OTW Confession

MOR316

Proud Member
Only ever heard/listened to the Rock With You, DSTYGE and WDAN

Never heard Off The Wall or the rest of the album. Today is the first time I've sat down and listened to the title track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov5vwy3V310

What a joyous and great feeling. Brilliant track and brilliantly performed here.

It's a great album. i love it as well. he's happy and has a lot of joy in him. his first solo album as an adult. love it. (y)

No offense but that is some confession...

Side A of the album is the best music ever recorded imo, side B is a letdown especially I comparison because they are fine songs in itself but side A is legendary. I always hoped some vault tracks (if there are any) of these sessions to be more like side A than B.

Off The Wall is a brilliant album from start to finish. I love all the songs on the album even the much maligned 'It's The Falling In Love.' Even the worst song on the album 'Girlfriend' is a fun little song that deserves its place on the album. Off The Wall is one of the albums that brings a smile to my face, everytime I listen to it.

It's Michael most underrated album on this forum, which is a shame, as it's Michael's most important album.

No offense but that is some confession...

Side A of the album is the best music ever recorded imo, side B is a letdown especially I comparison because they are fine songs in itself but side A is legendary. I always hoped some vault tracks (if there are any) of these sessions to be more like side A than B.

None taken at all.

As I said in my introduction here, I grew up with Dangerous and History. Bad was knocking around my house on cassette. Love that album!
Black Or White was a staple for me. I obviously knew Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, the main singles from his career and knew WBSS when I heard it. Only heard Human Nature last year for the first time ever

He wasn't my go to so to speak as the years passed, because I was exploring different genres etc. Only time I would listen to him is if he came on the radio.

The, what I believe to be, smear campaign last year got me interested in doing research. As that was going on I decided to check out WBSS from Wembley in 88.

Hooked since :)

I'm so jealous I wish I could listen to Off The Wall again for the first time what an experience. Such a fantastic album

The first half of the album hasn't aged a day and I Can't Help It, is just magical

Welcome by the way

Last edited:
None taken at all.

As I said in my introduction here, I grew up with Dangerous and History. Bad was knocking around my house on cassette. Love that album!
Black Or White was a staple for me. I obviously knew Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, the main singles from his career and knew WBSS when I heard it. Only heard Human Nature last year for the first time ever

He wasn't my go to so to speak as the years passed, because I was exploring different genres etc. Only time I would listen to him is if he came on the radio.

The, what I believe to be, smear campaign last year got me interested in doing research. As that was going on I decided to check out WBSS from Wembley in 88.

Hooked since :)

I grew up with Dangerous but thriller and bad had no secrets either because almost all of those tracks got a lot of airplay. The second album I bought was Off the wall because I didn't know many of the song titles then. I only knew I can't help it ( b side to thriller single) and the two nr 1 hits.
It took me some years to really warm to it because it's such a different sound to dangerous. I think the album these days is mostly only favorited by the older fans and many of those people probably aren't very active on forums or grew out of fandom. I totally believe/understand teenagers these days find the album very outdated but I think many will come to recognize it as a masterpiece later on in their life (basically like I did).

What I like about the album and most albums of that era is the clear production, you can easily make out all the instruments, it's not overproduced. I usually listen to the bass and it's so funky which I'm very fond of, 70s era dance music never grows old for me.

The power of dangerous, to me it still sounds fresh for people who only get to know the album right now. I hope one day it will get the recognition it deserves.

I grew up with Dangerous but thriller and bad had no secrets either because almost all of those tracks got a lot of airplay. The second album I bought was Off the wall because I didn't know many of the song titles then. I only knew I can't help it ( b side to thriller single) and the two nr 1 hits.
It took me some years to really warm to it because it's such a different sound to dangerous. I think the album these days is mostly only favorited by the older fans and many of those people probably aren't very active on forums or grew out of fandom. I totally believe/understand teenagers these days find the album very outdated but I think many will come to recognize it as a masterpiece later on in their life (basically like I did).

What I like about the album and most albums of that era is the clear production, you can easily make out all the instruments, it's not overproduced. I usually listen to the bass and it's so funky which I'm very fond of, 70s era dance music never grows old for me.

The power of dangerous, to me it still sounds fresh for people who only get to know the album right now. I hope one day it will get the recognition it deserves.

Music that is timeless to you, that makes you dance, move, tap your foot, inspires you, never grows old my friend :)

Dangerous, I can be hot and cold on lately...Still a good album but, some days I think it's great, other days I can think it's very good. I really think it was a big mistake leaving Blood On The Dance Floor off the final track listing, if it was written in time.

Then again, I ain't the KOP nor a great producer :)

It's make laugh when people say teenagers and young adults don't know nothing about off the wall. last year and this year I seen a lot of young adults and teenagers who likes off the wall.

it's depends on the person music taste it not always the age.

it's makes me happy when people not only young listen to Michael early albums because there's a lot in thoses. lot of history (no pun) I wouldn't say all of them are outdated. most of them are pretty relevant today. Michael was ahead of his time. he always went with what was coming out before doing his music and doing his own things to it.

It's make laugh when people say teenagers and young adults don't know nothing about off the wall. last year and this year I seen a lot of young adults and teenagers who likes off the wall.

it's depends on the person music taste it not always the age.

it's makes me happy when people not only young listen to Michael early albums because there's a lot in thoses. lot of history (no pun) I wouldn't say all of them are outdated. most of them are pretty relevant today. Michael was ahead of his time. he always went with what was coming out before doing his music and doing his own things to it.

Obviously not aimed at me but, to clarify, I'm unfortunately not a teenager :D

Be nice if I was though ha :)

Umm..... i wasn't calling you a teenager in anyway. i just classifying how people that are young are listening to these albums also not even young. even if you was a teenager i'll still be happy because you are listening to his early albums.

you probably misunderstood my post. it okay. some people do sometimes.

Is Patrick another Brad?
??????????
58636391e607d2ecb17d898c4abe9350.gif

Umm..... i wasn't calling you a teenager in anyway. i just classifying how people that are young are listening to these albums also not even young. even if you was a teenager i'll still be happy because you are listening to his early albums.

you probably misunderstood my post. it okay. some people do sometimes.

All good, sorry :)

Great to see Leaving Neverland spawned a new generation of fans!

And old gen fans too. there are some fans that were fans or came back to the fandom. i give it a good thing. but it's also sad it took something bad like LN to do this. it would of been great if was something good but it was something bad. either way it nice we have new and old gen of fans coming and coming back to the fandom.

Back