Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 156 USD (84%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Friends-Michael Meets April

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: New Friends-Michael Meets April

Chapter 15.

Dinner became very silent later that evening. Michael watched everyone as they all ate not even making a conversation. Jackie looked at him with a sorrow expression, Tito glanced at him and looked back at his food, Jermaine he just held his head down low not even looking up, and Marlon looking the other way while chewing. He also looked at his parents who were only paying attention to their meal and drinking kool aid. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore; slamming down his glass making everyone jump especially little Janet who looked startled and released his anger.

"Why did you have to let it happen!?" He started. "Michael, honey!" Katherine said ushering him to sit down but he wasn't listening to her. "There are plenty of kids out there that are not getting along because of their difference thanks to their parents beliefs." Joe looked at him with an unbelievable expression. "First of all, don't you ever slam down things that belong to us and second, I did it in a way where you would stop this nonsense about her." "But she didn't do anything wrong! Can't you see she's a very kindhearted and beautiful person and you did it so you can protect me!? Is that what it is Joseph!?" "Michael Joseph Jackson, boy do you know I will tear your little behind up in less than a second? Boy don't you ever raise your voice at me you respect me in here do you understand?" "But..." Michael was about to protest but Joe cut him off. "I know what our country is and what it is all about and it's time you learn about the difference is about with people and their culture end of discussion."

Michael looked at him and shook his head endlessly and held his head down not wanting him to see his tears. "Okay well I have three words for you, I HATE YOU!!" And he stormed up to his room not paying attention what Joe was going to say. "BOY GET DOWN HERE!!" The next thing he knew the door slammed shut.

Oh man, I never thought that boy would get on my nerves" Joe said as he rubbed his temples as Katherine looked at him while she cleaned up.

"Now Joe, don't you think that you were being a little too hard on him? After all, he does seem to care about her and you don't see it." "Katie please, he is too stubborn and hardheaded he's going to burn down this house one day and with us in it." Katherine couldn't help but giggle listening to her husband's nonsense. "Why are you laughing? You think this is funny? Our son is friends with a white girl!" Soon, Katherine's face turned into a grim expression. "Joe, this is it? Is that what is about? I can not believe you are still living in that era" "Don't start on me woman you know pretty well" Katherine put down the sponge and walked over taking a seat.

"Joseph, after all these years of us being together you still have that whole thing in your head? This is 1971 where people of all races come together as one and you're saying that he is friends with a white girl?" Joe held his head down low massaging his face. "Listen, all I'm saying is that he needs to be very careful around her, who knows what she's capable of?" "But she is not like that though that's what I'm trying to get you to understand. It's not every white person you think is a fugitive they work hard just to try to make something of themselves it's not just black people. You have millions and millions of different types." Katherine explained trying to reason with him.

Michael sobbed until his eyes ran dry and he sat up on his bed. He just couldn't see why Joe would do something so harsh. All his life he had found a true friend and Joe was doing every which way to separate them doing it in secret and not realizing it. He wiped the remaining tears away and looked through his window it looked like it was going to rain any minute now but that didn't matter to him all he wanted to do was just to be with April and tell her the truth about everything and that's what he was going to do. Getting a piece of paper and a pen, he wrote down a little note and put it on his dresser. Opening up the window, he took a deep breath and looked down his heart beating a million times a minute as he made a mighty jump not Daring to scream and set out on his journey.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Sorry for leaving this fic absent, but Here is Chapter 16!

Chapter 16.

Later that night while everyone was in bed, Latoya, on the other hand, was wide awake and very worried about Michael. Going over to his bedroom door with a plate full of his dinner (which he didn't touched), she knocked. "Michael it's me open the door please I have your food wrapped up for you. She said in her quiet tone yet but he didn't answer so she knocked again having no luck at all. This started to worry her even more as she set the plate on the floor and took out a hair pin. After many attempts the door finally opened allowing her to go into his room.

