imagine already released material in a new coat?

lubyss

Proud Member
Hi there,
I´ve been thinking this idea about a year or two and want to know your opinion.
It´s been already six years from releasing something new, new music, new songs…
I understand that estate is saying there are just a few finished or usable song for the next album or two, but who knows where is the truth?
So, what if estate could give us something released but in the new way of imagination? Like the 2006 release of Sandras album called reflections, where all her hits where gently remixed and modernized?

Here is original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jjzu1Z2RZc
Here is 2006 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWC0weVrZ4

What do you guys think about this idea and what songs would you like to hear like that? You can create your own tracklist… :)

Nahh

Maybe with a huge orhestra - like someone mentioned Elvis' estate has done.

But... To buy the same songs again - slightly changed.. no thank.

Hess;4287524 said:
Nahh

But... To buy the same songs again - slightly changed.. no thank.

I don´t get that state: not buing the same songs again….
Hell it is Michael, his legacy, It would be something new, and Sure it would be much more positive to buy these songs again, than buying cigarets or beer… :)

^^^

But with that logic I should go down the store every third day and buy Thriller over and over again?

I bought The Immortal soundtrack - that added something new. But I don't really listen to that album - because I always prefer MJ's originals.

To keep releasing MJ's song in new mixes, new versions... I don't really see that as a good idea. - I would not be mad or anything if it happend, but I would prefer The Estate to release SOO many new releases before that happend. New album, new concerts, 4K restoring musicvideos, release Thriller 4K, The Making of Thriller, Ghosts and the making of Ghosts etc. etc.

So I was not trying to be negative or anything - and as I wrote. Some of MJ's songs could fit perfect to a HUGE symphony orhestra - like Elvis estate did.

But it is far down the list of my wishes regarding MJ releases.

I believe there are still many songs that they could use for albums. Think about it. The man wrote so much. I think he has hundreds of tunes we don't even know the names of yet.

$ME is just lying so they don't have to do anything new for us.

Hess;4287544 said:
^^^

But with that logic I should go down the store every third day and buy Thriller over and over again?

I would prefer The Estate to release SOO many new releases before that happend. New album, new concerts, 4K restoring musicvideos, release Thriller 4K, The Making of Thriller, Ghosts and the making of Ghosts etc. etc.

what is the difference to go and buy the same songs in a new way, and on the other side go and buy already released materiál? Shortfilms, making of thriller, ghosts (all of them were released) the same as the songs you are referening not to buy… I understand that it would be HD or something NEW.... but it is like you said, the same thing only in new coat…

hmm that is logic… :/ :D

lubyss;4287517 said:
Hi there,
I understand that estate is saying there are just a few finished or usable song for the next album or two, but who knows where is the truth?

I'm pretty sure that this ins't true.

lubyss;4287517 said:
Hi there,
So, what if estate could give us something released but in the new way of imagination? Like the 2006 release of Sandras album called reflections, where all her hits where gently remixed and modernized?

What do you guys think about this idea and what songs would you like to hear like that? You can create your own tracklist… :)

I think it's a bad idea. A very bad idea. But then again, the estate did the very same thing on MICHAEL and especially on XSCAPE.

Worst thing about the estates releases on both posthumous albums is imo that they have presented heavily remixed/recreated tracks as genuine MJ songs. Huge amount of these released tracks have little to none in common with MJs artistic vision.

However, I wouldn't mind if the estate would rerelease songs off MICHAEL & XSCAPE in a way which is close to the artistic vision MJ had on these. All they have to do is just to take the lastest availabe mixes and multitracks and hand them over to a mixing engineer who would do the rest properly.

1. Hollywood Tonight
2. Best of Joy
3. The Way You Love Me
4. Another Day
5. Behind The Mask
6. Much Too Soon
7. She Was Loving Me
8. Slave To The Rhythm
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
10. Blue Gansta
11. Escape

Last edited:
Nahh

Same.

^^^

I bought The Immortal soundtrack - that added something new. But I don't really listen to that album - because I always prefer MJ's originals.

To keep releasing MJ's song in new mixes, new versions... I don't really see that as a good idea. - I would not be mad or anything if it happend, but I would prefer The Estate to release SOO many new releases before that happend. New album, new concerts, 4K restoring musicvideos, release Thriller 4K, The Making of Thriller, Ghosts and the making of Ghosts etc. etc.

yes. it's also a waste of money. i would buy the new stuff. not the same old stuff that i already have. through you do have fans who do that. which i find weird but hey.

Already that the Estate has the unfortunate tendency to remix everything, we shouldn't ask them to do such a thing. We know what remixes without Michael's opinion give.

I would not be interested, it'd be a terrible idea imo.

Now, if they'd give us demos of released material, then I'd happily pay (a lot!) for that.

lubyss;4287517 said:
Hi there,
I´ve been thinking this idea about a year or two and want to know your opinion.
It´s been already six years from releasing something new, new music, new songs…

Here is original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jjzu1Z2RZc
Here is 2006 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWC0weVrZ4

lubyss;4287530 said:
I don´t get that state: not buing the same songs again….
Hell it is Michael, his legacy, It would be something new, and Sure it would be much more positive to buy these songs again, than buying cigarets or beer… :)

Any effort to gently remix and modernize his songs (posthumously) ruins the original feel of these songs.

That is why, his fans generally are not interested in buying such modernized versions of his songs, especially when these modernizations are made by people who never worked with Michael Jackson before when he was alive but now they are hired so as to modernize these songs.

Also, his fans consider such posthumous, gentle modernized releases a way for the Estate to cheat them (by creating very easy profit with minimal effort).

The only time that the modernization of his songs worked is when Michael Jackson was still alive and he hired certain people to gently modernize some of his songs for his live performances.

For example, many of his fans liked the modernized, funkier version of the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ song when he was performing it live in 1997.

Many of his fans also liked the modernized version of the ‘Threatened’ song (with real musical instruments) when he was rehearsing it for the ‘This Is It’ concerts.

Back