What is Known About the J5 Las Vegas Shows?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I know some of the things they did there were also done for the Jacksons Variety show. Does anyone know what songs were sung or what a typical show looked like?

Did MJ sing "killing me softly" there?

The Las Vegas concerts included La Toya, Randy, Janet and also Rebbie.

The Las Vegas Set List : Skywriter, Killing Me Softly With His Song, Oh Danny Boy, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Bi Min Bist Da Schorn, The Love You Save, I'll Be There, ABC, I Want You Back, Love Is Strange (Janet & Randy), When I'm Calling You, I Got You Babe, The Beat Goes On.

Concert Dates in Las Vegas, Nevada:

April 7 (1974) Opening Night

April 9-23 (1974)

Other dates in Nevada:

April 26-28 (1974)
May 27 -June 2 (1974)

At the Sahara Tahoe Hotel, Lake Tahoe, Nevada

Source: https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Jacksons

Some images from Las Vegas, 1974:

It was done like this in the Las Vegas shows? It's one of the best things they ever did those 5 minutes, imo.

That video you posted has a great extended version of "get it together" is it fanmade?

Last edited by a moderator:

It was done like this in the Las Vegas shows? It's one of the best things they ever did those 5 minutes, imo.

From what I can find out, the Las Vegas concerts closely followed the format of what they were doing on variety shows at the time (such as The Cosby Show in your video). That makes sense to me, because that way, they wouldn't have had to devise a new format, learn new musical arrangements, practise new dance moves, etc.

Back