"Michael? are you in here?" She whispered as she eyed his bed but what she saw really shocked her. After removing the blankets seeing two pillows, she had finally lost it. "Mother, Mother wake up! Michael is gone!" That caught everyone's attention as they all got up witnessing. "Oh my poor baby! where could he have gone to?" Katherine wailed seeing her son's bed empty which scared poor little Randy and Janet.

"Do you think Michael is dead?" Janet asked hugging her mother. "Don't be silly Janet, he probably just ran away" Randy said trying to stay strong but deep down he was afraid.

"But, will he come back?" Janet asked with Randy shrugging in a shaky way. "We'll go look for him Mother, besides we think we know where he is" Tito said with Katherine looking at them. "You do? Where?" "At a familiar someone's house come on guys!!" And they all left leaving the others behind. "Please, bring Michael home safely" Katherine prayed while Joe made a low growl. "When that boy gets back, he's gonna regret the day he was even born.

Rain was coming down in heavy buckets as Michael ran catching his breath making it to Pasadena. Squinting his eyes, he saw the Sanderson Mansion ahead. Finally, he had made it where April's bedroom window was with a tree next to it. He gathered all the strength He could get as he climbed all the way to the top seeing through her room and her sleeping peacefully. Michael's heart ache a little more after having the flashback on what happened from earlier but there was no time to think on the bad stuff as he lightly knocked on her window.

April turned on her bedroom light and went over to her window seeing Michael sitting on the tree branch which shocked her. "Michael, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be back home in Encino? And in bed already?" "That doesn't matter right now all that matters is I came to see you. Now, do you want to go to the park?" April shook her head slowly and held her head down very low but not too low where Michael could see tear stains on her face that looked like she has been crying since her and Sherman got home.

"I'm sorry Michael, but I can't see you guys anymore. I told my father everything the minute we came here and then... And then" April stopped what she was saying not wanting to worry him even more as he climbed through and tried to be very quiet as possible and touched her neck. "Where's the necklace that I got you?" April lifted her head up slowly with fresh tears coming down. "H-he told me to take it off and when I refused, he snatched it off and threw it in the garbage and he beat me" Michael made a little gasp noticing the black marks on her stomach as she lifted her night shirt slightly where he could see them.

"Oh April, I'm so sorry this had to happen" "Michael it's not your fault it's really mine. If we hadn't met each other, none of this wouldn't have happened I just feel so lost right now I don't know what to do." Michael gave her very warm hug letting her cry on his Mickey mouse shirt silently, he started to cry himself.

APRIL NIGHTINGALE! WHO DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR ROOM!?" Yelled Sherman as he knocked on the door very loudly scaring the children. "What are we going to do?" April quietly asked Michael who looked around in a heartbeat. "It will be a lot easier if we go down come on" "But I'm not dressed" "It's okay come on do you trust me?" April looked down at his hand then back at her room door and nodded; picking her up bridal-style, they both went down the sturdy tree branch with her holding onto him for dear life sliding down with the water splashing behind as he put her down and in hand-in-hand, they were on their way.

"Come on Marlon!" Jackie yelled seeing his brother panting for air trying to keep up. "There's her house!" Jermaine yelled as they got to the front door. After ringing the bell, revealing to be Darla in her lavender robe asking the boys what they were doing here so late? Jackie took his time explaining.

"Oh my stars! really? I feel so guilty." Darla said putting her face in her hands and sobbed lightly. "It's not your fault Mrs.Thompson, please don't blame yourself we just thought that Michael was here so we could bring him home we think he came so he could be with April" Jackie said finishing up. Darla wiped the tears off and shook her head. "I don't know where they could have gone but I do know that the minute you all came here, that afternoon, I knew in my heart that you all are great people so I trust him with her let's hope they are not in any danger though or I would never forgive myself and I know you all care for your little brother and try to keep him out of harms way" The brothers looked at one another with sad expressions each giving her a hug and left.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Chapter 17.

