Working or Workin'

MJRemixed

Proud Member
Sorry but this really gets on my nerves.

On earlier releases of OTW, it reads Working Day and Night.
But on the Special Edition of 2001 it reads "Workin' Day and Night"

Which is the actual correct title of the song? I can't believe while MJ was living basic errors in song titles were made and no one spotted them. (track time errors I can understand getting wrong, but..c'mon).

Trust me...its "workin" like wanna be "startin" something. NOT wanna be starting something

Heartbreak Hotel

I've never understood the "This Place Hotel" thing. It wasn't titled that until the Triumph album was reissued on CD years after the album had came out. Lots of songs have the same title, so the reason as not wanting to confuse it with Elvis doesn't make any sense. There's a Heartbreak Hotel by Whitney Houston, Faith Evans, & Kelly Price. It's different from both the Elvis Presley & Jacksons songs.

I agree with wonderouzmj. i'm thinking it's Workin' because Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' is also spell without the g. so yeah.

Re: Heartbreak Hotel

I've never understood the "This Place Hotel" thing. It wasn't titled that until the Triumph album was reissued on CD years after the album had came out. Lots of songs have the same title, so the reason as not wanting to confuse it with Elvis doesn't make any sense. There's a Heartbreak Hotel by Whitney Houston, Faith Evans, & Kelly Price. It's different from both the Elvis Presley & Jacksons songs.

And "This Place Hotel" doesn't even make sense.

in my opinion they should of kept it Heartbreak Hotel. it made more sense and it was totally different from Elvis i don't know. i guess they didn't want them to get mix up. *shrugs*

Re: Heartbreak Hotel

And "This Place Hotel" doesn't even make sense.

To me the song will always be Heartbreak Hotel. And, while I can't blame them, I always cringe whenever I see fans call it This Place Hotel.

Oh yeah, my vinyl of Triumph and Live lists Heartbreak, but my CDs of both those albums list This Place. Never noticed that.

There's lots of different songs that share the same title. I don't understand why Michael had to change the name of his song

Oh yeah, my vinyl of Triumph and Live lists Heartbreak, but my CDs of both those albums list This Place. Never noticed that.
I have a videotape called The Legend Continues and it has This Place Hotel on the box. I also have the 2008 remaster CD of Triumph with the extra tracks. It says This Place Hotel (a/k/a Heartbreak Hotel). The Essential Jacksons CD has This Place Hotel.
i guess they didn't want them to get mix up.
Well they should rename the songs on Victory because there's previous songs with the same names as just about every song on it. :laughing: The Jackson 5 themselves have a One More Chance. I guess they like this title because Janet remade the Victory one and Mike has a solo One More Chance. On a related note, Janet replied with Don't Stand Another Chance. :lmao:

Maybe it was just a typo by someone doing the CD design and then it stuck. :D

The song was also released as a single around the world with the title "Heartbreak Hotel".

Well, apart from Mexico, where it was called "Hotel Sentimental"....
uglysmile.gif

R-13088103-1548122057-1873-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it was just a typo by someone doing the CD design and then it stuck. :D

The song was also released as a single around the world with the title "Heartbreak Hotel".

Well, apart from Mexico, where it was called "Hotel Sentimental"....
uglysmile.gif

I don't know why but in some Spanish-speaking countries, especially in South America, they always translate the titles

I don't know why but in some Spanish-speaking countries, especially in South America, they always translate the titles

Yes, at least in the 80s.
I had a few Mexican single CDs from the HIStory album, but no translated titles on these anymore.

Looking back at the liner notes of Triumph and Destiny...can I just check something, did Quincy write all these songs too? *haha*

Title errors:
On de KING OF POP releases in 2008:

Dutch Edition has: Ghost
Portugal Edition has: Billy Jean

Back