Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jackson

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 544 Posts

Default Re: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    You often take a righteous and know-it-all stance, and generalize people into one category, and I'm a bit tired of being scorned about things I never said or done. The fans aren't the Borg to think all alike, so it would be nice if you could differentiate between unacceptable behavior towards Paris (which is very disappointing indeed and deserves disapproval) and genuine concern/questions. Plus, I don't see how discussing a complicated topic and asking questions about it can harm anyone, I actually think the opposite: it's discouraging people from talking things over plus oversimplification that doesn't help.

And yes, I've seen the posts here that were indeed disrespectful, and I thank you for deleting them. But others don't deserve to be put in the same category because of that.

I think I was clear in my posts that I don't condemn Paris for the situation, I'm just confused and can't understand her reaction, that's why I'm asking questions. I know her explanation about "keeping your serenity", but my incomprehension isn't about that part. I never expected her to fight anyone, like I said multiple times already I'm actually quite happy if she (and her siblings) can stay out of this mess as much as possible. There seemed to be a silent agreement that Taj and Brandi (and the fans, may I add) fight LN on public platforms, while PPB are doing their things and “keep their serenity”, and it was a great solution and worked very well (and most people accepted it IMO).

I think what some of us feel now is that Paris sort of broke this status quo by publicly acknowledging Sia, and this is what’s confusing. You may say she just wanted to act kindly, and that’s fine, but why didn’t she respond to Darren Hayes’s message too then? The one she chose to interact with was a silly one-liner where her name could be replaced by anyone, while Hayes sent a heartfelt, personal message and he’s obviously genuinely interested in what The Soundflowers could offer to the public (and no, I don’t want to dictate what message she should reply to, I just don’t get it, and see it very contradictory).

And please don’t act like there’s nothing strange in liking someone’s posts who disrespects her family, including TJ, whom she acknowledged just some days ago as a father figure. BTW she liked that particular post too – obviously not because she agreed with it, most probably she only read it superficially (there was a mandatory suck-up for her at the end as a bait), as she later unliked it. So that’s how attentive she handled the case, but I guess dropping commonplaces about love&peace unquestionably makes you deep and above material things (which brings us back to square one, haha: why acknowledge a worldy flattery then?).

And one more thing: I think those had her best interest in mind in this situation who tried to warn Paris (including her own cousins, not just strangers like fans), instead of just standing by. I might be wrong with this opinion (I wish I am actually, because if the concerns are real things can get an ugly turn in the future), but it doesn’t make those intentions any less good than yours (like you don’t know Paris or where she is “on her path” ATM any better than others here either).

I bring this here from the "Jackson Discussion/Picture Thread Part II thread" not to derail that topic:

That’s all very nice and I couldn’t agree more. If only it was applied to MJ as well here.
    For goodness sake, that wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by BadAlicia View Post
    It's funny my posts were removed. Can't I write my honest opinion? If it would be LaToya I think it wouldn't be issue. But if it is Paris then you cannot say anything. I hate that I cannot express myself and just to criticise actions that should be criticised... And I hate that constructive criticism is taken as a hate
    When your "honest opinion" is disrespectful, no. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just ignorant and rude. Disrespecting Michael's children is against forum rules.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    For goodness sake, that wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.
    And I guess my problem is exactly this generalisation instead of discussing the questions actually raised.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,483 Posts

Here’s a constructive criticism of the discussion culture on this board in general: I think, beginning posts with phrases like “LOL” or “for goodness sake” doesn’t really help to establish a baseline of respect that’s required to tackle uncomfortable subjects within the community. I frequently see topics completely being blown out of proportion because of a lack of respect for one another.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    And I guess my problem is exactly this generalisation instead of discussing the questions actually raised.
    I've already stated my thoughts about this entire situation. Paris said separate the art from the artist. It's good advice. Paris isn't like the fans who have a hate list for everyone who says shit about MJ. She chooses to rise above and see the bigger picture.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

When your "honest opinion" is disrespectful, no. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just ignorant and rude. Disrespecting Michael's children is against forum rules.
    I was not disrespectful by saying she shouldn't do things like she does. Like posting on a Father's Day only about Tj and allow then media make an article how she ignores her father in a post when Prince posts that MJ is a father figure for him and shows his love and respect for him on every step. She shouldn't be nice to people like Sia who supported LN when Brandi, Taj and fans are fighting against this kind of people. And saying that we should separate MJ as a performer and human give weapon for his haters same like LaToya words from 80's.

Additionally I wrote about this what Paris said, that she dated a man with a vagina:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...276.html%3famp

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/paris-jac...2Ho71ki7Z2vuE_

I really doubt that MJ who was such a gentleman and never discussed his private life would be happy to see this kind of statements from his own daughter. He was as well against using drugs but Paris uses them daily. And I think this kind of controversial articles are the last thing needed to be attached to MJ's name. Instead they just make general public to think MJ was weird so his kids are same.

And I showed Lisa Marie's example. She had difficulty dealing with a death of Elvis as well, she used some drugs but in the end she came clean and stabile and kept showing love and respect to her father in every step and takes care of his name and still is her own being and has her own music.

