The Most Spin Rotations

4 times spin in Monza only. 5 times spin in Copenhagen 92

If there is no video evidence it would be quite impossible to claim the numbers of spin. I doubt anyone who saw MJ live in 1992 can count during the concert how many spins he made. :) :rofl:

Joke aside I would also say maybe Monza or Copenhagen MITM. - that is actually the footage used in the Bucharest concert isn't it?

I have no clue about that but I can tell you it's his most impressive skill. It's also his one move that I've never seen an impersonator copy in the correct way. In fact I never seen anyone doing better spins than MJ. My favorite ones comes from the J5 days, he did it so often then, often multiple times during just one song, they looked so smooth and effortless, everything in total control.

I have no clue about that but I can tell you it's his most impressive skill. It's also his one move that I've never seen an impersonator copy in the correct way. In fact I never seen anyone doing better spins than MJ. My favorite ones comes from the J5 days, he did it so often then, often multiple times during just one song, they looked so smooth and effortless, everything in total control.
I resent that https://youtu.be/UWi6JhC0QLw

I love it when Michael spins and falls on his knees like he used to do during Man In The Mirror performances. My fav spin would be from the Oslo 92 concert. That was pure magic.

Michael's spins are my fav dance move of his. They are so aesthetically pleasing. He made them look so smooth and effortless.

the first one that comes to mind for me is from the james brown concert in '83 :) it made up the majority of the dance :O the whole thing was so fast that I didn't even notice that he took off, and put back on his glasses before and after.

another notable one is from Motown 25 during 'the love you save'. it was like his feet merged into one spinning top. he immediately continued singing without sounding out of breath. of course, the one during 'billie jean' after the first moonwalk. this is the first time that I could see that his arms were folded as he did it.

I was recently surprised by the one during the performance of 'don't stop til you get enough' at a nightclub. normally I can see them coming. this one looked completely spontaneous.

I think he really refined it in the mid to late '70s. what's more impressive is that he did it with a long cord microphone, and didn't get tangled up. mike douglas wanted to know if Michael had wheels under his shoes, ha. that's how effective he was in creating illusions through dance :)

it's definitely my favourite move :)

Not the spin record, but I’m most impressed by the spins in The Wiz, because he somehow achieved them in those huge shoes. I would love to see him practice with those. :laughing:

The multiple spins, by far the most spectacular MJ move imo. He was definitely at his best in these from around 76 to 84. He performed multiple spins afterwards as well but never with the same ease and the aesthetic beauty of his peak period. His early spinning is fast as hell and he does them so effortlessly 3 or 4 spins no problem beautiful on the eye. Another great spin he did was during the performance of can you feel it in the triumph tour. Or during thriller especially in the rehearsal video that surfaced.
Later on his spinning got slower and sometimes he even slightly lost balance near the end of his spins. He usually performed just a single spin during the HIStory tour.

I've never seen anyone spinning like MJ, MJ's technique is unique in its set up and execution and by far the most spectacular variant.

the first one that comes to mind for me is from the james brown concert in '83 :) it made up the majority of the dance :O the whole thing was so fast that I didn't even notice that he took off, and put back on his glasses before and after.

another notable one is from Motown 25 during 'the love you save'. it was like his feet merged into one spinning top. he immediately continued singing without sounding out of breath. of course, the one during 'billie jean' after the first moonwalk. this is the first time that I could see that his arms were folded as he did it.

I was recently surprised by the one during the performance of 'don't stop til you get enough' at a nightclub. normally I can see them coming. this one looked completely spontaneous.

I think he really refined it in the mid to late '70s. what's more impressive is that he did it with a long cord microphone, and didn't get tangled up. mike douglas wanted to know if Michael had wheels under his shoes, ha. that's how effective he was in creating illusions through dance :)

it's definitely my favourite move :)

Those are all great but far from the most spin rotations he had ever done :)

I think the one at the james brown concert is a strong contender. definitely the fastest at least. didn't even need to 'rev up'. just jumped right into it..

Fun fact: Anyone ever notice on speed demon spins its him just standing in one spot posing & even a claymation version of him comes up which might have been scrapped at some point.

I think the one at the james brown concert is a strong contender. definitely the fastest at least. didn't even need to 'rev up'. just jumped right into it..

