The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
The Last of Us Part II was just released on PS4. I have been playing it and its really good. I have played it for maybe 5 hours now. The first game is one of my favorites and the remastered version on PS4 was good. The story was great. Are there other Last of Us fans here?

Trailer:

Edit: Remake of the first game has been released on PS5. PC version is coming soon.

Last edited:
I’m not usually a fan of this game, except my brother does play these games. But anyways, there’s a dark side of this just happened recently. Laura Bailey, well known VA (known her a long time) has been receiving death threats on Twitter.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...-laura-bailey-shares-death-threats-on-twitter

How utterly stupid these people are? Makes me angry that she has to put through.

I have played around 20 hours. The story is very good so far. I'm not sure if its better than the first game but its very good. The graphics look great but I hope this gets PS5 patch so it can look even better.

I just finished the game. Right now it feels better than the first game. I like the new gameplay elements and the story wasn't what I expected.

I'm a big fan of The Last of Us and I enjoyed Part II. Ok, there was some things i didn't like but overall i found it a good game. At it's core it's a game about mourning and grief so it's by no means a happy cheery type of game. If i was to give it a raitng out of 10 i would give it an 8.

I'm a big fan of The Last of Us and I enjoyed Part II. Ok, there was some things i didn't like but overall i found it a good game. At it's core it's a game about mourning and grief so it's by no means a happy cheery type of game. If i was to give it a raitng out of 10 i would give it an 8.

Did you like the story? It was very good in my opinion. I hope the game gets multiplayer mode at some point.

Last edited:
The Last of Us ist one of those film like games. I really like the story and cutscenes. But i prefer the first one. The second one takes a twist regarding ellie, that i am not sure if i like. Looking at the game from a standalone standpoint makes it better; for a second part the difference is to big.
For the best experience i think your screen should be as big as possible. A friend of mine from Germany even has her own projector screen to play on. She said it is actually suprinsingly easy to build your own. If someone is interested: she did do it with the help of a german article. You can translate it using google translator. https://www.heimkinoheld.de/leinwand-aufhaengen/ Maybe someone wants to enhance their experience.

The game did well at The Game Awards yesterday. It won the Game of the Year award. Christopher Nolan presented it:

It won these:

Game of the Year
Best Narrative
Best Game Direction
Best Audio Design
Best Performance (Laura Baily - as Abby)
Best Innovation in Accessibility
Best Action/Adventure

I have been watching the new tv series and its very good. Pedro Pascal is great as Joel. Episode 3 was just released and its the best one so far.

Last edited:
I was skeptical of video game TV shows at first due to how awful the Halo TV show was but this has been promising so far. The opening scenes are my favorite.

Episode 5 will be released two days early on Friday in the US because of Super Bowl. Europe gets in on Saturday I think.

Episode 6 was amazing. I'm so glad they chose these actors for Joel and Ellie. Perfect casting. This is easily the best video game adaptation. I have seen some saying that there should be more action but it hasn't bothered me. My least favorite episode is 5 but it was still very good. I liked how they did Henry and Sam.

I didn't like the
last action scene. It felt out of place. I would have introduced the bloater in the tunnels. It would have been scarier that way.
Oh, really! How interesting. I think that scene was great.

Although, yes, it would’ve been way scarier (more intimate) with
a tunnel encounter. More faithful to the game, too, amirite?

Oh, really! How interesting. I think that scene was great.

Although, yes, it would’ve been way scarier (more intimate) with
a tunnel encounter. More faithful to the game, too, amirite?
Bloater first appeared during daylight at the school in the game so it wouldn't have been more faithful either. I really liked the later hotel basement encounter in the game. That was scary.

Bloater first appeared during daylight at the school in the game so it wouldn't have been more faithful either. I really liked the later hotel basement encounter in the game. That was scary.
Oh, yes, how could I forget about the gymnastic hall encounter. It was like a boss fight, for crying out loud!

I have mixed feelings about episode 8. Bella Ramsey did great job but I think the episode was too short and they left out good moments from the game. Next is the finale episode. I wish this was longer.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about episode 8. Bella Ramsey did great job but I think the episode was too short and they left out good moments from the game. Next is the finale episode. I wish this was longer.
What moments were left out? Man, I feel like such an easy-pleaser, enjoying the heck out of every episode!

Although… I did have some problems with the seventh episode, actually.
Basically, I thought it was too true to the game.

Ep 8 was the best until now. The bad guy was even more creepy than I remember from the game. (I don’t remember much from the game, it was a long time ago lol)

What moments were left out? Man, I feel like such an easy-pleaser, enjoying the heck out of every episode!

Although… I did have some problems with the seventh episode, actually.
Basically, I thought it was too true to the game.
It felt a bit rushed. I liked the moment in the game when Ellie and David fight against the infected when you first meet him. I think they should use the infected more in the show so the world would feel more dangerous. We didn't see any infected during the winter part.

Last edited:
It felt a bit rushed. I liked the moment in the game when Ellie and David fight against the infected when you first meet him. I think they should use the infected more in the show so the world would feel more dangerous. We didn't see any infected during the winter part.
I see, I see… I have to think about that for a while. You might be onto something.

That was a great final episode.
It was almost perfect adaptation of what happened in the game. I wouldn't change much. At first I was worried because the episode is only 43 minutes but it didn't feel like anything important was left out. It was great to see Ashley Johnson as Ellie's mother.

Back