Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

They Don’t Care About Us (2020)

I know the new short film has its own thread, but I think it also belongs here.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,170 Posts

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

"They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has gained an estimated 100 million views on YouTube in 2020 alone.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Its a very fitting song with what's happening today. It's also one of my favorite songs, along with Stranger in Moscow.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    My question, should the the Estate consider re-releasing the song
    To be honest, this doesn't matter anymore. Physical is dead, there is no such thing as "releasing a single". People can just download the song. And since it's currently available, you already have what you want.

Besides, they did a terrible job the last time they re-released TDCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    What I want to accomplish is having MJs music being at focus again after the Leaving neverland nonsense. And to be able to that you need to normalize people discussing and listening to MJ again for that purpose this sad events could play into our hands as many people are now listening to They Dont Care About Us and do not give a darn about any allegations. And thats what we need, as soon as it becomes not stigmatized to listen to MJ, we have won a round.
    I think people would just say Sony was jumping on the bandwagon. Having an "I Can't Breathe Remix" would just turn people against MJ.

Not every cultural event has to have an MJ soundtrack. These sorts of movements work better when they happen organically, instead of somebody dictating what they should listen to.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

like r1chard said, they could by just putting it on an app. most people use that now. the only people who use physical copies are collectors now.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

while i agree not every cultural event has to have an MJ song. i'm not against it. some of Michael music was made for it. he even said it himself. that was the point of some of his music. to spread peace and injustice. it was always like that.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 29-12-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

"They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has now surpassed 6 million likes on YouTube. It's Michael most liked short film on YouTube (224th overall).