Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have something i need to get off my chest with fans trying to make everything about Michael.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,221
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default I have something i need to get off my chest with fans trying to make everything about Michael.

Ok, i am sure we are all aware at this stage what happened to George Floyd in America. We all know Michael was somewhat rather out-spoken about how black people are treated and targetted by cops, especially in America. However, what i have a huge gripe with is when fans try to make it about Michael. I don't think it's a good look. The same thing happened when Kobe Bryant died earlier this year I don't understand this need to constantly drag Michael into these things and try and make it about him. Michael would probably be outraged at what happened to George Floyd if he was still with us, but to constantly try and make these horrible murders about Michael just doesn't sit well with me. Rant over

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: I have something i need to get off my chest with fans trying to make everything about Michael.

I guess it depends what it is you're referring to that you've seen.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,221
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: I have something i need to get off my chest with fans trying to make everything about Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I guess it depends what it is you're referring to that you've seen.
    Just fans on twitter.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 650 Posts

I have seen fans of other artists do that as well. They always try to bring their favourite into every discussion. It's not exclusive to just Michael Jackson fans.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,270 Posts

TDCAU has been popular with the Black Lives Matter movement for a long time now, so it’s just natural that people post the video in the context of recent events. It’s not really meant to be about MJ when they do that. Music can be great emotional support.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    I have seen fans of other artists do that as well. They always try to bring their favourite into every discussion. It's not exclusive to just Michael Jackson fans.
    Exactly. Prince fans did the same thing with Kobe. They did it with Little Richard, also. Some people need to stop acting as if everything that is done is exclusive to Michael. Other artists’ fans bring their favorites into the discussions, also.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    Ok, i am sure we are all aware at this stage what happened to George Floyd in America. We all know Michael was somewhat rather out-spoken about how black people are treated and targetted by cops, especially in America. However, what i have a huge gripe with is when fans try to make it about Michael. I don't think it's a good look. The same thing happened when Kobe Bryant died earlier this year I don't understand this need to constantly drag Michael into these things and try and make it about him. Michael would probably be outraged at what happened to George Floyd if he was still with us, but to constantly try and make these horrible murders about Michael just doesn't sit well with me. Rant over
    I’m onTwitter a lot and fans are not making these murders about Michael. They are relating his music, his beliefs and his conscience to what is happening. Michael’s music does that. FTR, Prince fans do the same thing. They tried to relate him to Kobe and Little Richard’s deaths. They were scrambling trying to find a connection, photos of these men with Prince. They are also try to relate his music to anything that is happening in the news.Stop acting as if this only happens with Michael. Michael fans are just more vocal on Twitter. It doesn’t mean that other artists’ fans aren’t doing the same thing on other platforms. Rant over!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

MJ also didn’t create his songs only for people to listen to them on their home stereos while ironing their shirts. Songs like TDCAU are meant to be out in the streets. That’s why he got in trouble with the censorship brigade all the time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    The uncut, prison music video of ‘They Don't Care About Us’ shows snippets of such police brutality that are very similar to that of the George Floyd’s murder by police officers.

So, there is nothing strange about the fact that many of Michael Jackson’s fans on Twitter try to make the George Floyd’s murder about Michael Jackson.

Also, Madonna played a role in that.

Madonna posted (on her Twitter account) a video of her black son David Banda dancing to Michael Jackson's ‘They Don't Care About Us’ song, a song that condemns police brutality especially towards black American people.

She even created and posted hash tags with Michael Jackson’s name in relation to that murder.

So, her Twitter move also gave rise to many Michael Jackson’s fans on Twitter to make George Floyd’s murder about Michael Jackson.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    The uncut, prison music video of ‘They Don't Care About Us’ shows snippets of such police brutality that are very similar to that of the George Floyd’s murder by police officers.

So, there is nothing strange about the fact that many of Michael Jackson’s fans on Twitter try to make the George Floyd’s murder about Michael Jackson.

Also, Madonna played a role in that.

Madonna posted (on her Twitter account) a video of her black son David Banda dancing to Michael Jackson's ‘They Don't Care About Us’ song, a song that condemns police brutality especially towards black American people.

She even created and posted hash tags with Michael Jackson’s name in relation to that murder.

So, her Twitter move also gave rise to many Michael Jackson’s fans on Twitter to make George Floyd’s murder about Michael Jackson.
    She's also getting serious abuse for it. Plus, the usual "child molester" crap to go along with it.

Twitter has more toxic waste than a nuclear power plant. It is a creation that exposed just how awful and stupid humanity is

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MOR316 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 852 Posts

While I agree some fans do make everything about Michael sometimes. what happen a few days ago with George Floyd does help with Michael music. Michael was known for healing the world, racism, injustice, etc. that was apart of his messages. what happen to George Floyd was murder and an act of racism I hope he and his family get justice.

this guy didn't do anything and he was killed for no reason what so ever. #justiceforgeorgefloyd
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 29-05-2020 at 11:01 AM.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 852 Posts

Michael got trouble for TDCAU because what he said offended his Jewish fans. not because it had to do with injustice, racism, etc.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

For me it's not about hijacking a situation to promote an artist...but one cannot isolate these circumstances either. They have a context.

Michael Jackson is part of that context.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Michael got trouble for TDCAU because what he said offended his Jewish fans. not because it had to do with injustice, racism, etc.
    The Prison version of the film was practically banned from US TV in favor of the (from a US American point of view) less explicit Brazil version.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    The Prison version of the film was practically banned from US TV in favor of the (from a US American point of view) less explicit Brazil version.
    I don't think it was actively banned in the UK, I remember it being shown late night on VH1 on only one occasion that I know of. The Brazil version was the go to version here.