Christine and the Queens!

code753cr

Proud Member
Christine and the Queens is a new group that is French based and HEAVILY Michael Jackson influenced. I haven't seen a thread on her here and I think they would be an interesting discussion on this forum. They are very trip-hop, new wave indie pop group.

It feels like a breath of fresh air to hear new music performed in this nature gaining popularity.

Below is a link to their 2019 Glastonbury concert I recently came across and felt almost compelled to share it. The outfit gives me "The Way You Make Me Feel" vibes.

Let me know what you guys think of them!

Also worth mentioning, the beginning of "Comme Si" studio track sounds almost identical to the beginning of "Another Part Of Me"

Wow, very strange experience, the show (the dresses, the background dancers, the effects and the whole spontaneity) has got a sort of 80's/new wave-ish feels to it, but at the same time you somehow know it's recent. A very feel-good concert and interesting artist, thanks for letting us know about her. For first listen I got more 80's vibe from the music than MJ (not that it's a bad thing of course), the dance and the style are definitely MJ-ish though (a swaggy Bad-era vibe).

I sort of live under a rock, haha, so it's not surprising I haven't hear about her, but she's got a massive loving audience here (even outside France), how well known is she?

Also worth mentioning, the beginning of "Comme Si" studio track sounds almost identical to the beginning of "Another Part Of Me"
The synths intro? Indeed. :)

Back