Untouched Originals Released by the Estate - What Are Your Favourites?

Fuzball

Proud Member
So far the estate has released 18 previously unreleased tracks in their untouched, original state. What's your personal highlight among them?

• Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (demo)
  • Beat It (demo)
  • She's Out Of My Life (demo)
  • Planet Earth
  • Don't Be Messin' 'Round
  • I'm So Blue
  • Abortion Papers
  • Free
  • Price Of Fame
  • Al Capone
  • Love Never Felt So Good
  • She Was Loving Me
  • Loving You
  • A Place With No Name
  • Slave To The Rhythm
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are
  • Blue Gangsta
  • Escape

Re: untouched, original tracks released by the estate - what's your favorite among them?

A Place With No Name.

Re: untouched, original tracks released by the estate - what's your favorite among them?

1. Blue Gangsta
2. Abortion Papers
3. Al Capone
4. She's Out Of My Life (Demo)
5. Slave To The Rhythm

Loving You

This is so hard. we can only choose one? if so i'll say Blue Gangsta the edit version.

For me, it's a toss-up between Don't Be Messin' Around and Al Capone. I like the other tracks of course, but I just love the Bad 25 tracks!

I'm So Blue is, no hyperbole, my favorite MJ song (or at least in the top three). It's borderline perfect.

Abortion Papers (Song Groove)
Slave to the Rhythm
Fly Away
Don't Be Messin' Round

Price of Fame
I'm So Blue
A Place With No Name
Loving You

Price Of Fame
Al Capone

She was loving me is that Chicago?

Price of fame, I'm so blue are my favorites

I don't care much for a place with no name, xscape and the poem

We can choose more then one?

a place with no name.

that song is just so epic, i play it at least once a week.
I read that mj was working on that song in 2008 very briefly. a shame he couldn't release it back then.

a place with no name.

that song is just so epic, i play it at least once a week.
I read that mj was working on that song in 2008 very briefly. a shame he couldn't release it back then.

A lot of fans love this one, but for me, "A Horse with No Name" is just too strong an influence in my brain. I like Michael's vocal performance in "A Place with No Nome", but I can't make any sense of the lyrics, as hard as I try. It just feels a bit weird and utopian to me. I do like the video that was produced for it, though....that helped to "sell" it a little better, IMO.

Yes, it was just renamed to "Chicago" by the estate for whatever reason.

I like that it's called Chicago now. I prefer song titles to be no more than two or three words. Not sure why....I just do.
She Was Loving Me sounds too much like some of the other song titles and not especially original, IMO.
There was a back story to why it was renamed Chicago, but I can't quite remember what it was.....

There was a back story to why it was renamed Chicago, but I can't quite remember what it was.....

That was a made up story. The song was never called "Chicago" until 2014.

I assume the real reason for renaming it was due to the fact that there're already two other songs on the album with "Love" in their title.

Price Of Fame
Al Capone
Slave To The Rhythm
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Blue Gangsta

Yes, it was just renamed to "Chicago" by the estate for whatever reason.

I don't understand why it was renamed to Chicago when MJ says the word 'Chicago' like once in the song. She Was Loving Me was a better title.

Last edited:
It's probably because of the repetition of titles on Xscape. We already have Love Never Felt So Good and Loving You so imagine with She Was Loving Me. It would have been a better title though, as it was the original title.

I assume the real reason for renaming it was due to the fact that there're already two other songs on the album with "Love" in their title.

Quite. Which is what I said, in my second sentence.

It's probably because of the repetition of titles on Xscape. We already have Love Never Felt So Good and Loving You so imagine with She Was Loving Me.

I agree.

I don't think it's always necessary for the words in the song title to be repeated lots of times in the song itself. There can be other, deeper meanings in a title. With Chicago, I always dream that it's in that city that the love affair happened. LOL!

I've been to Chicago and it's one of my favourite American cities. It's also romanticised a little for me, through TV shows like E.R. Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., so I admit that I'm naturally biased towards that title. Haha!

She Was Loving Me sounds too much like some of the other song titles and not especially original, IMO.

It's probably because of the repetition of titles on Xscape. We already have Love Never Felt So Good and Loving You so imagine with She Was Loving Me. It would have been a better title though, as it was the original title.

I don't think it's always necessary for the words in the song title to be repeated lots of times in the song itself.

I agree with all of this.

I like both titles. She Was Loving Me and Chicago. but sometimes i really feel She Was Loving Me is a better title because he saying that mostly in the song. most songs titles are the song lyrics that's mostly repeated the most.

There can be other, deeper meanings in a title. With Chicago, I always dream that it's in that city that the love affair happened. LOL!

I agree with this. i think the same way too. it feel he in Chicago and his "lover" broken his heart and cheated on him. i think i'm right. i'm pretty good with guessing songs.

or just have a good imagination. lol.

I feel a place with no name sounds something like him wanna go to a place with no name. lol. in my imagination i think of a ocean and beach i'm pretty much right from looking at the "music video". hahahaha

My favorites to the high and low since we can choose more then one.

1.Al Capone
2.Blue Gangsta
3.Loving You
4.A Place With No Name
5.Love Never Felt So Good
6.Free
7.Price Of Fame
8.Abortion Papers
9.Don't Be Messin' 'Round
10.Beat It (demo)
11.Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (demo)

i don't get why so many people are obsessed with "Abortion Papers". Its a nice song but the drums are so annoying and ruining it.

Back