Anyone remembers what Janet said about some late 70s MJ unreleased music?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I seem to remember a quote from her from an interview after 2009 that she heard the most incredible unreleased MJ music made during the later half of the 70s, stuff that nobody will ever hear. I think she was referring to classical sounding music

Did she add titles or any more information?

I seem to remember a quote from her from an interview after 2009 that she heard the most incredible unreleased MJ music made during the later half of the 70s, stuff that nobody will ever hear. I think she was referring to classical sounding music

Did she add titles or any more information?

I vaguely remember this. Wasn't one song that she mentioned titled "Iowa"?

Yes Iowa rings a bell or Ohio. I wonder what she meant when she said nobody will ever hear it. Perhaps he was playing some bits on piano for her without anything being recorded.

Yes, the song is "Iowa", wrote in 1977 just before "The Wiz".
It was on a interview for the "Q" magazine in 1993.
She said: "He put all the songs he had written onto tape in the studio in our parents' house... These are the things he's written for orchestras, that are classical music-- like something from Bach or Beethoven."

Last edited:
Actually it would be my dream job to arrange and catalogue MJ's vault of recordings and videos. Imagine going to work if that's your full time job. Maybe I can apply?

Based on the Estate's track record I don't see how they could be trusted with a release of classical music supposedly composed by Michael.

Based on the Estate's track record I don't see how they could be trusted with a release of classical music supposedly composed by Michael.

Yeah, I wouldn't have the trust in them that what they put out is the stuff mj did.

Last edited:
Back