That moment of MJ on stage is so ridiculously epic. The glasses, holding the mic belting out some awesome vocals, the band speeding up play when MJ signals them to do so and then the perfect dance moves. Unrehearsed magical moments. I'm probably going to complain now but this is the type of concert I wanted Michael to do instead of the overly rehearsed ones. He had it in him to improvise like James Brown
He was a master at this check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVAWD0FF3cY

This also happens to be a song the J5 played live in their early years, Michael mimicking the moves James Brown did in this video.

Themidwestcowboy;4290699 said:
The first that comes to mind is the second spin in Man In The Mirror from Monza in 1992. Truly incredible.

Dudex;4290705 said:
4 times spin in Monza only. 5 times spin in Copenhagen 92

Hess;4290706 said:
Joke aside I would also say maybe Monza or Copenhagen MITM. - that is actually the footage used in the Bucharest concert isn't it?

Michael Jackson did more spin rotations than that.

He actually did his most spin rotations during the ‘Man In The Mirror’ performance in the 1988 Grammy Awards (7 times spin or so).

But in the history of dance generally, there have been dancers who have even surpassed the 10 times spin rotations.

Like, Mikhail Baryshnikov’s 11 times spin rotations from the American ‘White Nights’ film (1985):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOJ0G1psUA

Nice spin but the set up is completely diffierent. I haven’t seen anyone starting to spin like MJ

mj_frenzy;4300379 said:
Michael Jackson did more spin rotations than that.

He actually did his most spin rotations during the ‘Man In The Mirror’ performance in the 1988 Grammy Awards (7 times spin or so).

But in the history of dance generally, there have been dancers who have even surpassed the 10 times spin rotations.

Like, Mikhail Baryshnikov’s 11 times spin rotations from the American ‘White Nights’ film (1985):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOJ0G1psUA

He did three whole spin rotations on the Grammy awards not 7 and that’s lesser than Copenhagen and Monza. Also the pirouette is a completely different technique that allows one to spin for a far longer period of time using only one foot. Michaels background dancers during the bad tour did this pirouette spin and you can see it on songs such as hearbreak hotel.

What were the most spins he did at the HIStory tour?

Also, do you think that Mike would have been able to do multiple spins in 'This is it'? Man in the mirror' almost commands those spins! I have
always wondered if he ever span and fell to his knees in the performance of this song in 2001?

(Cough Cough....eh mm) I can spin just like my idol. I keep telling yall to subscribe to my channel but trolls like to dislike everyone of my videos the moment I post it in this forum. Anyway...
Here is my man in the mirror live spin
95b5e504b5491fe1424ef7bb1c130247.gif

(Cough Cough....eh mm) I can spin just like my idol. I keep telling yall to subscribe to my channel but trolls like to dislike everyone of my videos the moment I post it in this forum. Anyway...
Here is my man in the mirror live spin
95b5e504b5491fe1424ef7bb1c130247.gif

Looking good, looking good! But what channel are you talking about?

I've watched a couple of videos you are very good. Do you get booked for shows or how does it work? You put a lot of effort in the moves, must have taken hours and hours to be at this level.

Last edited:
I've watched a couple of videos you are very good. Do you get booked for shows or how does it work? You put a lot of effort in the moves, must have taken hours and hours to be at this level.
Yeah I actually have a show coming on the 16th. Im 29 & ive been doing this since birth so its all natural. My muscles are trained to his music. I've studied him & how things work with the dance. Believe me. That 5spin is very hard to do. Its more of a energy thing. When you feel the audience, magic happens.

Yeah I actually have a show coming on the 16th. Im 29 & ive been doing this since birth so its all natural. My muscles are trained to his music. I've studied him & how things work with the dance. Believe me. That 5spin is very hard to do. Its more of a energy thing. When you feel the audience, magic happens.

Do you also make your own mixes? I like that you don't just copy paste stuff. I was watching a 15 min show and I really had no clue what song would be next.
It's amazing how many impersonators there are. I remember when he died there was a show on tv to find "the next MJ" you could have been part of the bunch and they were all really good

Do you also make your own mixes? I like that you don't just copy paste stuff. I was watching a 15 min show and I really had no clue what song would be next.
It's amazing how many impersonators there are. I remember when he died there was a show on tv to find "the next MJ" you could have been part of the bunch and they were all really good
yeah I do my own mixes & Ohhh man if you stay tuned...i just did a 15min new mix yesterday for the newest show i have coming & i spent 16hrs straight in the studio. This 1 will be so lit! I cant wait to share with you all! We've completely turned this thread. Pm me lol

Back