Did Lavelle Smith Jr ever participated in This is It?

camusn

Proud Member
We all knew that Lavelle was a longtime choreographer of Michael, who also played an important role in Michael's last performance in 2002. However, he was not been seen in any part of This Is It, neither the audition nor brainstorming session. Was Lavelle have ever been invited to be part of the concert?

It is hard to believe that Michael would give up the chance to collaborate with his experienced partners, especially Travis and Stacy have been involved as well.

At the end of his documentary he spoke on it & said something about he was on it but got kicked off.... he never said why, at least not yet

I heard that he was there at the start but he was let go for some reason. I'm not sure if it was Michael's decision or AEG's. Maybe they had too many people so they had let some go.

Yes, LaVelle was going to be one of Michael's dancers during the This Is It residency/tour.

Also, David Williams, Kevin Dorsey and Greg Phillinganes were supposed to be part of the This Is It band (before David passed away and the other two got kicked off).

In fact, Kevin Dorsey was the one who put the This Is It band together, not Michael Bearden.

I firmly believe Michael had nothing to do with does members getting kicked off/out.
Apart from the obvious, there is something not right about This Is It

Thank you guys! I just listened to Kevin Dorsey interview by MJCast.
It's a very sad story that the old members were being kicked out with no mercy and being told that Michael wants to go to another direction.

I agree the show is somehow going wrong and far from what Michael had expected. :no:

Last edited:
Back