Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 767 Posts

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

In my opinion like i said in another thread. i think it would be okay for a rerelease during what going on right now. some may feel it's for it to get on the charts. for me I find it a great song due to what's going on right now.

they should like rerelease heal the world, TDCAU, earth song, and we are the world because those are is the major songs that been playing all this year and the year isn't even over yet.

so i don't see as getting viewers and listeners. i see it as appreciating.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

In my opinion they don't need to make a video for tdcau. people already doing it. but as for the heal the world video people was making heal the world videos before the estate did. so I don't know. maybe they could.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    As someone who uses music as therapy for everything in life myself, I just think it’s great to see that people find something to turn to in TDCAU to help them deal with their pain and anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I've noticed this. One of my friends, who is a VERY casual Michael Jackson fan, shared a clip of "They Don't Care About Us" on his Facebook today. I was talking to him about it and he said, "I've never heard it before. It's f**king insane. I love it."

The song is finally getting the recognition it deserves. It is by far the best protest song I've ever heard.

I feel a bit... uncomfortable expressing excitement over this given the circumstances, but if this is the song people choose to play to express themselves, so be it.
    I think that's the best explanation of the ambivalent feelings of many of us now, thanks for expressing it! No one can seriously think that people aren't concerned about the circumstances, but it doesn't exclude to notice what's going around with the song right now. I don't think we should pretend like we aren't moved by it, just to "act appropriate". And again, I didn't hear similar concerns with Earth Song/Heal The World, everybody seemed to understand that people are turning to the music in order to seek comfort and express their feelings.

And I agree with ScreenOrigami with the above: people need to release their pain and frustration with the tools that we have, including art and creativity. Music in particular is very effective with that, not to mention accessible for almost everyone. Yes, it doesn't solve the issues, yes, the relief achieved by it is temporary, but we still need it to be able to function.

And one more thing: many people here aren't native English speakers, so their wording may sound awkward or even badly worded sometimes (including mine ), but the main message can be usually deciphered, and that's what we should focus on IMO (having said that, I'm happy to receive corrections if needed ).

And yes, there are comments here mentioning charts, and I agree there shouldn't be, but it may be forgiven that people got carried away a bit. I'm sure their focus is in the right direction in general.
    Last edited by ozemouze; 03-06-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    In my opinion like i said in another thread. i think it would be okay for a rerelease during what going on right now. some may feel it's for it to get on the charts. for me I find it a great song due to what's going on right now.

they should like rerelease heal the world, TDCAU, earth song, and we are the world because those are is the major songs that been playing all this year and the year isn't even over yet.

so i don't see as getting viewers and listeners. i see it as appreciating.
    Also in the past these songs was singles and they had remixes to go with them. so yeah. if they could of done it in the past I don't see the problem to rerelease those singles. you can find them all on ebay. they would have to update some of the remixes but other then that i don't see nothing wrong to rerelease those singles right now. it's a perfect time in my opinion.

Michael was known for these message songs and they still make alot sense today.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,715 Times in 1,593 Posts

TDCAU is simply perfect. - Very sad things have not turned better in the 25 years that has passed since it's release.

In a perfect world the song should/would not be relevant anymore - but sadly, it's as relevant as ever.

Not sure happy/exited is the right words, but I can't find another word that fits - so I'm "happy" people use TDCAU as an anthem song.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Rules View Post
    I find extremely sad that Michael's music needs all of this events to be recognized and appreciated by the mass
    Michael's songs reflect real life. He understood the real problems in the World and wanted to make a change.

He himself was a victim of police brutality and racism.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krshna28 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,151 Posts

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,715 Times in 1,593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    This is great!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    This is great!
    Yeah, I like it. It puts the focus on the actual movement.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

At 4:41 of the Prison Version, does Michael communicate "FU*K YOU" in sign language?

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    At 4:41 of the Prison Version, does Michael communicate "FU*K YOU" in sign language?
    lol! no. from what I heard, i don't know if this true or not, but he saying they don't care about us in sign language i think. if not then it's totally something else. i wish Michael did more things like that in his short films for his fans with disabilities.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

8 songs that provide context to police violence protests

As protests against police violence toward the black community continue in Athens and around the country, there is a growing call for people to become more educated on these issues. The Red & Black has compiled a list of songs that contextualize the history and sentiments behind these demonstrations.