Now where do we go from here?" Marlon asked as the brothers started to think; soon, Tito snapped his fingers. "The park! That's where they should be!" "Well no time to waste, come on!!" Jackie announced running in the moonlight.

"Are we almost there?" April asked Michael with her hand still in his running along with him trying to keep her red silk night shirt down from any perverts trying to see. "Yeah, I see a big oak tree." Michael said finally making it telling April to sit down with him doing the same thing.

"Whew, that was a close one or else we would've been in for it." Michael said panting for air April on the other hand, looked at the moon with a tear stained face. Michael's face instantly turned to sadness putting his hand into his but April gently shrugged it off. "Please Michael, don't you know it's dangerous to be around me?" Now his face turned into confusement studying her for 3 minutes. "April, what are you talking about?" April just sat there quietly not uttering out a word. "I'm sorry please forgive me what I just said it's just my father, he..." "April I understand where you are coming from you're not the only one having to go through all that torture I shouldv'e told you from the beginning." Michael looked away a little ashamed to tell the brunette about his past. April put her hand on his shoulder which was warm to the touch turning his head slowly to see her.

"Michael, you don't have to explain yourself I know it must be very hurtful to talk about it. We all come from different worlds but we have similar personalities and parts from our past that we wish not to bring up but we can't do anything but just accept it; it is all apart of life." Michael nodded his head slowly fully understanding what she was saying. Then he started to giggle. "You know, I'm not very good at remembering things, and I'm also not the sappiest ones either, but April let me tell you something, when I was only 5, I had started working there was no time for fun it was just work, work, and even more work. Do you know how hard it was but you try to make the best of it and not having any friends except your 4 brothers? The tours, the auditions, everything was changing for me little by little and when I saw you, there was this aura around you that I got used to in less than 10 minutes I knew you were a true friend and I just wanted to say thank you so much for understanding me." Michael's eyes were now glossy with water with April listening to everything and now having water in her own eyes. "Oh Michael..."

Not too far, The brothers had listened to everything crying and sniffling themselves also. "Michael..." Jackie said in barely a whisper wiping a few tears away.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Chapter 18.

Suddenly, two cars came at the same time revealing to be the adults getting out looking for the kids. "Quick hide" Jackie said as the guys quickly ran for cover trying not to be seen looking at both parents from the bushes searching for the young ones.

"Michael!" Joe yelled with Katherine at his side followed by the others. "Oh Joseph, I hope he's okay who knows what happened to him?" She said trying to shake the thoughts out of her head and of course the tears. "Don't worry Katie when we find him, he is so dead I swear."

"April Nightingale! Where are you?" Sherman yelled out searching intensely like a hawk as Darla and the rest slowly walked behind. "Sherman, do you think it was a good idea to do what you did to her? After all, they had treated her with love and affection like they are her second family." Sherman studied his wife for 2 minutes before starting again. "Look, all I'm saying is that she shouldn't have gone she knows better than to go to people's houses except for those two girls that she's always with." "That's because she's known them for quite sometime she has only known the Jacksons for a few weeks and in my opinion, they are very down-to-earth human beings." Sherman eyed Darla for what seemed an eternity until Lily blurted out. "There's April and Michael!" She pointed out seeing two figures staring at the moon.

"Did you hear that?" April asked Michael who nodded. "Yeah, it's our folks come up with me they won't see us from here" The two kids went up the tree as fast as possible trying their hardest not to make a sound.

Both men stood there facing each other furrowing their eyebrows. "Where's my son?" Joe asked. "Where's my daughter?" Sherman said in an agitated tone. "Look, I don't care where she ends up at or in, I'm just looking for my son that's all I want to know so if you excuse me, let me do just that." Sherman couldn't believe what he had heard stopping Joe in his tracks. "What did you just say? oh I get it you don't care about me finding my child, but seeing you in your state of anger and frustration, you are a bit worried in finding yours?" Joe just stood there looking at him dumbfounded then shook his head. "I'm sorry for what I said a little while ago and I'm also sorry if I snapped at you I'm just looking for my boy and to tell him I'm sorry that's it nothing else." Sherman nodded his head completely understanding.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Chapter 19.

