Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

Note: I put this in a separate thread, as I think this is much too big to be lumped up in the history 25 thread.

Since the George Floyd killing I have observed social media closely and to no suprise They Dont Care About is getting extremely much traffic on youtube especially, and the comments are just raining in, and they are so incredible positive towards MJ

My question, should the the Estate consider re-releasing the song, especially at its the 25th anniversary for History. Or doing something special to promote it? Its such an important song, it could become Michaels most influential song of all time easily.

What I want to accomplish is having MJs music being at focus again after the Leaving neverland nonsense. And to be able to that you need to normalize people discussing and listening to MJ again for that purpose this sad events could play into our hands as many people are now listening to They Dont Care About Us and do not give a darn about any allegations. And thats what we need, as soon as it becomes not stigmatized to listen to MJ, we have won a round.

I saw the Scream/Childhood clothing released, I just think with thats going on They Dont Care About us deserves something more and especially with whats going on, there is a big oppurtunity.

Your thoughts on this topic? I assume you have noticed what I have noticed? They Dont Care About Us being everywhere on twitter etc.

I am doing a rally on twitter for this, please re-tweet if you like to support:

Some links:

---
    Please promoted They Dont Care About Us by sharing and listening to it and why no head into the comment sections as well :-)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lightbringer; 02-06-2020 at 07:35 PM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,047 Posts

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

Usher just posted TDCAU on his Instagram. Great to see that

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,169 Posts

Default Re: They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release

I’m not sure about a campaign. TDCAU seems to organically rise in popularity due to its relevance. A campaign might be perceived as an attempt to hijack the BLM movement. We have to be careful that we don’t look like a “MJ told you so” crowd.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I’m not sure about a campaign. TDCAU seems to organically rise in popularity due to its relevance. A campaign might be perceived as an attempt to hijack the BLM movement. We have to be careful that we don’t look like a “MJ told you so” crowd.
    I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time who fought all his life for these kind of causes? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved. If I were Floyds family I would just feel greatly thankful for it.

Btw, with campaign do you mean the MJ Estate re-releasing the song for "profit"?

It would be possible for The Estate to promote it without charging money for it, and I believe the positive effects would be great and worth any cash that goes down the drain. And of course the Estate makes money when people stream the song on YT and spotify etc.

Imagine if They Dont Care About Us became the "official" protest song like Thriller is with Halloween? The song surely deserves that kind of recognition, its underrated.
    Last edited by Lightbringer; 02-06-2020 at 07:46 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Brazil version has almost 700million views. It might overtake Billie Jean in a week or two.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krshna28 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Here’s another very powerful edit.

And another:

They keep coming in on YouTube.
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 02-06-2020 at 07:52 PM.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time to promote it? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved.

Btw, with campaign do you mean the MJ Estate re-releasing the song for "profit"?

The message of the song is too strong.

People are hurting and will immediately understand it's messages.

I think that merchandise will not be appropriate. But a new music video with clips of protests and police brutality (basically a official version of the fan-made ones) will be a better way to honour Michael and his message.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krshna28 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Rerelease the uncensored version. New video edit all proceeds donated to BLM. Man up estate MJ would.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smooth72 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time who fought all his life for these kind of causes? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved. If I were Floyds family I would just feel greatly thankful for it.

It would be possible for The Estate to promote it without charging money for it, and I believe the positive effects would be great and worth any cash that goes down the drain. And of course the Estate makes money when people stream the song on YT and spotify etc.

Imagine if They Dont Care About Us became the "official" protest song like Thriller is with Halloween? The song surely deserves that kind of recognition, its underrated.
    Huh, I was talking about the campaign to trend the hashtag #TheyDontCareAboutUs, but going back to your post I don’t even see you mention it. My bad, sorry.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krshna28 View Post
    But a new music video with clips of protests and police brutality (basically a official version of the fan-made ones) will be a better way to honour Michael and his message.
    Would love to see it, but I don’t think the Estate has the balls to do that.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I should say, leave the "hype" to the audience itself.
    All things which are happening now with the song spontanious.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djvernon For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djvernon View Post
    I should say, leave the "hype" to the audience itself.
    All things which are happening now with the song spontanious.
    Yep, it's very crucial to leave it rise organically, streaming and sharing the videos is the way to go (but without hashtags or organizing, it's not a time for a campaign). I still think a humble, supportive response from the Estate would be nice, but I don't think it's as important anymore.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 626 Posts

I suppose The Estate could release a new music video for They Don't Care About Us which shows police brutality against black and maybe other non-white people throughout the history. They did release Heal The World 2020 with clips showing the impact of Covid-19, so I don't see why they can't release a new music video for TDCAU.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    I suppose The Estate could release a new music video for They Don't Care About Us which shows police brutality against black and maybe other non-white people throughout the history. They did release Heal The World 2020 with clips showing the impact of Covid-19, so I don't see why they can't release a new music video for TDCAU.
    This is totally different situation . . .

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    They can’t even bring themselves to post the Prison version.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post: