Bloopers at Michael Jackson concerts

analogue

Proud Member
1. Oslo 1992 has a ton of them. Playback fail at the beginning of Jam, the band starting late on Human Nature, the bass for Billie Jean coming in late. And a few more I didn't mention

2. Prague 1996 had some. Michael couldn't get his leg armor off in time for WBSS so he had to perform the song with the leg armor on. The intro for Beat It went on too long and you can hear Michael say ''Come on Brad!''

3. At Royal Brunei 1996 the band messes up during the final dance routine for Smooth Criminal and Michael forgets some of the lyrics to Beat It

4. Playback fail for Scream at Brunei 1996, so Michael was forced to sing the first verse live

If anyone can name anymore, please list them.

1. Royal Brunei 1996. He forgets the lyrics during Beat It.

2. Helsinki 1997. Michael's wedding ring slips off his finger during Wanna Be Starting Somethin. It happens when the songs starts again after the pause.

-Kansas 1988: Michael zipped up his pants in the middle of “Another Part Of Me”, it was slightly undone.

The curtains falls on MJ during Billie Jean in Seoul 99.

MJ's glasses falls of from him during the "staredown" before Jam in Moscow 1993.

There used to be a video on YouTube of all the ones from MSG 2001 but I can't find it any longer. All in all that show seemed like it was great with a couple spotty moments, I've watch both the broadcast and the amateur footage from September 7th and there's things I like from each show.

The "dance" at the end of the first night is so cute and I love MJ's live vocals for YRMW there.

I don't know if this counts as a blooper, but I find it funny: Michael loses his ring during WBSS in Helsinki 1997. (4:26) :laughing:

Bucharest 1996 - Billie Jean playback starts too late so the band has to work around it.

Moscow 1996 - the curtain mechanism fails and the curtain remains there for most of the Smooth Criminal performance, being propped up by members of the crew.

Seoul 1996 - MJ misses the drill choreography before TDCAU, and a fan climbs the cherry picker during Earth Song.

Kaohsiung 1996 - MJ slips on the floor during TWYMMF

Hockenheim 1997 - MJ messes up the Beat It choreography, forcing him to improvise the end dance.

Ostend 1997 - the playback on Dangerous doesn’t start, meaning MJ has to catch up with his live vocals

Just a few HIStory Tour fails off the top of my head :)

Seoul 1996 - MJ misses the drill choreography before TDCAU, and a fan climbs the cherry picker during Earth Song.

That fan was badass. XD Someone should find that guy and interview him, for real.

Some other ones I can think of:
- There was a HIStory Tour concert where Michael wasn't fully secure for the lean during Smooth Criminal and ended up falling. I think it might've been in Japan, and it was from an amateur recording.
- There's a Dangerous Tour show where the toaster screwed up so instead of "toasting" up like normal, Michael kinda just slowly rises up from under the stage while crouched down.
- At the Dangerous Tour Moscow show (I think it was Moscow), the stage was wet which caused Michael to slide a lot more than usual. I think he was pissed about it lol.

- There's a Dangerous Tour show where the toaster screwed up so instead of "toasting" up like normal, Michael kinda just slowly rises up from under the stage while crouched down.

Oh yeah, I remember that. :lmao:

- At the Dangerous Tour Moscow show (I think it was Moscow), the stage was wet which caused Michael to slide a lot more than usual. I think he was pissed about it lol.

He was definitely pissed. :D Angry MJ is kinda hot though. :blush: :devil:

Did MJ ever find his wedding ring, though? It looked so funny, but now I can’t stop thinking about it. He doesn’t seem to wear it at the shows after Helsinki, but hopefully that’s only to make sure he’s not going to lose it again. Please someone tell me he found it, so I can sleep tonight. :eek:

At Munich 1992 the playback failed for Smooth Criminal and Michael had to sing the first verse live.

MJ fell right before the Thriller choreography in Basel 97 and got right back up :laughing:

- The famous "Brad what are you gonna do" blooper at Royal Brunei during the performance of I just Can't Stop Loving You.
- There was a concert during History Tour in Sweden (I think), where the playback for Scream doesn't play until the second verse. During the first verse, you hear absolutely nothing.
- During the 2002 Bandstand performance of Dangerous, there was brief moment where Michael's mic was switched on and you could hear him sing live.

In the Gothenburg HIStory concert, the playback failed to start and also his microphone was off during the first lines of ‘Scream’.

In the Gelsenkirchen HIStory concert, there was a tear in his pants while he was on the ‘Beat It’ crane, which made some fans (who noticed that) laugh.

In the Prague HIStory concert, he did not realize that his microphone was on and he uttered a word that was not meant to be heard live at the very beginning of ‘Scream’.

In the Munich HIStory concert, one of his backing dancers accidentally reveals the trick of the ‘Smooth Criminal’ lean (the triangular slot in the shoe’s heel that was hooked onto a metallic peg).

In the Vienna HIStory concert, the ‘You Are Not Alone’ girl fainted in his arms.

In another HIStory concert, the ‘You Are Not Alone’ girl acted very inappropriately when she started kissing his crotch area, and Michael Jackson got so embarrassed that he immediately called one of his bodyguards to take her away.

mj_frenzy;4296387 said:
In another HIStory concert, the ‘You Are Not Alone’ girl acted very inappropriately when she started kissing his crotch area, and Michael Jackson got so embarrassed that he immediately called one of his bodyguards to take her away.
:rofl:

mj_frenzy;4296387 said:

Did she unzip his pants before?:D

Which concert was it, do you remember?

Auckland, first night: At the end of BJ Michael didn't stop to dance, so the chorus kicked in to remind him.

Auckland, first night: At the end of BJ Michael didn't stop to dance, so the chorus kicked in to remind him.

Has this ever happened at any of the other History shows? I love this, but not sure why they thought they should cut him from his dance breakdown?

Has this ever happened at any of the other History shows? I love this, but not sure why they thought they should cut him from his dance breakdown?

Maybe the show needed to end at some specific time and the city or someone didn't allow much overtime.

ScreenOrigami;4296362 said:
Did MJ ever find his wedding ring, though? It looked so funny, but now I can’t stop thinking about it. He doesn’t seem to wear it at the shows after Helsinki, but hopefully that’s only to make sure he’s not going to lose it again. Please someone tell me he found it, so I can sleep tonight. :eek:

This! night you can sleep(y) - he picked it up at about 4:56 and wore it again.

FlyMeToTheMoon;4296480 said:
This! night you can sleep(y) - he picked it up at about 4:56 and wore it again.

Oh, you’re right! It really looks like he’s picking it up right there. Thank you! :D

For most of the time in an (amateur video) HIStory tour concert, the curtain doesn't get pulled up in time, and they just perform it anyways.
(The stage crew is trying to fix the curtain)

Maybe the show needed to end at some specific time and the city or someone didn't allow much overtime.

No, the fail here is that the chorus playback started playing, maybe brad pressed a wrong button accidentally. And then the backup singers have to sing along with the playback all the way to the end of the song, even the playback stopped soon after the band realized the mistake.

No one dared to cut MJ from dancing, especially the ending of Billie Jean.

Back