They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

Lightbringer

Proud Member
Note: I put this in a separate thread, as I think this is much too big to be lumped up in the history 25 thread.

Since the George Floyd killing I have observed social media closely and to no suprise They Dont Care About is getting extremely much traffic on youtube especially, and the comments are just raining in, and they are so incredible positive towards MJ :love:

My question, should the the Estate consider re-releasing the song, especially at its the 25th anniversary for History. Or doing something special to promote it? Its such an important song, it could become Michaels most influential song of all time easily.

What I want to accomplish is having MJs music being at focus again after the Leaving neverland nonsense. And to be able to that you need to normalize people discussing and listening to MJ again for that purpose this sad events could play into our hands as many people are now listening to They Dont Care About Us and do not give a darn about any allegations. And thats what we need, as soon as it becomes not stigmatized to listen to MJ, we have won a round.

I saw the Scream/Childhood clothing released, I just think with thats going on They Dont Care About us deserves something more and especially with whats going on, there is a big oppurtunity.

Your thoughts on this topic? I assume you have noticed what I have noticed? They Dont Care About Us being everywhere on twitter etc.

I am doing a rally on twitter for this, please re-tweet if you like to support:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is there not a campaign by MJ fans to make They Dont Care About Us number 1 on the chart? If you check the prison &amp; brazil version on YT, they are EXPLODING with views and positive comments, its AMAZING to see! The Estate should have already re-released the song! <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tajjackson3</a> <a href="https://t.co/gGiAhnuCPs">pic.twitter.com/gGiAhnuCPs</a></p>&mdash; Leif Bjorling (@zlekovsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/zlekovsky/status/1267573790671765505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some links:

[video=youtube;XriRrhH4W0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XriRrhH4W0E[/video]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Jackson - They don&#8217;t care about us <a href="https://t.co/paDmURYh0q">pic.twitter.com/paDmURYh0q</a></p>&mdash; &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533; Jackson&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533; (@TheGurlWasBaddd) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheGurlWasBaddd/status/1266558608927588353?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[video=youtube;t1pqi8vjTLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1pqi8vjTLY[/video]

[video=youtube;QNJL6nfu__Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q[/video]

[video=youtube;lQgrn7-irPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQgrn7-irPg[/video]
---
Please promoted They Dont Care About Us by sharing and listening to it and why no head into the comment sections as well :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I&#8217;m not sure about a campaign. TDCAU seems to organically rise in popularity due to its relevance. A campaign might be perceived as an attempt to hijack the BLM movement. We have to be careful that we don&#8217;t look like a &#8220;MJ told you so&#8221; crowd.

ScreenOrigami;4292255 said:
I&#8217;m not sure about a campaign. TDCAU seems to organically rise in popularity due to its relevance. A campaign might be perceived as an attempt to hijack the BLM movement. We have to be careful that we don&#8217;t look like a &#8220;MJ told you so&#8221; crowd.

I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time who fought all his life for these kind of causes? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved. If I were Floyds family I would just feel greatly thankful for it.

Btw, with campaign do you mean the MJ Estate re-releasing the song for "profit"?

It would be possible for The Estate to promote it without charging money for it, and I believe the positive effects would be great and worth any cash that goes down the drain. And of course the Estate makes money when people stream the song on YT and spotify etc.

Imagine if They Dont Care About Us became the "official" protest song like Thriller is with Halloween? The song surely deserves that kind of recognition, its underrated.

Last edited:
Brazil version has almost 700million views. It might overtake Billie Jean in a week or two.

Here’s another very powerful edit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3BYYC36Uh5o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And another:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S_IaWbR-RCQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They keep coming in on YouTube.

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4292255 said:
I’m not sure about a campaign. TDCAU seems to organically rise in popularity due to its relevance. A campaign might be perceived as an attempt to hijack the BLM movement. We have to be careful that we don’t look like a “MJ told you so” crowd.

Lightbringer;4292256 said:
I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time to promote it? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved.

Btw, with campaign do you mean the MJ Estate re-releasing the song for "profit"?

The message of the song is too strong.

People are hurting and will immediately understand it's messages.

I think that merchandise will not be appropriate. But a new music video with clips of protests and police brutality (basically a official version of the fan-made ones) will be a better way to honour Michael and his message.

Rerelease the uncensored version. New video edit all proceeds donated to BLM. Man up estate MJ would.

Lightbringer;4292256 said:
I dont agree very much with this concerns- What better way to honor George Floyd and amplify the importance of the matter by using the greatest black entertainer of all time who fought all his life for these kind of causes? You can look at this both ways, but I dont see any disrespect as it benefits everyone involved. If I were Floyds family I would just feel greatly thankful for it.

It would be possible for The Estate to promote it without charging money for it, and I believe the positive effects would be great and worth any cash that goes down the drain. And of course the Estate makes money when people stream the song on YT and spotify etc.

Imagine if They Dont Care About Us became the "official" protest song like Thriller is with Halloween? The song surely deserves that kind of recognition, its underrated.

Huh, I was talking about the campaign to trend the hashtag #TheyDontCareAboutUs, but going back to your post I don&#8217;t even see you mention it. My bad, sorry.

Krshna28;4292259 said:
But a new music video with clips of protests and police brutality (basically a official version of the fan-made ones) will be a better way to honour Michael and his message.

Would love to see it, but I don&#8217;t think the Estate has the balls to do that.

