Were Wembley '92 and Buenos Aires '93 best shows from Dangerous Tour?

MJJExpert

Proud Member
Just looking at the energy, the perfect motion, the absolute self-consciouness on stage....Michael was literally on fire! (especially in Buenos Aires show, considering all problems he was facing at that time...)

JAM - WEMBLEY 1992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSeKsnXbZJ0

BILLIE JEAN - BUENOS AIRES 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLCQspYjB4w

For Dangerous30th, MJ's Estate should release, at least, Bucharest on YouTube, song by song, as Queen Productions has done with all their concerts.
This can get easy revenue for further projects and improve Michael's legacy among YouTube users.

p.s. a BluRay from Bucharest would be appreciated too, of course.

p.p.s we all want a new, unseen, Dangerous Tour concert to see but it could be too expensive/non-convenient for MJ's Estate to release, considering that Bucharest is still available on DVD. Something like Bucharest on BluRay would be better than nothing...

Oslo is my favorite. I don't think Buenos Aures 93 is one of the best. Michael was sad during the show and he doesn't have the same energy he had in 92. I don't think they would release Bucharest on Blu-Ray. It wasn't shot on film so it can't be HD. Also the concert is on Youtube right now.

Bucharest is miles above Buenos Aires imo. In fact I think Bucharest is better than almost all the leaked Dangerous concerts, except for Copenhagen. The best concert i've seen thus far is the amature video of the 2nd night in Monza, Italy.

Honestly, none of the third leg shows are that good to me. Knowing what Michael was going through at the time, I get uncomfortable watching. Sure, he put on a show as always, but it’s just like how some fans can’t watch This Is It: it’s just too painful.

I have zero interest in concerts, but if I were to get one, I’d want the very first show in Munich. It’s the only show where WBSS and Beat It are performed in their original keys.

Oslo is my favorite. I don't think Buenos Aures 93 is one of the best. Michael was sad during the show and he doesn't have the same energy he had in 92. I don't think they would release Bucharest on Blu-Ray. It wasn't shot on film so it can't be HD. Also the concert is on Youtube right now.

Oslo has no fashion: too much daylights ruin all light tricks & effects.

Watch at JAM in Buenos Aires:

Michael was super-energetic: a lot of sidewalks, even a toe-stand and less walkarounds.

Bucharest was sold to HBO (...) and to a lot of TVs around the world. They have, for sure, the original mastertapes which can be easily transferred to BluRay, without any particular high costs.

p.s. Bucharest is on MJ's channel but not song-by-song, and it was hidden for years before Estate decided to unblock it due to pandemic lockdown...

Bucharest was sold to HBO (...) and to a lot of TVs around the world. They have, for sure, the original mastertapes which can be easily transferred to BluRay, without any particular high costs.

Wrong. Concerts that were recorded on tape CAN NOT be transferred to HD. You can upscale the footage, but it will not be enough to achieve the true high definition.

The 93 shows weren't that great (By Michael's standards) and because of what he was going through at the time, it's very understandable why that was the case. Oslo 1992 is my favourite. Mainly because it has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the show, but that concert had tons of technical issues.

I'm really interesting in seeing Munich 1992 in full. In that show Michael wore the black and gold outfit for Jam, Wanna Be Startin Somethin was sung in it's original key, the first verse of Smooth Criminal was sung live. Plus Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel was in that show.

Last edited:
The best show in 1993 has to be one with Man In the Mirror. I'm also interested in seeing the Birthday concert in Singapore.

The best show in 1992 probably is one with TWYMMF& Bad. Oslo is a really fantastic show, and I don't think Munich can beat that, because Munich has more technical issues. A combination edit of the two Monza concerts would be great to watch.

I really do like the Copenhagen concert. - Maybe because I'm from Denmark, so it is a little special.

That concert is just great in so many ways.

Would be great to see one of the Tokyo 92 concerts. The Way You Make Me Feel performance we have is good.

1993 shows weren’t on the same level as the 1992 shows level. But I love the performance of Dangerous from the 93 shows. I prefer that performance of Dangerous over the later performances that featured a pointless snippet from Smooth Criminal.

I love the 93 performances of Dangerous because it includes the ''I cannot sleep alone at night'' part of the song.

And I wonder why the magic trick at the end of Thriller was abandoned for the 93 shows.

Last edited:
Oslo has no fashion: too much daylights ruin all light tricks & effects.

Watch at JAM in Buenos Aires:

Michael was super-energetic: a lot of sidewalks, even a toe-stand and less walkarounds.

p.s. Bucharest is on MJ's channel but not song-by-song, and it was hidden for years before Estate decided to unblock it due to pandemic lockdown...

The master tapes are not in HD. Not everything can be released in HD. The concert wasn't shot on film like the short films. Those could be released in 4K.

AlwaysThere;4296046 said:
I have zero interest in concerts, but if I were to get one, I’d want the very first show in Munich. It’s the only show where WBSS and Beat It are performed in their original keys.

