What info do we have on H20/water or whatever it is called?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I like to know who worked on the song, when it was worked on, what it is about, what kind of song it is (tempo)
I know some have heard it here so there should be more info available.

Travis3000 has confirmed that Michael sings it at the end of Billie Jean in This Is It.

"H2O" and "Water" are different songs actually!

"H2O/Dark Lady" was done around 2007-08. I believe it's a Neff-U collaboration. Evidently it's a rough demo, with Michael singing the same few lines over and over again, but it's very catchy.

"Water" was done in 2009. It's just a chorus, which Michael Prince recorded at the Carolwood residence. It's evidently very experimental. I believe some of the lyrics are, "It's just the water, water/Trying to take a piece of my mind/It's just the water, water/Trying to take a piece of my time." Or something along those lines.

AlwaysThere;4292831 said:

"H2O/Dark Lady" was done around 2007-08. I believe it's a Neff-U collaboration. Evidently it's a rough demo, with Michael singing the same few lines over and over again, but it's very catchy.

"Water" was done in 2009. It's just a chorus, which Michael Prince recorded at the Carolwood residence. It's evidently very experimental. I believe some of the lyrics are, "It's just the water, water/Trying to take a piece of my mind/It's just the water, water/Trying to take a piece of my time." Or something along those lines.
Are you sure that it is just a chorus? Someone on this forum told me that „Water“ is one of the very few post trial songs that is actually vocally complete!

So, H20 and Dark Lady are the same song?

It was “Water” as far as I know, I loved it and it’s been on my iPod for years now.

PoP;4292849 said:
It was “Water” as far as I know, I loved it and it’s been on my iPod for years now.

How much do I need to bribe you to have it on my iPod?

mjfan_93;4292838 said:
Are you sure that it is just a chorus? Someone on this forum told me that „Water“ is one of the very few post trial songs that is actually vocally complete!

Really? Interesting! I was told the exact opposite -- that it was just a chorus!

Can anyone chime in here?

dethorro;4292839 said:
So, H20 and Dark Lady are the same song?

They are! If you look at this handwritten list or this typed out list, you'll see that they're always side-by-side:) I hadn't noticed until I spoke with someone who heard the song, who confirmed they were one and the same!

JichaelMackson;4292854 said:
How much do I need to bribe you to have it on my iPod?

No bribery, a friend of mine emailed me the track along with “People Of The World”, she picked those up from somewhere.

PoP;4292863 said:
No bribery, a friend of mine emailed me the track along with “People Of The World”, she picked those up from somewhere.

Can you possibly share some of the lyrics?

PoP;4292863 said:

people of the world leaked so why not water?

AlwaysThere;4292866 said:
Can you possibly share some of the lyrics?

don't be so modest, ask to share the entire song :p

dethorro;4292885 said:
Are you sure you're not talking about this? The Jason Malachi track?:

[video=youtube;zxiiTeslmpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxiiTeslmpM[/video]

Well yeah. Is that a problem? That’s the one I was talking about.

PoP;4292893 said:
Well yeah. Is that a problem? That’s the one I was talking about.

That isn't Michael singing! It's Jason Malachi....the guy who sings on Keep Your Head Up, Breaking News and on Monster.

The track also doesn't have any connection to the actual Michael Jackson/Michael Prince Water song or the Michael Jackson/Neff-U H20 song.

AlwaysThere;4292831 said:

mjfan_93;4292838 said:

AlwaysThere;4292858 said:
Really? Interesting! I was told the exact opposite -- that it was just a chorus!

Can anyone chime in here?

This confusion (about ‘Water’ being just a chorus, or a complete track) comes from the fact that this title was included on a disc that went up for auction in 2017 (via the public, online ‘Gotta Have Rock And Roll’ auction).

Aside from the three included fake Cascio tracks, that disc included some other songs as well and also a song called ‘Water’ which was described by that auction as a complete track with complete vocals.

But the inclusion of these three fake Cascio tracks on that disc indicates that the complete ‘Water’ song (on that disc) is also a fake song.

Also, ‘H2O’ was actually a song that Michael Jackson was working on during his final two years (2008-2009), but due to his death he left it partly completed, and ‘H2O’ and the actual ‘Water’ are two different songs.

mj_frenzy;4292955 said:
Aside from the three included fake Cascio tracks, that disc included some other songs as well and also a song called ‘Water’ which was described by that auction as a complete track with complete vocals.

But the inclusion of these three fake Cascio tracks on that disc indicates that the complete ‘Water’ song (on that disc) is also a fake song.

The cd (entitled "Bible") is entirely full of Cascio shit.

https://tucmag.net/music/michael-jacksons-unreleased-album-bible-makes-waves/

I didn't know there was actually a song called Water. I just thought Michael sang water water after Kenny Ortega said that drink some water This Is It. Was it from the song?

I didn't know there was actually a song called Water. I just thought Michael sang water water after Kenny Ortega said that drink some water This Is It. Was it from the song?

That wouldn't be the first time MJ sung unreleased songs in a rehearsal. In the Dangerous Tour Rehearsal he sings a few lines of the PYT Demo.

They’re two separate songs!

“H2O/Dark Lady” was recorded between 2007 and 2008. I believe it was started with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince, and Neff-U contributed some musical elements. The baseline recalls Queen’s “Under Pressure,” the melody has Arabic influences, and beatboxing is prominent throughout. Multiple people said it would’ve been an incredible comeback single for MJ. The vocals are allegedly very unfinished, but there’s enough to be reworked into a “Don’t Matter to Me” type collaboration.

“Water” was apparently recorded in early 2009 at the Carolwood house. The production is complex, with water droplets and a “Stranger in Moscow” aesthetic. Only the chorus was recorded (which MJ sang a snippet of in This Is It), but people have described it as “amazing” and “magical.”

(Note: this information comes from trusted sources who have heard the songs. I haven’t heard them myself, though I’d absolutely kill to.)

Interesting! These are the types of tracks that the estate should be using/releasing instead of a weaker vocal and production like “Don’t Matter To Me”

AmitLal92;4314879 said:
Interesting! These are the types of tracks that the estate should be using/releasing instead of a weaker vocal and production like “Don’t Matter To Me”

The estate didn't release Don't Matter To Me.

The estate didn't release Don't Matter To Me.

They licensed the usage of MJ vocals in the song. So, they didn't release it but they gave Drake and Anka their blessing to release it. The same thing happened with Queen and There Must Be More To Life Than This and Barry Gibb and All In Your Name.

Back