Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

Rocketeer

Proud Member
Sorry if I’m the 198649173th person asking, but I am just curious.

How did the Dangerous Tour rehearsals from 1992 find its way on the net? Now I know tape 4 (Bad-Man Jn The Mirror + Thriller) was leaked in 2015 as a 640x480p m4v file, but what about tapes 2 (Working Day And Night-Man In The Mirror) and 3 (Jam-The Way You Make Me Feel)? Was there some sort of crowdfunding to get the footage? Or did it just leak suddenly? It was definitely not some official release. The question has always crossed my mind whenever I watch these amazing rehearsals.

Last edited:
^ Forgot about that thread, but even so, the questions stands :)

In all likelihood, it leaked the same way multitracks or certain songs leak: the tapes fell into the right hands.

And Michael's vocals on the later leak and the rarity of those songs "live" meant this was quite a prize.

If I recall correctly it was an Italian Fan board, (the same fan board who had
Brunei in their possession), who first shared Jam - TWYMMF.

I wish whoever is in possession of tape#1's master copy does share a proper rip someday

If I recall correctly it was an Italian Fan board, (the same fan board who had
Brunei in their possession), who first shared Jam - TWYMMF.
Was it leaked in 2001 or 2002?

Is there a version with true stereo audio out there?

I wish whoever is in possession of tape#1's master copy does share a proper rip someday

Was it leaked in 2001 or 2002?

I don't remember the specific year but it may very well be 2001 or 2002. This tape has been available as long as i can remember haha. They had the rest of the rehearsal but stopped uploading songs after TWYMMF for some reason.

I don't remember the specific year but it may very well be 2001 or 2002. This tape has been available as long as i can remember haha. They had the rest of the rehearsal but stopped uploading songs after TWYMMF for some reason.

They have the rest of the tape?? - do we know which songs he rehearsed? Heal the World, Man in the Mirror or BAD??

Wow I hope the rest of the tape leaks.

Hess;4292421 said:
They have the rest of the tape?? - do we know which songs he rehearsed? Heal the World, Man in the Mirror or BAD??

Pretty sure that the rest of the tape is ‘tape 2’ which leaked in 2016 (Bad, Black Or White, Heal The World and Man In The Mirror).

dethorro;4292424 said:
Pretty sure that the rest of the tape is ‘tape 2’ which leaked in 2016 (Bad, Black Or White, Heal The World and Man In The Mirror).
Ohh, interesting to know.

Also, according to Mello, this apparently isn’t tape 2, but tape 4 (Jam-Twymmf is tape 3, and WDAN-MITM is tape 2, tape 1 is missing)

Rocketeer;4292431 said:
Ohh, interesting to know.

Also, according to Mello, this apparently isn’t tape 2, but tape 4 (Jam-Twymmf is tape 3, and WDAN-MITM is tape 2, tape 1 is missing)
Who’s Mello?

It's pretty much what dethorro wrote. The "tapes" as entitled by the fan community as tape#1, tape#2, etc. are actually custom made x gen copies (some of them obviously edited while being tranfered from an earlier gen vhs copy). The original first gen tapes may have even stored the full green shirt rehearsals on Idk just 3 tapes or even 5 or 6 tapes.

Back then when the first rehearsal videos leaked online, it was said the entire set of tapes capture a single days rehearsing
  • MJ rehearsing Jam to MITM - first run (entirely leaked)
  • dinner break / technical crew re-running several performances w/o MJ & Band (partially leaked)
  • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM - second run (WDAN to MITM leaked)

It's pretty much what dethorro wrote. The "tapes" as entitled by the fan community as tape#1, tape#2, etc. are actually custom made x gen copies (some of them obviously edited while being tranfered from an earlier gen vhs copy). The original first gen tapes may have even stored the full green shirt rehearsals on Idk just 3 tapes or even 5 or 6 tapes.

Back then when the first rehearsal videos leaked online, it was said the entire set of tapes capture a single days rehearsing
  • dinner break / technical crew re-running several performances w/o MJ & Band (partially leaked)
  • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM - second run (WDAN to MITM leaked)

Yup. and the:
  • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM

it's the missing "tape" not leaked yet, i should have the jam screenshot from that rehearsal not leaked yet somewhere.

Fuzball;4292438 said:

Correct. The second run has shirt open all time. JAM from 2nd run is circulating among italian fans but it has not leaked yet.
Rehearsals are from May 1992. I've read on MJJMagazine they were set at the old Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino (California), where, later, MJ filmed Stranger in Moscow video.
For years people said on forums they were set at Neverland! :rofl:

Plus we have:

- 15th August 1993 ORANGE SHIRT Rehearsals (Partially Leaked)
Dangerous
Dangerous #2nd take
Dangerous #3rd take
Jam
Black or White
Black or White #2nd take
The Way You Make Me Feel
Heal The World
Dangerous #4th take

- 16th August 1993 FULL DRESS Rehearsals (Partially Leaked)
Setlist:
Workin’ Day and Night
Beat It
Will You Be There
Dangerous (white jacket)
The Way You Make Me Feel (MJ sitting on stage and then crying after news about allegations..)
Only band & dance crew:
Bad
Black or White
We Are The World Interlude
Heal The World

Any idea who was the source of leak? maybe Lounis?

Reactions: MJ5
I would love to see this dress rehearsal, from June 19th 1992:

608db4d41bf37246c01d36a6b86d4651--michael-jackson-images-davy-jones.jpg

Those rehearsals really show how good his live vocals still were. Hard to believe that's the only live version of RTT. It should never of been cut.
There's a high chance in the future to see a 2nd performance from the missing rehearsals tape but maybe it will take years.

There's a high chance in the future to see a 2nd performance from the missing rehearsals tape but maybe it will take years.
Waht are the chances for a leak of propperly ripped footage of the already leaked first run?

Back