I should say, leave the "hype" to the audience itself.
All things which are happening now with the song spontanious.

I should say, leave the "hype" to the audience itself.
All things which are happening now with the song spontanious.

Yep, it's very crucial to leave it rise organically, streaming and sharing the videos is the way to go (but without hashtags or organizing, it's not a time for a campaign). I still think a humble, supportive response from the Estate would be nice, but I don't think it's as important anymore.

I suppose The Estate could release a new music video for They Don't Care About Us which shows police brutality against black and maybe other non-white people throughout the history. They did release Heal The World 2020 with clips showing the impact of Covid-19, so I don't see why they can't release a new music video for TDCAU.

I suppose The Estate could release a new music video for They Don't Care About Us which shows police brutality against black and maybe other non-white people throughout the history. They did release Heal The World 2020 with clips showing the impact of Covid-19, so I don't see why they can't release a new music video for TDCAU.

This is totally different situation . . .

Nite Line;4292272 said:

They can&#8217;t even bring themselves to post the Prison version.

ScreenOrigami;4292275 said:
They can&#8217;t even bring themselves to post the Prison version.

Whoever is running their twitter account maybe dont realize the Prison version is much more relevant, maybe chasing the 700 000 million views on the Brazil video. Why dont you get in charge over their account? :) They are wasting their MASSIVE platform on insta, facebook and twitter.

Last edited:
Yep, it's very crucial to leave it rise organically, streaming and sharing the videos is the way to go (but without hashtags or organizing, it's not a time for a campaign). I still think a humble, supportive response from the Estate would be nice, but I don't think it's as important anymore.

I think you might be right.

Us MJ fans might be a little too enthusiastic to spread Michael's message.

The views are still coming. Maybe we should just believe.

But guys, I could read the comment sections on these youtube pages forever and the comments just keep on coming, its truly magic :) Its like a re-birth after all the difficult times!

Lightbringer;4292277 said:
Whoever is running their twitter account maybe dont realize the Prison version is much more relevant, maybe chasing the 700 000 million views on the Brazil video. Why dont you get in charge over their account? :) They are wasting their MASSIVE platform on insta, facebook and twitter.

I really don&#8217;t think that this is the issue. :D

2020 is probably the year the Estate realizes the relevance of MJ&#8217;s legacy.

We had Earth Song for the Australian fires, Heal the World for the pandemic, and now TDCAU for BLM. And the years isn&#8217;t even half over &#8230;

Spotify have released a Black Lives Matter playlist and "They Don't Care About Us" is not on that list which is a shame. The song deserves to chart. Now would also be a good time to release "We've Had Enough" . The message is just as relevant as TDCAU & the wider public is unaware of it.

5ac0e9181ad43ee48b7b354a1aef1284e6c871ac.gifv

Figures people here are concerned about charts and Youtube views and not what's going on.

DuranDuran;4292284 said:

Figures people here are concerned about charts and Youtube views and not what's going on.

If you care to look at the Twitter accounts of some of the people here, you&#8217;ll see that they do care about what&#8217;s going on. A lot. Start with mine, if you want.

Its perfectly possible to care both about Michael Jacksons legacy and anti-racism - especially as the issue was so important to Michael himself. Spreading They Dont Care About Us is also spreading awareness of the whole racism topic.

I definetly think that the estate should release now *weve had enough* not just because of whats going on now but on what has happened to us all. I want to say although i support without hesitation in blacklives matter will people still remember that we are STILL in the midst of an invisible killer please stay safe.

There's already a thread for this: https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...-fans-trying-to-make-everything-about-Michael

But it's simply not true and I think you are quite aware of that too, but it was a chance to act a bit above the others. As it mentioned in the other thread, music can be a great way of emotional support and venting out frustration, or just simply helps to express strong or chaotic feelings. That's what we can witness now IMO.

Ironically, I've just find the Message & Protest Music thread started by you, but I guess that's also about something else. :/

Let&#8217;s also not forget that this is an MJ forum. People come here primarily to talk about MJ. It would be quite odd not to mention the rise of popularity of one of his songs &#8211; for any reason. This doesn&#8217;t mean that we can&#8217;t at the same time join protests, and protests are best carried out where they will be seen. Which is probably not here.

Last edited:
This is amazing. That's all. Just brilliant. This song is the perfect anthem for current times.

I've just find the Message & Protest Music thread started by you, but I guess that's also about something else. :/
There's nothing in there about "This song deserves to chart" or tweets about getting a song to #1. Some of the songs I posted were not hits at all or were album tracks. Yeah a #1 song and Youtube views are going to stop the police from what they're doing. The idea of wanting this to chart because of what's happening is something I can't understand. Ultimately the charts don't mean anything. Do you know all the songs that were #1 in 1934? Is that helping those artists legacy?

ScreenOrigami;4292280 said:
I really don&#8217;t think that this is the issue. :D

2020 is probably the year the Estate realizes the relevance of MJ&#8217;s legacy.

We had Earth Song for the Australian fires, Heal the World for the pandemic, and now TDCAU for BLM. And the years isn&#8217;t even half over &#8230;

It's amazing how Michael has songs that could be applied to so many different situations and crisis. His music truly is timeless.

But with each view there's a chance that somebody saw the video and heard the song for the first time.

If the video starts trending, then maybe millions will see it for the first time.

Each view has the chance of spreading the message. Maybe more people will understand the hurt.

Back