Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    Personally speaking, I don't see why there is such high demand for remaster of the music videos. Maybe I say that, because I have never been that obsessed with graphics and quality of the video. It doesn't make much difference to me if the video is in 480p or 720p. I rather get some unreleased songs, unreleased rehearsals footage before remaster of the music videos.
    I feel the same way about remastering of music videos! I couldn't care less about it!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 770 Posts

Default Re: A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Not to forget the delay of the musical which was supposed to generate some income this year through ticket sales and merch, and probably even a CD.
    it's suppose to come out next year. the virus came on.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I'm getting tired seeing threads about the estate. we can complain all we want but at the end of day nothing gonna happen until we get our voices heard.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 1,594 Posts

They should have released a Birthday concert box with the birthday concert from DWT (Singapore?) and HWT Copenhagen when MJ would have turned 60 years old.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    I'm getting tired seeing threads about the estate. we can complain all we want but at the end of day nothing gonna happen until we get our voices heard.
    Yep, and no matter what the individual opinion on this matter is, I hope people will stop making more and more threads about this. The same topic is being discussed in about half a dozen threads right now.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    Personally speaking, I don't see why there is such high demand for remaster of the music videos. Maybe I say that, because I have never been that obsessed with graphics and quality of the video. It doesn't make much difference to me if the video is in 480p or 720p. I rather get some unreleased songs, unreleased rehearsals footage before remaster of the music videos.
    Michael made films. And he used film cameras. He was attuned to state of the art effects and techniques and demanded the highest standards. His "short films" were only limited by the primary method of distribution - television and VHS. There's no question these videos should be seen in a quality that respects the medium in which they were created - and that future-proofs these precious materials for decades to come. After all, film stock degrades over time and the Estate need to the correct job of archivists in preserving these precious and important works of art while they are in the prime position to do so.

That's of course assuming the original films still exist, have been located, etc.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,154 Posts

This. Film was where MJ’s heart was, especially in his later years. So whatever he got done in that department during his lifetime has to be regarded as part of his core work. They’re not just vehicles to sell the records. In my opinion, getting the short films up to current technical standards has to be top priority in preserving the legacy.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Michael made films. And he used film cameras. He was attuned to state of the art effects and techniques and demanded the highest standards. His "short films" were only limited by the primary method of distribution - television and VHS. There's no question these videos should be seen in a quality that respects the medium in which they were created - and that future-proofs these precious materials for decades to come. After all, film stock degrades over time and the Estate need to the correct job of archivists in preserving these precious and important works of art while they are in the prime position to do so.

That's of course assuming the original films still exist, have been located, etc.
    Really wouldn't surprise me if they haven't looked for them yet.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

wasn't the diamond collection was for his 60th birthday? I think it was a nice idea in my opinion just the picture discs was a bad idea.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    wasn't the diamond collection was for his 60th birthday? I think it was a nice idea in my opinion just the picture discs was a bad idea.
    I liked it, quality control issues aside it was cool and I'm glad I bought it. Nice to have artwork that's massive like that, and they sounded decent for picture discs as well.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,728 Times in 1,720 Posts

I'm disappointed that I missed out on the Diamond Collection package. It looked pretty cool.

Whenever I think about it, I constantly remember Mark Ronson's "Diamonds Are Invincible," which is to say that I don't think about it ever because I don't want to be reminded that that God awful mashup was commissioned by the Estate.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I'm disappointed that I missed out on the Diamond Collection package. It looked pretty cool.

Whenever I think about it, I constantly remember Mark Ronson's "Diamonds Are Invincible," which is to say that I don't think about it ever because I don't want to be reminded that that God awful mashup was commissioned by the Estate.
    Some parts of that were really cool, then the Billie Jean part comes on and I'm like wtf.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

When local record stores started stocking Dangerous and HIStory as separate discs with a price tag of £60 (EACH) I was actually quite glad I bought the box set.

Although I have stated here previously I am only interested in paying high prices for content, rather than fancy packaging, it is a little different for me where vinyl is concerned.

And kudos to the Estate for doing the right thing and refunding the European customers the difference in what was a higher price tag here compared to the US. Really cool move.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 1,594 Posts

When local record stores started stocking Dangerous and HIStory as separate discs with a price tag of £60 (EACH) I was actually quite glad I bought the box set.

Although I have stated here previously I am only interested in paying high prices for content, rather than fancy packaging, it is a little different for me where vinyl is concerned.

And kudos to the Estate for doing the right thing and refunding the European customers the difference in what was a higher price tag here compared to the US. Really cool move.
    Agreed. I am still very sad I did not buy this collection...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Yes, I was really surprised they did that. It was a nice collection, I really should pull it out again at some point haha. Was disappointed that some of the packaging on mine was damaged, and I had to message for ages to get them to send new ones. Even though they refused to send me a new OTW they did replace the other three that were bent. All around I'd say it's nice but qc was off.
    Last edited by SmoothGangsta; 02-07-2020 at 03:54 PM.