HIStory 25 and Dangerous 30 release petition

There's no point in doing a petition cuz the estate don't give a s: censored:

The Estate are not going to base their decisions on fan complaints. They've already made that clear in the FAQ.

Petitions (on line, or not) almost never work in the entertainment industry.

And in the rare case when a petition works (for a release, for a cancellation of a release, etc), it has to fit some necessary requirements that can make it effective.

This one does not even fit these requirements.

Ridiculous to demand a petition for anniversary editions for albums. Absolutely pathetic!

Well done! FIRST GOAL SURPASSED
Isaac Rowley
United Kingdom
Jun 20, 2020 —
We've just surpassed 100 signatures, next step, 200. Let's get it, please share this petition so we can get it as far as possible, I'll be closing this petition in July so let's get as many as possible!

Keep in mind guys you don't have to agree with this person. let them do what they want. it probably not gonna change anything. but i'm all for fans who speak up their mind with the estate no matter it's agreement or disagreement.

i'm not pro-estate but i'm not anti-estate either.

2nd landmark complete!
Isaac Rowley
United Kingdom
Jun 23, 2020 —
Yesss we are starting to pick up now with 200 signatures! If we can get 300 more by Sunday that would be perfect! Thank you to everyone who has signed and please spread this to reach our goal !

No, it's not worth a shot. It's just greedy and entitled MJ fans wanting anniversary editions for every album, which isn't realistic.

Completely agree. Only the iconic mass appeal albums are worth the investment of anniversary re-release. That's how it is with other artists and MJ is no exception. I wish some fans could understand that and accept it. Petitions like this are just foolish.

I'm not asking for much. If they decide to release 3 or 4 new tracks on Spotify per year I'd be a happy man, if radios pick it up good if they don't no problem.
People shouldn't expect hits anymore that won't happen unless one of his songs gets picked on the soundtrack a global hit movie or if some DJ remixes one of his songs and releases it. Like what happened with Elvis' "little less conversation".
I never heard of a posthumous album selling millions and millions (unless it was already in the pipeline before the artist died). Album sales are at an all time low anyway, the Estate won't make money releasing demo's and vault tracks so just throw em on Spotify...

Bad25 showed there is no money to be made with special anniversary editions, thriller is definitely an exception to the rule.

The Prince Estate is releasing a Deluxe edition for "Sign O' The Times" (1,6 M copies sold) : 8 CD, 45 outtakes.

I swear yall are making excuses for the lack of new MJ music in 6 years. An anniversary edition of a 20 MILLIONS copies sold album would not be profitable/of mass appeal ? Utter nonsense ...

If this were to happen, does anyone think that the estate would remaster the music videos? I thought that Thriller's IMAX release would be the start of some new remasters coming out

These albums are all super well known and are not minor releases. Paul McCartney has been reissuing releases of all of his albums. The fact they don't do it for Michael is unexcusable, especially when there is so much material. Please remaster the music videos from the 35mm film too.

The Prince Estate is releasing a Deluxe edition for "Sign O' The Times" (1,6 M copies sold) : 8 CD, 45 outtakes.

I swear yall are making excuses for the lack of new MJ music in 6 years. An anniversary edition of a 20 MILLIONS copies sold album would not be profitable/of mass appeal ? Utter nonsense ...

Exactly. All the people trotting this nonsense out are merely covering for the Estate's total lack of care/action.

Every single time anyone suggests anything creative or worthwhile, it's the same slap down 'no it wouldn't sell, stop being greedy' response. It's just boring.

Exactly. All the people trotting this nonsense out are merely covering for the Estate's total lack of care/action.

Every single time anyone suggests anything creative or worthwhile, it's the same slap down 'no it wouldn't sell, stop being greedy' response. It's just boring.

Yep, fans for some reason love to put down other fans when they suggest the estate put effort into anything.

Personally, I prefer other projects than anniversary editions. I wish the Estate asked people who actually worked with Michael, like Bruce Swedien, Brad Buxer, John Barnes, and people like that, to revisit tracks that are in their computers. They know exactly in what state these tracks are, and some of those tracks are stamped with Michaels approval. We still have Bruce Swedien around, he could give these tracks a final mix that Michael would have approved of. But he isn't getting any younger. I really hope they do that – instead of releasing another anniversary edition with remixes.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that people are still comparing Michael's estate with Prince's in terms of unreleased material.

We can debate the quality of the projects no doubt. But it's a well-established fact that Prince left behind hundreds upon hundreds of finished songs that are just waiting to be released. Michael didn't; there's a finite number left, and all available evidence suggests that the exact number is less than two dozen. I'm not arguing that the Estate hasn't taken their sweet time between releases, nor that there aren't other tracks to release (demos, alternate version, etc.), but it's completely asinine and nonsensical to say, "Prince's Estate has released SO MUCH MORE brand-new music than Michael's!" Yeah, because they have that luxury.

Piek;4295532 said:
Personally, I prefer other projects than anniversary editions. I wish the Estate asked people who actually worked with Michael, like Bruce Swedien, Bradu Buxer, John Barnes, and people like that, to revisit tracks that are in their computers. They know exactly in what state these tracks are, and some of those tracks are stamped with Michaels approval. We still have Bruce Swedien aroud, he could give these tracks a final mix that Michael would have approved of. But he isn't getting any younger. I really hope they do that – instead of releasing another anniversary edition with remixes.

That's one of the Estate's biggest sins imo. Total disregard for MJs collaborators and original people who created/worked on the songs. They're not gonna be here forever but the estate don't seem to care about that at all. They'd rather get timbaland to make some remixes in a week.

An 8 CD package, that's just ridiculous. I'm willing to bet that 6 of these cd's will be redundant. If those are really 45 finished songs I'm becoming a prince fan....
Anyway It's not even gonna sell 1000 copies

It's really weird that MJ fans are now complaining and making getting more content out to be a bad thing to make the estate look better. I get that Prince has more content and I've said that in the past. But when you start calling getting more content in a re release "redundant" you're just making excuses.

I hope we get documentaries about Dangerous and HIStory. Bad 25 documentary was great.

Back