This Is America by Childish Gambino (2018)

Summed up: “This Is America” is a direct commentary on violence against black people in America. In his lyrics, Childish Gambino references police violence towards Stephon Clark who was shot eight times after police assumed the cell phone in his hand was a weapon in March 2018.

Notable lyric: “This is America (skrrt, skrrt, woo)/Don’t catch you slippin’ now (ayy)/Look how I’m livin’ now/Police be trippin’ now (woo)”

Ascension by Gorillaz featuring Vince Staples (2017)

Summed up: “Ascension” talks about how the world is coming to an end by touching on police violence and how the world harshly discriminates against black Americans

Notable lyric: "I’m just playin’ baby this the land of the free/Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap/Where you can live your dreams long as you don’t look like me"

XXX. by Kendrick Lamar featuring U2 (2017)

Summed up: Song 11 on Kendrick Lamar’s Pulitzer Prize-winning album, “DAMN.,” dives into how structural racism affects black Americans.

Notable lyric: “You overnight the big rifles, then tell Fox to be scared of us/Gang members or terrorists, et cetera, et cetera/America’s reflection of me that’s what a mirror does”

Neighbors by J. Cole (2016)

Summed up: On March 18, 2016 J. Cole’s house he rented to use as a studio was raided by a SWAT team in North Carolina after neighbors complained about the house being used to sell drugs, according to Genius. No one was in the house at the time of the raid and no drugs were found, J. Cole’s producer Elite told Complex.

Notable lyric: “Can’t sleep ‘cause I’m paranoid/Black in a white man territory/Cops bust in with the army guns/No evidence of the harm we done”

They Don't Care About Us by Michael Jackson (1995)

Summed up: “They Don’t Care About Us” was written to bring awareness to racism and violence against oppressed groups.

Notable lyric: “I’m tired of being the victim of hate/You’re ripping me of my pride, oh, for God’s sake/I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy, set me free”

The Death of Emmett Till by Bob Dylan

Summed up: In this song, Dylan retells the story of 14-year-old Emmett Till who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955 after allegedly flirting with a white woman.

Notable lyric: “Some men they dragged him to a barn and there they beat him up/They said they had a reason, but I can’t remember what/They tortured him and did some evil things to evil to repeat/There was screaming sounds inside the barn, there was laughing sounds out on the street”

Police State by Dead Prez (2000)

Summed up: A police state is “characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police... in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures,” according to Merriam-Webster dictionary. In his song, Prez is calling attention to how black Americans live in a police state.

Notable lyric: “FBI spying on us through radio antennas/And them hidden cameras in the streetlight watching society/With no respect to people’s right to privacy”

White Privilege II by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Jamila Woods (2016)

Summed up: The almost nine-minute song dives deep into white privilege as Macklemore wonders whether he is doing too much or not enough in supporting the Black Lives Matter movement. He also discusses cultural appropriation of hip-hop by white artists and the intentions of white people behind their activism.

Notable lyric: “Some of us are scared, some of us defensive/And most of us aren’t even paying attention/It seems like we’re more concerned with being called racist/Than we actually are with racism”

https://www.redandblack.com/culture/...c067bbdb0.html

(Red & Black is a college newspaper in Georgia. This article was posted today.)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

I’m glad the song is becoming more and more popular so that more people will see that Michael was teying to raise awareness and make a change decades ago already. Sadly the song is still extremely relevant because nothing has changed. 😢 Please keep sharing the song but not ”to make MJ #1 on the charts” because this is not the tome to be concerned about charts, but to get the message across. I would really like people to discover ”We’ve Had Enough” because it is a beautiful but heartbreaking song that has always made me cry every time I listen to it. Especially right now the lyrics are SO RELEVANT that it breaks your heart.
    ”She innocently questioned why...why her father had to die..She asked the men in blue, how is it that you get to choose, who will live and who will die..did God say that you could decide?! You saw he didn’t run and that my daddy had no gun”...”There’s nothing that can’t be done if we raise our voices as one...They gotta hear it from me...They gotta hear it from you...They gotta hear it from us...we can’t take it..WE’VE ALREADY HAD ENOUGH!!!!”
    😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

https://youtu.be/clyJTAz7rb8

Please everyone keep fighting for justice to FINALLY end racism and end police brutality! Join the protests around the world, many cities around the world are organizing multiple protests in support of the American protesters to get justice for George Floyd and to stop the police from killing black people!!!

STOP RACISM!!!!!!! ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to summer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 616 Posts

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post: