Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jackson

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jackson

Paris has made tweets which can easily be interpreted as she is in favor of separating the art from the artist, which would include Michael Jackson.

Your thoughts on this? I dont like it.

Last edited by Lightbringer; 03-07-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default Re: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Paris is obviously in favor of separating the art from the artist, also with Michael Jackson.

Your thoughts on this? I dont like it.

She’s comparing Disney to Sia here, not MJ. But this only proves how easily her tweets can be taken out of context.

Poor old Walt wasn’t even an anti-semite, btw. There’s no proof whatsoever for this accusation.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    She’s comparing Disney to Sia here, not MJ. But this only proves how easily her tweets can be taken out of context.

Poor old Walt wasn’t even an anti-semite, btw. There’s no proof whatsoever for this accusation.
    Her statement goes both ways, it definitely can be interpreted both ways. The disney comparison can easily be linked to Michael. And if she does not mean that, she should not have posted it. Just the type of thing MJ-haters can save and gossip about forever.
    Last edited by Lightbringer; 03-07-2020 at 01:38 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,049 Posts

We already have a thread for this which is her thread. guys stop harassing Paris if you don't agree with her. I don't agree with everything she say and do but let it go.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Like she said this will to will pass.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    We already have a thread for this which is her thread. guys stop harassing Paris if you don't agree with her. I don't agree with everything she say and do but let it go.
    I am not harassing her. If I wanted to harass her I would be going on twitter or instagram shouting at her, which I dont. I still think its a clumsy thing to say, her statement on disney can be used for Michael as well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Like she said this will to will pass.
    Nothing would pass if the fans weren’t tirelessly working to expose the accusers’ lies. Just imagine the fans hadn’t put in the work after LN and where we would be now.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Yep, in context it's quite clear. I'm wondering if twitter's messy structure contributes to such misunderstandings (that one tweet in itself would be indeed easy to misinterpret).

Her statement goes both ways, it definitely can be interpreted both ways. The disney comparison can easily be linked to Michael. And if she does not mean that, she should not have posted it. Just the type of thing MJ-haters can save and gossip about forever.
    I don't think she meant it that way, she's just not very good at expressing herself sometimes (seems to be a family characteristic ). The Disney reference is more like a common misconception people bring out these days to illustrate the separate-the-art-from-the-artist question, I doubt it has anything to do with MJ liking him.

Having said that, Paris should have stayed out of this mess, but I don't think we should see too much into her superficial tweets.

Nothing would pass if the fans weren’t tirelessly working to expose the accusers’ lies. Just imagine the fans hadn’t put in the work after LN and where we would be now.
    Yep. Imagine if fans just "relaxed" and let the worst case scenario happen: MJ would be erased by now from history (literally). It could have affected the outcome of R&S's lawsuit, the income of the Estate, and Paris wouldn't be given opportunities now either (and Sia wouldn't be trying to kiss her bottom).
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,671 Times in 1,058 Posts

Well I suppose, she may have naivety like her dad. I don’t get why people say Walt Disney is “anti-Semitic”, they’re just a bunch of idiots calling him that out of hatred and spite just like that idiot Sia is still now.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Never heard of this person called Sia in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Sia,whoever she is
    The funny thing is she could gain a massive supporter base in the MJ fandom if she apologised for last year and showed genuine care for Paris. That could be also a way to use the Jacksons for PR of course, but at least with a positive outcome. What she actually did was so creepy it may alienate others as well if they learn about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Well I suppose, she may have naivety like her dad.
    Yep, and that's the main concern here, we just don't want to witness history repeating itself. :/

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    The funny thing is she could gain a massive supporter base in the MJ fandom.
    This is the part I’ll never understand. If you’re a musician, wouldn’t you be dreaming of having MJ’s gigantic global fan base supporting you? I mean, seriously, any artist who shows MJ some love, and be it just a tweet, will definitely be on the list of artists whose work we’re going to check out and – if it’s any good – support by either listening to it ourselves or recommend it to someone who may like it. Such a super easy way to get one’s name out there.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

This person is in the circle that mandatorily promoted LN. I think they really believed MJ didn't have supporters anymore and would be cancelled anyway (as the MSM and Oprah said to). I guess they continue to reinforce their beliefs to this day in their bubble.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    This person is in the circle that mandatorily promoted LN. I think they really believed MJ didn't have supporters anymore and would be cancelled anyway (as the MSM and Oprah said to). I guess they continue to reinforce their beliefs to this day in their bubble.
    That’s very likely he case, although this line of thinking is completely incomprehensible to any rational observer.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I don't agree with her approach and don't think we should treat statements like those coming from Sia as just a difference in opinion. It may seem like we're "obsessed", but if people didn't call out every instance of those falsehoods the only thing that reached mainstream would be the massive media campaigh to paint MJ as guilty. If people didn't fight tirelessly after LN was released the public would just blindly accept every lie those frauds spew and the false narrative of MJ's accusers would just become a common knowledge. Some people are lazy, don't have enough interest and time or are just too accustomed to the opinion formed by major media outlets to ever look for the truth themselves. If they won't see those falsehoods opposed they'll continue to blindly accept them as truth.
    Having said that, I don't believe I'm in any position to criticise Paris. Being just a fan I have no idea what it's like to be MJ's daughter and having to endure attacks on her and her family. Maybe she genuinely believes it's for the best, maybe it's a defense mechanism she developed after years of having to put up with people slandering her father. I may not think her approach to lies about MJ is effective, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna question her love for MJ. And speaking of effectiveness, criticising her on twitter won't bring any good. It just further pushes her towards snakes like Sia.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mechaspiderman For This Useful Post: