Thread: Post Trial Songs (2005-2009)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Default Post Trial Songs (2005-2009)

The songs around this period (such as Dance Is Entertainment, Rocker, Coco Butter) have always interested me because of how mysterious they are.

Do we have any info on the post trial songs? I'd love to hear about them.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 780 Posts

Default Re: Post Trial Songs (2005-2009)

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,726 Posts

Some information I've recently become privy to:

- "Boy No" is similar to "Days in Gloucestershire" and "Beautiful Girl," with touches of "Human Nature," in terms of production, with a great melody. Michael only ever recorded a verse and chorus, so the Estate would need to call in a second singer if they ever wanted to release it, but it's apparently quite beautiful.

- "Rocker" is allegedly the most finished post-trial songs: proper vocals all the way throughout (albeit with a somewhat incoherent lyrical narrative) w/ some screaming in the final leg, guitar solo, etc. Parallels have been drawn between it and "They Don't Care About Us."

- "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It's got a characteristically earworm bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with a quasi-Arabic chorus, and modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked but the chorus is releasable as-is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

- "Remember What I Told You" was recorded around June 19, 2009, and is the last song Michael ever put vocals to. It's reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has a short verse and multi-layered chorus. It can't be finished in the same way "Boy No" could, but perhaps (in the words of the wonderful individual who told me) it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

- There's a song called "She Don't Want Me" that sounds a bit like a modernized "The Way You Make Me Feel." There's only a few lines recorded that presumably would've been the chorus, but the melody is catchy.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Thanks always there. Don’t you think there must have been a finished single ready for release to coincide with the start of This is it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smooth72 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

And what about the will.i.am stuff?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post

- "Boy No" is similar to "Days in Gloucestershire" and "Beautiful Girl," with touches of "Human Nature," in terms of production, with a great melody. Michael only ever recorded a verse and chorus, so the Estate would need to call in a second singer if they ever wanted to release it, but it's apparently quite beautiful.

- "Rocker" is allegedly the most finished post-trial songs: proper vocals all the way throughout (albeit with a somewhat incoherent lyrical narrative) w/ some screaming in the final leg, guitar solo, etc. Parallels have been drawn between it and "They Don't Care About Us."

- "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It's got a characteristically earworm bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with a quasi-Arabic chorus, and modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked but the chorus is releasable as-is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

- "Remember What I Told You" was recorded around June 19, 2009, and is the last song Michael ever put vocals to. It's reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has a short verse and multi-layered chorus. It can't be finished in the same way "Boy No" could, but perhaps (in the words of the wonderful individual who told me) it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

- There's a song called "She Don't Want Me" that sounds a bit like a modernized "The Way You Make Me Feel." There's only a few lines recorded that presumably would've been the chorus, but the melody is catchy.

Thank you so much for this new information AlwaysThere!

I didn't think Michael recorded any new music in May/June 2009. Remember What I Told You would be so interesting to hear Do you have any idea where he might have recorded it? At the Carolwood residence or at a professional recording studio?

When was Boy No recorded? 2007?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 822 Posts

Wow that's some nice info.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    Thanks always there. Don’t you think there must have been a finished single ready for release to coincide with the start of This is it?
    Not sure! Since Michael was going to go with the gradual single release model, I think he would've spent his downtime between shows working on music.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek1984 View Post
    And what about the will.i.am stuff?
    Absolutely no clue about this. will.i.am said that they finished two songs, so that's what I'd assume is true.

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Thank you so much for this new information AlwaysThere!

I didn't think Michael recorded any new music in May/June 2009. Remember What I Told You would be so interesting to hear Do you have any idea where he might have recorded it? At the Carolwood residence or at a professional recording studio?

When was Boy No recorded? 2007?
    Not sure when "Boy No" was recorded sadly -- I'll see if I can find out!

"Remember What I Told You" was apparently recorded in a sound truck parked outside the Staples Center, at some point during between rehearsals. I'd absolutely LOVE to listen to it. There were some songs tracked at the Carolwood residence though -- to my understanding, "Water" (the real one, not the Cascio one) was done there.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 780 Posts

Will.I.am said he not gonna release those two songs because he want to respect Michael privacy.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

OMG. This is the hottest post on this forum since the announcement of XSCAPE imo.
    Thank you so incredibly much. I need to listen to them so badly. The estate really have to release something in the very near future or I will go crazy lol. But I am little bit confused about „Remember What I Told You“. Someone on this forum told me a few months ago that this one and „Adore You“, „Rocker“ and „Water“ are all fully finished vocally. So that’s a bit confusing to me right now. Maybe you can ask your new source about Adore You and Water for me? 🙏
    Again thank you so so much

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mjfan_93 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Interesting stuff. Hopefully we get hear these one day. Thanks for sharing!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AmitLal92 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Will.I.am said he not gonna release those two songs because he want to respect Michael privacy.
    Didn't he try to put I'm Dreamin' on his Willpower album though?

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddlicious View Post
    Didn't he try to put I'm Dreamin' on his Willpower album though?
    He did yeah.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,638 Posts

This is the best post on here in a while, I knew absolutely nothing of this. Awesome awesome stuff. Hope we hear it one day!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

No mention of "adore you"? I guess it is from before 2005. It is supposed to be pretty close to completion too.

Water, rocker could get finished if what you say is true

I hope the others you mentioned surface in some rappers song as a chorus or something one day.

Speaking of the Drake song "don't matter to me" of what song is that MJ vocal from?