Do you think we should go down now?" April asked Michael who looked heartbroken seeing the parents worried faces especially Joe. This was the first time that he ever saw the concern look on his dad's face. Michael knew that he was going to be in for it, but seeing Joe in his sad and sorry state was just too much. Nodding to April, they both went down.

"Michael! Michael! Boy where are you?" "Here we are!" Both children shouted surprising the adults who all ran showering them with hugs and kisses. "Oh Michael, we were so worried about you are you okay honey?" Katherine asked relieved to see her young son in her arms again. "Yes Mother we're fine honest. I'm very sorry that I got angry I know I shouldn't have and it was wrong for me" "Well, as long as you're safe, everything's fine." Michael looked at Joe who had a not-so-pleased look who took slow steps towards him. "Boy, do you know how worried I was? First you yelled at me, and stormed off, then you disobeyed me by going all the way to Pasadena which is an hour away from home, AND THEN..." Michael closed his eyes expecting the worse. "You also proved to me that no matter what country we live in on Earth, People from different backgrounds should get along better than ever. I am very proud of you"

Michael was shocked; never before in his life had Joseph said those words. He ran to him at full speed giving him a big hug crying his eyes out. "Thank you... Daddy." Everyone looked flabbergasted but soon eased seeing the Jackson man wrapping his arms around him lowering his head trying not to cry himself. Looking at the Thompsons, Joe walked over eyeing Sherman. "Mr. Thompson, I was wrong, you and your whole family are welcomed to our house anytime and anyday. I'm truly sorry about how I acted and your daughter is very talented and gifted in her own way possible she is welcomed also and her siblings too. Sherman nodded sticking out his hand with Joe doing the same shaking it. "Thank you Mr. Jackson even though we got off on the wrong foot it was kinda nice meeting you the pleasure is all mine" Joe said having a small smile. Soon, the rain had stopped and the moon shined it's bright light in the sky along with a few stars twinkling like little diamonds.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Here comes the Final Chapter :angel:

Chapter 20.

Just then, the brothers came out of their hiding spots walking over to the group.

"Hey guys, what are you all doing here?" Michael asked them who were now joining them. "We heard everything that you all had said and Michael, we're very sorry, we didn't know that you had felt the way you did when we were starting to grow into music." Jermaine said. Michael went over and gave them a big group hug. "Hey that's alright and the good news is, that April can come over anytime she likes" One by one the guys stared at each other with confused looks then it had turned to smiles. "Really?" Marlon asked with the Thompson siblings grinning and giving the Jacksons a hug and shouting hooray with the adults smiling at the happy moment including Joe. Even though Joe was what he was, he had to admit that these people were the first to ever be trusted.

"Woah! look at the time, come on all, let's go home and get back to bed" Sherman said looking at his watch with everyone nodding and yawning.

~*Epilogue~*

3 months later...

July 15.

"Oh honestly Michael, can I take this blindfold off now?" April asked with Michael shaking his head and chuckling. "Not yet, we're almost there" Soon, the limo stopped at Hayvenhurst with the gates opening up. Michael led the girl into the backyard where the folks were. Taking off the blindfold, April was stunned at the entire place. It was decorated with balloons and streamers and of course there was a table full of delicious food and drinks. "SURPRISE!!!!" Everyone shouted as the children walked over to the crowd.

"W-what is all this?" April asked. "It's a party for you from all of us silly" Jackie said smiling. "For me? but it's not my birthday" "Don't worry it's a friendship party. We've been up all morning preparing and I had even called the girls over to come and help" Michael explained pointing to Rachel and Tiffany who waved and grinned. "Aww.. thanks guys but you didn't have to" "We wanted to April, because you are our friend and nobody get's left behind even when the going gets tough we will always be there" April's eyes welled up with tears as she gave Michael a hug who blushed a bright shade of red. "Thank you, thank you all so much for everything."

~*The End~*