Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 636 Posts

Default Re: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

L.N is old hat. The only ones talking about it are fans. Theres more talk about Square 1 by non fans. And ppl listening to TDCAU

Covid etc is gonna have more effect interms of putting something out. Or there is just nothing planned at the moment and thats it. There doesnt always have to be a reason for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,723 Times in 1,598 Posts

Default Re: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

I think maybe the ongoing lawsuits take up much of their time, but still - an Estate should be able to separate legal cases and music releases.

LN for sure had an impact that nothing was released in 2019. - But 2020 has actually proven (so far) to be a great year for MJ.

Heal The World was played A LOT during Covid-19 - even had a new musicvideo made. (officially right?)

TDCAU has gained so much streams during the BLM campaign.

Earth Song - I have heard the song played a lot in Denmark actually. - Don't know why it is played, but I have heard it in a shopping centre, on the radio etc.

Square One has gotten some (a lot?) attention and seems to gain streams. - Not released in Denmark, so no effect here, but Germany, UK, Spain and the US - I sense quite a few people have seen Square One and it has changed their views.

So hopefully Taj's project - documentary - is released in the fall and will get a lot of attention worldwide and hopefully get more people to realize/believe MJ was/is innocent.

If that happens - and maybe even The Estate wins the lawsuits by the 2 jerks - 2020 will be an amazing MJ year and then there is no excuse to not release new MJ materiale in 2021. - I just hope 2020 will continue as good as it has started for MJ.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Legal cases are delt with by lawyers who work for the estate. Those lawyers are totally seperate from ppl who work for the estate in relation to getting together and deciding on and creating releases. Thes a huge amount of ppl hired by them

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,169 Posts

Now I have a mental image of Howard Weitzman late at night hand printing all those HIStory25 t-shirts.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I think it’s time to test the water so to speak. I get all the reason to not release anything but his music will speak for itself. They don’t have to have a giant project released every time. Release a single out of the blue with no public announcement and see what happens. I best you anything that if it’s a quality song it will be a smash HIT. People really do love MJ some just don’t like to admit it. There are what you call closet fans out there as well, they will show up and buy it too. Now is the time.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smooth72 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Legal cases are delt with by lawyers who work for the estate. Those lawyers are totally seperate from ppl who work for the estate in relation to getting together and deciding on and creating releases. Thes a huge amount of ppl hired by them
    Yes, but lawyers have to be paid. And the men/women employed by the Estate are top tier, and absolutely aren’t cheap, especially in a multi-year venture. (There are currently three separate lawsuits going on: Robson’s, which has been on and off for seven years; Safechuck’s, which has been on and off for six years; and HBO’s, which has been ongoing for over a year. All three have court dates scheduled straight through mid-2021, and likely beyond.) I can’t imagine they also care to throw a million-plus at a project.

I think the HIStory 25 merch is the first “test the waters” move. Better to do it with merch than with a full studio album or a big project that poses a bigger risk of failure. Hopefully there’s some incentive for them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Yes, but lawyers have to be paid. And the men/women employed by the Estate are top tier, and absolutely aren’t cheap, especially in a multi-year venture. (There are currently three separate lawsuits going on: Robson’s, which has been on and off for seven years; Safechuck’s, which has been on and off for six years; and HBO’s, which has been ongoing for over a year. All three have court dates scheduled straight through mid-2021, and likely beyond.) I can’t imagine they also care to throw a million-plus at a project.
    Not to forget the delay of the musical which was supposed to generate some income this year through ticket sales and merch, and probably even a CD.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 423 Posts

Leaving Neverland, Covid-19, those are all excuses for the Estate not doing anything to please the fans. The truth is, last year was Michael away 10th year, and as fans, we need some comfort more than ever, and what have we got? Leaving Neverland, and the Estate puts Bucharest and Wembley concerts 480p DVDrip on YouTube. 2019 would be a totally dull year without the Copenhagen concert.

And this year, because of Covid-19, most people are bored as hell, so again, we need some new footage as excitements more than ever, but all we got is again, Bucharest and Wembley concerts YouTube 480p, and Heal The World Bucharest official edit that looks like a fan edit.

I hope we'd stop thinking of all those excuses, and really make our voice heard. Otherwise we'll just grow old, and all the great footage will rot in the Estate's great vault.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HappyLeeHL For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLeeHL View Post
    Leaving Neverland, Covid-19, those are all excuses for the Estate not doing anything to please the fans. The truth is, last year was Michael away 10th year, and as fans, we need some comfort more than ever, and what have we got? Leaving Neverland, and the Estate puts Bucharest and Wembley concerts 480p DVDrip on YouTube. 2019 would be a totally dull year without the Copenhagen concert.

And this year, because of Covid-19, most people are bored as hell, so again, we need some new footage as excitements more than ever, but all we got is again, Bucharest and Wembley concerts YouTube 480p, and Heal The World Bucharest official edit that looks like a fan edit.

I hope we'd stop thinking of all those excuses, and really make our voice heard. Otherwise we'll just grow old, and all the great footage will rot in the Estate's great vault.
    I wish they would have just uploaded some other 1988 Bad Tour concert instead of Wembley. They could just upload one on Youtube and get some money that way if they are not going to release it on DVD.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I think the HIStory 25 merch is the first “test the waters” move. Better to do it with merch than with a full studio album or a big project that poses a bigger risk of failure. Hopefully there’s some incentive for them.
    Well I can tell you, I won't be buying any t-shirts. I wanted the coaster set, but I simply can't justify being ripped off to the tune of 40 POUNDS for 5 or 6 drinks coasters!

But if they want to release something of content, its a 'shut up and take my money' moment.

I'd legit pay 100 quid for a blu-ray box set of music videos tarted up in some fancy box. Buuuuuuut, I honestly don't think the Estate will ever do this project. For me it's more important than the unreleased music but I just don't see them ever doing it, it just seems too good for them to put their hand to.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The big money is made out of mj one and the likes imo. Ticket sales etc. How much in reality do a few million sales of a new release make for profit?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

C'mon...MJ's Estate has more serious problems to face, than hiding 720p videos on Youtube...
    Probably they consider too expensive/non-convenient this project.
    In my opinion, they should follow what Janet has done on her channel: all videos remastered (no new uploads, views are precious!) with official subtltes.

p.s. still waiting for all MJ TV/one-off performances officially uploaded, like Prince's channel....

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 627 Posts

Personally speaking, I don't see why there is such high demand for remaster of the music videos. Maybe I say that, because I have never been that obsessed with graphics and quality of the video. It doesn't make much difference to me if the video is in 480p or 720p. I rather get some unreleased songs, unreleased rehearsals footage before remaster of the music videos.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJJExpert View Post
    C'mon...MJ's Estate has more serious problems to face, than hiding 720p videos on Youtube...
    Probably they consider too expensive/non-convenient this project.
    MJ fans are really the best fans in the world. We defend and think good of the Estate even though they've done nothing to please us for years.

I always say that the Estate should hire someone like me, who'd do what they supposed to do for free or little money, and would do a much better job than many experts / pros.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLeeHL View Post
    We defend and think good of the Estate even though they've done nothing to please us for years.
    ... uh.