Was MJ working on debuting new dance moves for TII?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
One thing we saw evolve with each tour was his dancing, he constantly introduced new moves (for him) to the fans. Was something different in the pipeline for the TII concerts?
I can't really say as I saw the film just once in 2009 and I had little to no interest in it afterwards. I remember Billie Jean had one new move (the slow motion pelvic thrust move). What else was new?

There was going to be a brand new dance routine before They Don't Care About Us called The Drill.

The one where he humps the air in slow motion during the Billie Jean dance breakdown, I think that would’ve popped the stadium if he got to do it in front of fans :D

Michael Jackson was working on only one new dance move, that is, the Cadence Drill dance part (and nothing else).

He was rehearsing his old, familiar dance moves, but slightly modified because of his older age at that time.

Besides, Michael Jackson did not really express interest in new dance moves for those shows.

Also, both Stacy Walker and Travis Payne did not propose to him additional new dance moves, because the focus of those shows was not on his possible new dance moves.

The ‘This Is It’ shows focused on the visual effects and on the dance from his back up dancers, which were going to occupy the biggest part of the overall performance (in terms of on stage time).

I saw him do quite a few moves in TII that I hadn't seen him do before, in other concerts. Whether they would have made an appearance in the actual stage performances is anyone's guess. The moves I'm thinking of are the pop-locking/isolations in Billie Jean - arms, shoulders, hips; the body rock he was doing up on the stage ramp, when Threatened was playing; The Drill, of course; the improvisations for TWYMMF, when he was working with the female dancers.

mj_frenzy;4290296 said:
Michael Jackson was working on only one new dance move, that is, the Cadence Drill dance part (and nothing else).

He was rehearsing his old, familiar dance moves, but slightly modified because of his older age at that time.

Besides, Michael Jackson did not really express interest in new dance moves for those shows.

Also, both Stacy Walker and Travis Payne did not propose to him additional new dance moves, because the focus of those shows was not on his possible new dance moves.

The ‘This Is It’ shows focused on the visual effects and on the dance from his back up dancers, which were going to occupy the biggest part of the overall performance (in terms of on stage time).

No offence - but this sounds more like your guesses than facts.

We do not know if MJ had some new moves, he had not performed tours since 1997 - I think it's very likely he has rehearsed in all those years and maybe come up with something new. - Maybe not groundbreaking like Moonwalk or anything - but I am very sure we would se new moves/variations of dance moves.

mj_frenzy;4290296 said:

Why do you always post like you were Michael's close, personal friend? You don't know what Michael thought and felt, or everything he did or didn't do, or his plans. You don't know these things. And even when you use sources for your assumptions they're usually dodgy sources. For starters, as Mikky said there were a bunch of new moves he did in TII.

Snek;4290253 said:
The one where he humps the air in slow motion during the Billie Jean dance breakdown, I think that would’ve popped the stadium if he got to do it in front of fans :D

:lmao:

I think MJ just goes with the flow. Don't quote me but I think MJ said that he don't think about the moves it just comes to him. He becomes one with the music. Obviously he has some routine but I think alot of his moves are inspired on the spot. That's another reason he is a dancing legend :)

Back