Has Kate Bush ever said anything on MJ, did they know eachother?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I can't find anything on the internet which is kind of odd since they are of the same age and both big during the 70s/80s

I can't find anything on the internet which is kind of odd since they are of the same age and both big during the 70s/80s
I don't think she was that popular in the USA and I listened to the radio. She's probably more like a cult artist here like Velvet Underground & Bauhaus. The only song I've heard by her is the one with Peter Gabriel Don't Give Up. Even that was not played on the radio where I live, but the video was on MTV & VH-1. I have Peter's album So.

I'm based in Europe so I have a different perception of how big someone is. Janet Jackson or Mariah Carey aren't that big in Europe either compared to let's say Madonna that is.

You surely know wuthering heights, running up that hill, babushka, cloudbuster though? Well maybe not since you are from the US but they were big hits in Europe and are still played on the radio.

Anyway I guess MJ and Bush never connected. The question popped up in my head because yesterday I read her reaction to Prince 's death and it was glowing with praise.

You surely know wuthering heights, running up that hill, babushka, cloudbuster though? Well maybe not since you are from the US but they were big hits in Europe and are still played on the radio.
No. I just checked Billboard and she only had 4 songs on the Hot 100.

The Man With The Child In His Eyes #85 (1979)
Running Up That Hill #30 (1985)
Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush - Don't Give Up #72 (1987)
Rubberband Girl #88 (1993)

Her highest charting
album in the US reached #28 in 1993. I've heard Big Boi from OutKast mention Kate Bush in interviews. But that's about it. I guess if she mentioned Mike it would be in Europe where she is more popular. It might be in an old magazine, which many are not online.

I've never heard of Kate Bush commenting on Michael or any other artist for that matter. What a weird thing to ask.

Why is this such a weird random question? :p

MJ met so many stars you can find so many pictures of him with random celebrities, the entire music business is not that big they must have ran into each other at one point.

Michael Jackson being friends with Adam Ant is just as weird and random as my question, it's all possible! :-D

Prince

The question popped up in my head because yesterday I read her reaction to Prince's death and it was glowing with praise.
I went over to Prince Vault and it says Kate sang background vocals on My Computer on Prince's Emancipation album. I have that album but haven't listened to it in a long time. It also says Prince remixed one of Kate's songs called Why Should I Love You?.

Back