WBSS was also performed in the original key in the first Rotterdam show, on June 30th.

dethorro;4296171 said:
WBSS was also performed in the original key in the first Rotterdam show, on June 30th.
It was also performed in the original key for the rest of the concerts until Oslo, along with Beat It ;)

Wembley looks fantastic, and I would love to watch the concert that the Jam performance is apart of (looks like the most energetic DWT show yet), but for now, Copenhagen, to me, is the best DWT show I have watched yet. Buenos Aires is at the bottom of the list, under the other 92 shows that I have watched. I’m sorry, but I just enjoy 92 more than 93 (the circumstances are understandable though). I only like 93 for Dangerous performances.

It was also performed in the original key for the rest of the concerts until Oslo, along with Beat It ;)

No, he sang WBSS in the original key in Munich and in the first Rotterdam show. He then lowered it half a step for the next 6(?) shows and then lowered it another half a step.
Beat It was only performed in the original key in Munich, as far as I know. :)

OSLO 1992 is one of the most overrated show in MJ's leak history. Fans were too excited to see Bad 1992 in full and they didn't realize it was a very poor show, totally ruined by daylights, which compromised all the "magic" in a Michael Jackson show.
Plus there were a lot of malfunctions, even with the band. MJ didn't even get to to throw his hat to the audience at the end of Billie Jean! C'mon...
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm3txnbKH4

Anyway this topic was about to check which show could be the best for 1992 leg and which one for the 1993 part.
It's not a comparison between 1992 and 1993, of course.

Was there ever a Dangerous concert shot on film in full? We know that the Bad tour and the Victory Tour were.

OSLO 1992 is one of the most overrated show in MJ's leak history. Fans were too excited to see Bad 1992 in full and they didn't realize it was a very poor show, totally ruined by daylights, which compromised all the "magic" in a Michael Jackson show.
Plus there were a lot of malfunctions, even with the band. MJ didn't even get to to throw his hat to the audience at the end of Billie Jean! C'mon...
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm3txnbKH4

Anyway this topic was about to check which show could be the best for 1992 leg and which one for the 1993 part.
It's not a comparison between 1992 and 1993, of course.

Do you notice how often he is trying not to laugh too much at the mistakes. I like that, it's better to laugh than to get angry

The skeletons for Thriller shouldn't have been used in Oslo 1992.

No, he sang WBSS in the original key in Munich and in the first Rotterdam show. He then lowered it half a step for the next 6(?) shows and then lowered it another half a step.
Beat It was only performed in the original key in Munich, as far as I know. :)
Well, all I know is that WBSS and Beat It in Munich, Rotterdam, Rome, Monza, Cologne, and Oslo sound different than they do in Copenhagen and Bremen

Was there ever a Dangerous concert shot on film in full? We know that the Bad tour and the Victory Tour were.

To me it's always the same matter: each show was shot on film, for each camera on stage BUT we (=Estate) don't know where are ALL original tapes. They could have "in stock" Black or white from one angle of Munich + a snippet of Beat It from Wembley + full Man in the mirror from Monza (but with poor audio).
With this "archive" it's very hard either to pull together a promotional clip (and not counting all the audio-sync issues without any proper soundboard sources...)
That's ONE of the MAIN reasons we are not getting any official video release since ages...

To me it's always the same matter: each show was shot on film, for each camera on stage BUT we (=Estate) don't know where are ALL original tapes. They could have "in stock" Black or white from one angle of Munich + a snippet of Beat It from Wembley + full Man in the mirror from Monza (but with poor audio).
With this "archive" it's very hard either to pull together a promotional clip (and not counting all the audio-sync issues without any proper soundboard sources...)
That's ONE of the MAIN reasons we are not getting any official video release since ages...

You are wrong or you aren't using the right terms. Every concert is on tape not film. Bad Tour concerts for example were shot on u-matic tapes. Similar to vhs. The video that was shown on the big screens was recorded on a tape. Estate should have most of them. Only some concerts were shot on 35mm film. Like movies. Those could be released in HD on Blu-Ray if they found all the film reels.

Last edited:
AlwaysThere;4296046 said:

analogue;4296057 said:
I'm really interesting in seeing Munich 1992 in full. In that show Michael wore the black and gold outfit for Jam, Wanna Be Startin Somethin was sung in it's original key, the first verse of Smooth Criminal was sung live. Plus Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel was in that show.

It is very unlikely that the first Dangerous Munich concert will get a release because it has many issues, primarily technical ones.

For example, Michael Jackson’s microphones had some serious problems during that show.

The microphones of his backing singers had problems, too, at certain points of that show.

Also, Michael Jackson found it very difficult to sing the ‘Beat It’ song in the original key, to the point where he vocally almost ruins the song.

He also missed a lot of cues during that show.

Michael Jackson after that first Munich show was not satisfied with the overall performance, and he and his production team sat down, re-watched the entire show (from different video angles) and they corrected many of these issues for the subsequent shows.

It is very unlikely that the first Dangerous Munich concert will get a release because it has many issues, primarily technical ones.
Yeah, Munich is overrated. Lots of mistakes that night.

I always say, if they can edit Monza both nights (like 30th Anniversary MSG concerts), it would make a great release.

Just hope for a BAD or DWT concert release in HD.

I actually like the daylight aspect of Oslo. MJ's gigs are usually just copy and paste, so it was nice to have something that looked different.

Back