 1984, Michael Jackson felt jealousy towards Prince, and he wanted to create something similar with a similar huge commercial success (note here that Michael Jackson had already attended also a screening of the ‘Purple Rain’ film held by Warner Bros. for a special, small audience, before its public release, which also shows his competitive attitude towards Prince).

When the ‘Purple Rain’ film came out, Michael Jackson became at the time so obsessed with Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ film that he started to read avidly all the press/news articles about that film and even to collect those articles for himself (there are also available photos that confirm that).

‘Moonwalker’ (1988) was a musical film based on a studio album (‘BAD’) just like the ‘Purple Rain’ film (1984) which was based on the ‘Purple Rain’ album.

It is not also a coincidence that he bought and created Neverland Ranch just one or two years after Prince created his Paisley Park.

Michael Jackson did these things also because he wanted people to compare him with Prince because that would help him to stay relevant (it was then when he along with Frank Dileo started to plant also stories on press about a rivalry between these two artists).

Also, Michael Jackson along with AEG Live both knew since March (2009) that he was about to perform at least 25 ‘This Is It’ shows, and part of the reason for that number was to outdo Prince’s 21 shows at that venue two years earlier.

Michael Jackson in his final period was still feeling so competitive towards Prince that he desperately wanted his ‘This Is It’ shows to be better than Prince’s shows:

…But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can’t sleep because I’m so super-charged… if I’m not there to receive these [creative] ideas, God might give them to Prince…’” (Michael Jackson, 2009)

Michael Jackson was a highly insecure and competitive artist.

Michael Jackson knew that he did not manage to achieve success in the film industry with his first steps into films (‘The Wiz’, for example, that came out in 1978, was a big commercial flop)
    Michael was supposed to play peter pan in steven spielbergs movie, that later became hook, in 1982 and were it not for the victory tour MJ would have further pursued his film ambitions and he said so himself. I don't udnerstand what you are trying to say with this.

When Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ film came out and met with huge commercial success in 1984, Michael Jackson felt jealousy towards Prince, and he wanted to create something similar with a similar huge commercial success (note here that Michael Jackson had already attended also a screening of the ‘Purple Rain’ film held by Warner Bros. for a special, small audience, before its public release, which also shows his competitive attitude towards Prince).
    Yo can you F**** stop it already? What are you talking about, what jealousy? how could you possible know that? I demand an answer for this, how do you know Michael felt jealousy towards prince? Answer me this. What you are doing now is creating fake rumors just like the tabloids.

When the ‘Purple Rain’ film came out, Michael Jackson became at the time so obsessed with Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ film that he started to read avidly all the press/news articles about that film and even to collect those articles for himself (there are also available photos that confirm that).
    Here you are again spreading fake rumors. You took a picture of MJ reading a regular magazine, that happened to have an article about purple rain, and surmised that he was obsessed and starting to collect them. Haha I can't with you, this is some next level conspiracy stuff. That picture does not confirm in any way anything that you just said.

It is not also a coincidence that he bought and created Neverland Ranch just one or two years after Prince created his Paisley Park.
    Again MJ was already living in a mini neverland in havyenhurst and was prospecting sycomore valley ranch years before prince even bought Paisley Park, so now you're just ignoring facts.

Michael Jackson did these things also because he wanted people to compare him with Prince because that would help him to stay relevant (it was then when he along with Frank Dileo started to plant also stories on press about a rivalry between these two artists).
    Yet again you conflate your own made up beliefs in your mind with reality. You make these baseless claims on absolutely nothing and try to pass them as facts.

‘Moonwalker’ (1988) was a musical film based on a studio album (‘BAD’) just like the ‘Purple Rain’ film (1984) which was based on the ‘Purple Rain’ album.
    BAD was an extension of what MJ had been doing way before prince did Purple Rain with his short films. MJ loved musical movies, his art reflects that and it's only natural he would want to integrate that with his music in a big way. Prince beat him to the punch that I can admit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 851 Posts

Default Re: Why do we compare Michael with other artists? like beyonce? justin bieber? Prince? etc?

Michael Jackson knew that he did not manage to achieve success in the film industry with his first steps into films (‘The Wiz’, for example, that came out in 1978, was a big commercial flop).

Also, Michael Jackson along with AEG Live both knew since March (2009) that he was about to perform at least 25 ‘This Is It’ shows, and part of the reason for that number was to outdo Prince’s 21 shows at that venue two years earlier.

Michael Jackson in his final period was still feeling so competitive towards Prince that he desperately wanted his ‘This Is It’ shows to be better than Prince’s shows:

…But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can’t sleep because I’m so super-charged… if I’m not there to receive these [creative] ideas, God might give them to Prince…’” (Michael Jackson, 2009)

Michael Jackson was a highly insecure and competitive artist.
    Where you getting your information from?
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 25-04-2020 at 11:20 PM.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    1. Michael didn’t create Moonwalker to compete with Purple Rain. Moonwalker was a promotional piece for the album, Bad. Had nothing to do with Purple Rain. Michael poked a little good natured fun at Prince in the film only because Prince had said some devious things about him in the past.
    2. I KNOW Michael had no idea he would sell out as many O2 arenas as he did. He had not toured in years, he was not promoting a new album, he had been inundated with negative press. The difference is Prince was promoting new album, giving away free albums with each purchased ticket, and no negative press.Even the promoters had no idea Michael would sell out even 10 shows. It was his sheer star power and the respect and love for Michael that caused him to sell out 50 shows in ONE CITY with no album or promotion. This is unheard of and no one else in history had ever done it before or since. It had nothing to do with outdoing Prince. The only people I have ever heard say that was the promoters after Michael’s murder. This RUMOR is being spread as if it were fact and Prince fans use it as another tool in their fanatical jealousy and hate of Michael.
    2. The comparisons were 99.9% fueled by the media. It was the media who compared Michael with every artist, even his own sister, just to tear him down.
    3. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to compare artists with each other, male or female. I think that it is childish and ignorant.
    Hallelujah! ALL. OF. THIS.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Cuz, he was the good guy. People need an opposite.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bad Moonwalker View Post
    Cuz, he was the good guy. People need an opposite.
    ??????

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Only an alien can compare him with others

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMjF For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMjF View Post
    Only an alien can compare him with others
    hahahahaha

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,261 Posts

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post: