If One Old Unreleased Track Were to be Released as a Single it Should Be.....?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
State of Shock with Freddie Mercury. Get the demo finished and you have airplay guaranteed. Based on Spotify Queen and MJ are the 2 biggest old acts (not counting the current crop of artists). Not only that but I think their voices go very well together. Such a shame that their collaborations were never finished, they would make epic music together. It would have been legendary.
The McCartney duets in comparison are so bland.

Re: If one old unreleased track were to be released as a single it should be

Imho the demo with Freddy is far superior than album cut with Jagger. Btw, I'm wondering what Victory sounds like.

I agree.

I like the Jagger version as well but Mercury has such a powerful voice it can't even be a debate which one is the most interesting, imo.

I also love the Stevie Wonder duets, there's so much energy and fun in those.

After all these years, why hasn't Victory been released?

Also, speaking of McCartney, what's the deal with the song "Remember This Night"? Anybody have any info on that? It's registered.

After all these years, why hasn't Victory been released?

Roger Taylor from Queen described trying to get the MJ Estate to let them release the tracks as something to the effect of "wading through mud". Apparently Queen also made their own version of There Must Be More To Life Than this but The Estate only allowed them to release the horrid William Orbit mix.

I've only noticed the Queen spike since Bohemian Rhapsody.

Perhaps true but it seems to last. They have been in the top 40 most played artist on Spotify at least since the film was released. Not to mention 25 million followers which is a lot more than MJ.

Elton John knows a similar peak but he so far hasn't reached the top 100 yet.
Next year there is a probably heavy marketed Elvis biopic so he will experience a new peak as well.

If you want to stay relevant this is how to do it. I do want MJ to stay relevant so we have more chances of unreleased material/concerts to find a release/leak. My hunger for more MJ is insatiable :p

I think State of Shock with Freddie Mercury will be a brilliant release. It will be a top 10 hit in the UK at least. I love Freddie. For me, he is the greatest male singer of all time and He/Queen are my second favourite after Michael Jackson.

I absolutely hate the version with Jagger. First of all, I don't think very highly of Jagger. I think he is overrated. Secondly, I don't think Michael and Jagger's voices go well together. I love MJ and Freddie's 'There Must Be More To Life Than This' duet, so I am sure I will love their 'State of Shock' as well. I hope it's released someday, along with Victory.

Well, Queen's lead singer Freddie Mercury who was the heart and soul of the band has been dead for nearly 30 years and they haven't released a new album since 1995, so the biopic was a great way to introduce Queen to the younger audience.

Just imagine if a good biopic about Michael is made, it could do wonders for his legacy as well.

Michael Jackson's performance on streaming charts and YouTube and all the other modern ways of consuming music is solid. He's been consistent there for 10 years and stands alone among his catalogue peers - we've been reporting that here over the years. I really have no issues in that department.

And I thought Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman were pretty poor films. I have little appetite for a Michael Jackson one, despite it already being in the works.

Michael Jackson's performance on streaming charts and YouTube and all the other modern ways of consuming music is solid. He's been consistent there for 10 years and stands alone among his catalogue peers - we've been reporting that here over the years. I really have no issues in that department.

And I thought Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman were pretty poor films. I have little appetite for a Michael Jackson one, despite it already being in the works.

Well of course, Michael was a way bigger star than Queen. He was definitely the biggest artist of all time, which is why he doesn't really need a biopic to get back on the charts. He is still slaying it on the charts.

But a positive biopic about Michael, even if it isn't of the best quality is exactly what Michael needs right now, especially after Leaving Neverland.

I do have this horrid fear of it being awful, but I think if done well it could elevate his general perception even higher.

If a biopic is done well like Bohemian Rhapsody then it will do wonders for Michael's legacy.

It's not the first time a biopic is in production, I'll see it when a trailer hits before I believe it's really happening.
It most probably will be bad (no pun intended) anyway.

Either way I would end it with the verdict reading in 2005 with the judge saying loud and clear NOT GUILTY and then fade to black and "gone too soon" playing for the end titles. Then last but not least after the film ends the Taj Docu should start playing. Perfect double header. Great exposure and a big **** you to the Reed crew.

I say between baby be mine or just good friends.

In my opinion i don't want no biopic. do we have many of those already? why make more? Michael been gone almost 11 years. i know the estate needs money and all but this is stupid. if they really need money why not just release something everyone will enjoy. like music or concerts.

if a new biopic comes out i'm probably not gonna watch it and if i do it's probably gonna be weeks or a few months after it release. in my opinion we don't need another biopic. we have enough already and some of them are pretty bad and always talk about the fake lies.

That's because McCartney is bland. LOL. And VERY over-rated, IMO.
The best thing about those duets was Michael, of course.

I agree with you about the MJ/Freddie Mercury version of State of Shock.
It would be a brilliant release, if finished.

Roger Taylor from Queen described trying to get the MJ Estate to let them release the tracks as something to the effect of "wading through mud". Apparently Queen also made their own version of There Must Be More To Life Than this but The Estate only allowed them to release the horrid William Orbit mix.

I'm kind of glad that the Estate makes it difficult.

I say between baby be mine or just good friends.

These have already been released and Baby Be Mine isn't a duet with anyone.....it's all MJ.

Why? The Brian May mix of TMBMTLTT is just beautiful and elevates the song to another level and I don't see any damage will be done to MJ's legacy if the estate let Queen release all 3 duets with Freddie

Why? The Brian May mix of TMBMTLTT is just beautiful and elevates the song to another level and I don't see any damage will be done to MJ's legacy if the estate let Queen release all 3 duets with Freddie

Brian May mix? Where has it been leaked?

Honestly I hope that they don't release the songs with Queen because those who would earn money out of them are those that are using the band's name improperly even today.
Queen died the day Freddie died and I can't stand the fact that 2 of 4 members are making a living with Freddie's talent.
They even replaced him with Adam Lambert.

Hopefully someday we'll get to hear Victory, maybe leaked by someone

It's not the first time a biopic is in production, I'll see it when a trailer hits before I believe it's really happening.
It most probably will be bad (no pun intended) anyway.

Either way I would end it with the verdict reading in 2005 with the judge saying loud and clear NOT GUILTY and then fade to black and "gone too soon" playing for the end titles. Then last but not least after the film ends the Taj Docu should start playing. Perfect double header. Great exposure and a big **** you to the Reed crew.

There's absolutely no way hell they can cover Michael's entire life in a 2-hour biopic. If they wanted to cover his entire life then they'd have to make a biopic trilogy, lol. Or even a Netflix miniseries.

Why? Because of The Estate the only released version of that song we have is a horrible sounding remix.

Brian May mix? Where has it been leaked?

A mix leaked a few years ago, called the gold mix, nobody knows where it came from but it's speculated it is one of the queen versions, it's also speculated to be unfinished. It's on YouTube.

Much better than the released version

Last edited:

A mix leaked a few years ago, called the gold mix, nobody knows where it came from but it's speculated it is one of the queen versions, it's also speculated to be unfinished. It's on YouTube.

Much better than the released version

I remember this. Afaik this hans't been verified being a genuine Brian May mix. Nevertheless it's thousand times better than the shitty Wiliam Orbit mix.

I remember this. Afaik this hans't been verified being a genuine Brian May mix. Nevertheless it's thousand times better than the shitty Wiliam Orbit mix.

Yeah, I've seen people say they don't think it's Brian at the end, it's official in some capacity anyway. It's been heavily implied it came from the Queen camp. I doubt a fan would have isolated MJ vocals lol.

There's absolutely no way hell they can cover Michael's entire life in a 2-hour biopic. If they wanted to cover his entire life then they'd have to make a biopic trilogy, lol. Or even a Netflix miniseries.

I agree with this. samething they were trying to do with the musical expect stopping at the dangerous era which i find a bad idea. in my opinion we don't need a biopic.

Back