Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

   
  1. #1
    Points: 5,030, Level: 45
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rocketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    578
    Points
    5,030
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 548 Times in 232 Posts

    Default Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Sorry if I’m the 198649173th person asking, but I am just curious.

    How did the Dangerous Tour rehearsals from 1992 find its way on the net? Now I know tape 4 (Bad-Man Jn The Mirror + Thriller) was leaked in 2015 as a 640x480p m4v file, but what about tapes 2 (Working Day And Night-Man In The Mirror) and 3 (Jam-The Way You Make Me Feel)? Was there some sort of crowdfunding to get the footage? Or did it just leak suddenly? It was definitely not some official release. The question has always crossed my mind whenever I watch these amazing rehearsals.
    Last edited by Rocketeer; 01-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Points: 17,279, Level: 83
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,307
    Points
    17,279
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    2,165
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 780 Posts



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  3. #3
    Points: 5,030, Level: 45
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rocketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    578
    Points
    5,030
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 548 Times in 232 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    ^ Forgot about that thread, but even so, the questions stands

  4. #4
    Points: 21,192, Level: 91
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,189
    Points
    21,192
    Level
    91
    Thanks
    2,108
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,726 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    In all likelihood, it leaked the same way multitracks or certain songs leak: the tapes fell into the right hands.

  5. #5
    Points: 9,918, Level: 66
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,216
    Points
    9,918
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 915 Times in 455 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    And Michael's vocals on the later leak and the rarity of those songs "live" meant this was quite a prize.

  6. #6
    Points: 33,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Sverige)
    Posts
    5,265
    Points
    33,006
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6,405
    Thanked 4,995 Times in 2,047 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    If I recall correctly it was an Italian Fan board, (the same fan board who had
    Brunei in their possession), who first shared Jam - TWYMMF.

  7. #7
    Points: 5,162, Level: 46
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Fuzball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    587
    Points
    5,162
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 558 Times in 246 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    I wish whoever is in possession of tape#1's master copy does share a proper rip someday


    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    If I recall correctly it was an Italian Fan board, (the same fan board who had
    Brunei in their possession), who first shared Jam - TWYMMF.
    Was it leaked in 2001 or 2002?

  8. #8
    Points: 16,674, Level: 82
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,866
    Points
    16,674
    Level
    82
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    528
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 815 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Is there a version with true stereo audio out there?

  9. #9
    Points: 33,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Sverige)
    Posts
    5,265
    Points
    33,006
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6,405
    Thanked 4,995 Times in 2,047 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    I wish whoever is in possession of tape#1's master copy does share a proper rip someday


    Was it leaked in 2001 or 2002?
    I don't remember the specific year but it may very well be 2001 or 2002. This tape has been available as long as i can remember haha. They had the rest of the rehearsal but stopped uploading songs after TWYMMF for some reason.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    Points: 43,670, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,713
    Points
    43,670
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,487
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,597 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I don't remember the specific year but it may very well be 2001 or 2002. This tape has been available as long as i can remember haha. They had the rest of the rehearsal but stopped uploading songs after TWYMMF for some reason.
    They have the rest of the tape?? - do we know which songs he rehearsed? Heal the World, Man in the Mirror or BAD??

    Wow I hope the rest of the tape leaks.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  12. #11
    Points: 3,658, Level: 38
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    455
    Points
    3,658
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 541 Times in 230 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    They have the rest of the tape?? - do we know which songs he rehearsed? Heal the World, Man in the Mirror or BAD??

    Wow I hope the rest of the tape leaks.
    Pretty sure that the rest of the tape is ‘tape 2’ which leaked in 2016 (Bad, Black Or White, Heal The World and Man In The Mirror).

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Points: 5,030, Level: 45
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rocketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    578
    Points
    5,030
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 548 Times in 232 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Pretty sure that the rest of the tape is ‘tape 2’ which leaked in 2016 (Bad, Black Or White, Heal The World and Man In The Mirror).
    Ohh, interesting to know.

    Also, according to Mello, this apparently isn’t tape 2, but tape 4 (Jam-Twymmf is tape 3, and WDAN-MITM is tape 2, tape 1 is missing)

  15. #13
    Points: 165, Level: 3
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    34
    Points
    165
    Level
    3
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Ohh, interesting to know.

    Also, according to Mello, this apparently isn’t tape 2, but tape 4 (Jam-Twymmf is tape 3, and WDAN-MITM is tape 2, tape 1 is missing)
    Who’s Mello?

  16. #14
    Points: 5,162, Level: 46
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Fuzball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    587
    Points
    5,162
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 558 Times in 246 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    They have the rest of the tape?? - do we know which songs he rehearsed? Heal the World, Man in the Mirror or BAD??

    Wow I hope the rest of the tape leaks.
    It's pretty much what dethorro wrote. The "tapes" as entitled by the fan community as tape#1, tape#2, etc. are actually custom made x gen copies (some of them obviously edited while being tranfered from an earlier gen vhs copy). The original first gen tapes may have even stored the full green shirt rehearsals on Idk just 3 tapes or even 5 or 6 tapes.

    Back then when the first rehearsal videos leaked online, it was said the entire set of tapes capture a single days rehearsing
    • MJ rehearsing Jam to MITM - first run (entirely leaked)
    • dinner break / technical crew re-running several performances w/o MJ & Band (partially leaked)
    • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM - second run (WDAN to MITM leaked)

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzball For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Points: 3,893, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Stefano MJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    632
    Points
    3,893
    Level
    39
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 782 Times in 245 Posts

    Default Re: Dangerous Tour Rehearsals

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    It's pretty much what dethorro wrote. The "tapes" as entitled by the fan community as tape#1, tape#2, etc. are actually custom made x gen copies (some of them obviously edited while being tranfered from an earlier gen vhs copy). The original first gen tapes may have even stored the full green shirt rehearsals on Idk just 3 tapes or even 5 or 6 tapes.

    Back then when the first rehearsal videos leaked online, it was said the entire set of tapes capture a single days rehearsing
    • MJ rehearsing Jam to MITM - first run (entirely leaked)
    • dinner break / technical crew re-running several performances w/o MJ & Band (partially leaked)
    • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM - second run (WDAN to MITM leaked)
    Yup. and the:
    • MJ [with a full tummy and therefore less energy] rehearsing Jam to MITM
    it's the missing "tape" not leaked yet, i should have the jam screenshot from that rehearsal not leaked yet somewhere.
    "Make That Change"
    https://bit.ly/StefanMJS

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •