The 8 Worst Racist Incidents Michael Jackson Experienced | the detail.

Elton-Cetera

Proud Member
The 8 Worst Racist Incidents Michael Jackson Experienced | the detail.

At first "the detail" looked like a cool channel dedicated to Michael. But the more videos I watch, the more it seems that the guy behind it is rather dedicated to his monetizing, not afraid to incorporate juicy gossip from unnamed dodgy sources.

For example in this video...

That whole Don King segment including alleged quotes from him and Michael is almost word-for-word lifted from J. Randy Taraborrelli's ultra gossipy unauthorized MJ biography.

And Quincy Jones calling Michael "Smelly" had nothing to do with his nose (as someone doing no research could think), but with Michael saying "smelly jelly" instead of "funky". Quincy himself explained that some years ago.

In other videos I saw him citing Matt Fiddles as if that scam artist was anywhere near a credible source.

Etc.

So The Detail is really The Gossip Detail.

Last edited:
Electro;4295931 said:
At first "the detail" looked like a cool channel dedicated to Michael. But the more videos I watch, the more it seems that the guy behind it is rather dedicated to his monetizing, not afraid to incorporate juicy gossip from unnamed dodgy sources.

For example in this video...

That whole Don King segment including alleged quotes from him and Michael is almost word-for-word lifted from J. Randy Taraborrelli's ultra gossipy unauthorized MJ biography.

Quincy Jones calling Michael "Smelly" had nothing to do with his nose (as someone doing no research could think), but with Michael saying "smelly jelly" instead of "funky". Quincy himself explained that some years ago.

Etc.

So The Detail is really The Gossip Detail.

Yeah, they’re not really as well informed as they pretend to be. And they could have found the “Smelly” story right there on YouTube:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vGbZh7lcysQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Since both Quincy and MJ agree here, live on air, this is the official version, in my opinion. ;)

Can&#8217;t really blame them for consulting Taraborrelli&#8217;s book, though. When I started out researching MJ, I found it&#8217;s being quoted all the time as a source, in all kinds of publications, so you kinda accept it as a credible source.

That said, they have to be called out on their mistakes, and I hope that they keep improving. They&#8217;re very pro-MJ, and I think it&#8217;s not the worst stuff a new fan can come across on YouTube.

Last edited:
Remains the question... why did Michael think of "funky" as a bad word? (if so)
Maybe someone native english speaking can explain that? :D
Did it originally have a more rude meaning or so?

Electro;4295959 said:
Remains the question... why did Michael think of "funky" as a bad word? (if so)
Maybe someone native english speaking can explain that? :D
Did it originally have a more rude meaning or so?

Merriam-Webster has this to say:

Definition of funky
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 US : having an offensive odor : foul
a funky smell

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/funky

But even then, it&#8217;s really not such a bad word, is it? Or is there yet another meaning? :D

He right about the fact Michael hided his nose because he was ashame about it. but his nickname was smelly because of his music. :) also sooml wasn't wrote for tatum.

The detail.... I really don't know what to call this channel anymore. they get some of the facts right then sometimes they don't.

When I saw the video about inside Michael's BIZARRE art collection, I thought it was the National Enquirer all over again.

I've seen a few videos from this channel, and while I do appreciate MJ fans creating content about him, I'm not fond of some of the clickbait-looking thumbnails and "provocative" titles. It's not necessary. If the idea is to make something look a bit scandalous to grab the attention of non-fans and then present them with real facts in an attempt to open their minds, I can appreciate the thought process, but it just feels icky. Getting facts right is also crucial.

I've seen videos from this channel recommended to me numerous times but always hesitated because of how click-baity they sounded. Seems I was right.

Also, I recall seeing this channel start to pop up sometime last year after LN aired... does anyone else think this may be some kind of stunt? I don't know if it's a fan or if it's someone pretending to be a fan to lure fans in and then trap them with half-truths.

Amaya;4296071 said:
I've seen videos from this channel recommended to me numerous times but always hesitated because of how click-baity they sounded. Seems I was right.

Also, I recall seeing this channel start to pop up sometime last year after LN aired... does anyone else think this may be some kind of stunt? I don't know if it's a fan or if it's someone pretending to be a fan to lure fans in and then trap them with half-truths.

I think they&#8217;re fans who want to cash in a little by making these videos. They make a couple of mistakes, some bigger, some smaller, but it&#8217;s really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. I think that they might even inspire new fans to consider looking into topics they wouldn&#8217;t have otherwise. I feel mostly positive about this channel. It&#8217;s okay, in my opinion, as long as they keep improving.

They are Michael Jackson fans I been listening to their podcasts. they have them ever twice a month and it's a british guy. he a fan but he needs to really work on his videos more. I hope they get better as time goes on.

Yes, it's just one guy. He uses some voice-artist service to have "his" texts read out properly.

To be honest, I feel I read more BS here on this forum at times than I&#8217;ve ever seen in his videos. :laughing:

I remember last year, when I started out researching MJ, I had some major trouble telling fact from fiction &#8211; which is why I came here. It can be really confusing, and you often have to peel away a lot of layers of misinformation to get through to the true core of a story.

Overall, that guy does a good job, and his videos are concise and interesting to watch. Yes, they are clickbaity, but that&#8217;s how they attract viewers these days. Everyone does it. The health channel I&#8217;m sometimes watching is much worse. :D

Well if you like him then fine. I just think he need to get his info right more and do a better job with his titles.

NatureCriminal7896;4296120 said:
Well if you like him then fine. I just think he need to get his info right more and do a better job with his titles.

I have never said that I like them. I have said that there&#8217;s worse stuff out there. Not the same thing. ;)

If a fan is really running this channel they need to stop with mixing in all the tabloid trash for clickbait - they were so off in one of the videos I watched, that I don't click on them anymore. Gets heavily recommended though!

Back