And I said that Prince is a great son of his father, down to the Earth, always respectful and showing love to his father and just bringing positively to Jackson last name and showing by his own actions what a great father he had. And instead of controversial headlines he focuses on helping people and is not friendly with the people who attacks his father. But compered to Paris he is not seeking fame and carrier in the show business.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Here’s a constructive criticism of the discussion culture on this board in general: I think, beginning posts with phrases like “LOL” or “for goodness sake” doesn’t really help to establish a baseline of respect that’s required to tackle uncomfortable subjects within the community. I frequently see topics completely being blown out of proportion because of a lack of respect for one another.
    Staff members are not robots. We have emotions such as exasperation that will sometimes be expressed. It has nothing to do with lack of respect.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Staff members are not robots. We have emotions such as exasperation that will sometimes be expressed. It has nothing to do with lack of respect.
    I explicitly said that this is criticism in general, not directed at you specifically. I’m using examples from this thread to illustrate my point.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I was not disrespectful by saying she shouldn't do things like she does. Like posting on a Father's Day only about Tj and allow then media make an article how she ignores her father in a post when Prince posts that MJ is a father figure for him and shows his love and respect for him on every step. She shouldn't be nice to people like Sia who supported LN when Brandi, Taj and fans are fighting against this kind of people. And saying that we should separate MJ as a performer and human give weapon for his haters same like LaToya words from 80's.

Additionally I wrote about this what Paris said, that she dated a man with a vagina:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...276.html%3famp

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/paris-jac...2Ho71ki7Z2vuE_

I really doubt that MJ who was such a gentleman and never discussed his private life would be happy to see this kind of statements from his own daughter. He was as well against using drugs but Paris uses them daily. And I think this kind of controversial articles are the last thing needed to be attached to MJ's name. Instead they just make general public to think MJ was weird so his kids are same.

And I showed Lisa Marie's example. She had difficulty dealing with a death of Elvis as well, she used some drugs but in the end she came clean and stabile and kept showing love and respect to her father in every step and takes care of his name and still is her own being and has her own music.

And I said that Prince is a great son of his father, down to the Earth, always respectful and showing love to his father and just bringing positively to Jackson last name and showing by his own actions what a great father he had. And instead of controversial headlines he focuses on helping people and is not friendly with the people who attacks his father. But compered to Paris he is not seeking fame and carrier in the show business.
    Do you know why Paris smokes weed? Because it helps with her depression, anxiety and PTSD. It was prescribed. I think it's hilarious that people have such a problem with a plant, yet are perfectly okay with people who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes—two things which are actually toxic to the human body. And sorry to burst your bubble, but MJ wasn't against drugs. He smoked weed. This has been confirmed by multiple people, including Paris herself. And let's be honest, weed was probably the safest drug that MJ took. I'm not talking about recreational drugs, the ones he chose to medicate himself with.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I explicitly said that this is criticism in general, not directed at you specifically. I’m using examples from this thread to illustrate my point.
    You used examples of things that I said, but sure. My point still stands.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

You used examples of things that I said, but sure. My point still stands.
    That’s why they’re examples, as in “things that someone actually said”, and I used recent ones instead of scrolling back to wherever. It wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Do you know why Paris smokes weed? Because it helps with her depression, anxiety and PTSD. I think it's hilarious that people have such a problem with a plant, yet are perfectly okay with people who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes—two things which are actually toxic to the human body. And sorry to burst your bubble, but MJ wasn't against drugs. He smoked weed. This has been confirmed by multiple people, including Paris herself. And let's be honest, weed was probably the safest drug that MJ took. I'm not talking about other recreational drugs, the ones he chose to medicate himself with.
    Smoking weed is only recommended for the patients in a pain while fighting cancer and serious sickness not to fight depression and I am saying this as a student of medical faculty(radiology). To fight depression there are pills for that not weed that can damage brain cells and is a drug.

Smoking cigarettes is bad for lungs but at least it is not a drug and Paris not only smokes weed but as well cigarettes.

Alcohol in a moderation is not bad, for example a glass of a red wine is sometimes recommended for a blood pressure.

And please don't compare 2 serious sickness plus 2 serious injuries of MJ to Paris's depression. Otherwise we all could easily in a bad moment of a life start using drugs because we all have difficult periods but compared to Paris if I come to work after smoking weed I could be fired and my explanation that I have depression wouldn't help to convince my employer.

And not to mention things that Paris keep saying about her sexuality when MJ when asked if he was a virgin said very shy he is gentleman. For sure he was not going to Media to say he slept with a woman with a penis and in how many relationships he has been in the age of 22. At this age he was busy becoming great artists and thinking how to help others.

I really love how Prince handles "Heal" foundation and how he made a news by giving free meals for homeless, he counties to carry on his father's mission and just brings positive energy to Jackson's last name compered to Paris who has no issue being friendly with people who supported LN and attacks her family.

For me Prince and Bigi rise above mess that media and other celebrities do not Paris who seems ok with them and giving them additional weapon by ignoring her own father on a Father's day or saying we should separate MJ performer and human.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Smoking weed is only recommended for the patients in a pain while fighting cancer and serious sickness not to fight depression and I am saying this as a student of medical faculty(radiology). To fight depression there are pills for that not weed that can damage brain cells and is a drug.

Smoking cigarettes is bad for lungs but at least it is not a drug and Paris not only smokes weed but as well cigarettes.

Alcohol in a moderation is not bad, for example a glass of a red wine is sometimes recommended for a blood pressure.

And please don't compare 2 serious sickness plus 2 serious injuries of MJ to Paris's depression. Otherwise we all could easily in a bad moment of a life start using drugs because we all have difficult periods but compared to Paris if I come to work after smoking weed I could be fired and my explanation that I have depression wouldn't help to convince my employer.

And not to mention things that Paris keep saying about her sexuality when MJ when asked if he was a virgin said very shy he is gentleman. For sure he was not going to Media to say he slept with a woman with a penis and in how many relationships he has been in the age of 22. At this age he was busy becoming great artists and thinking how to help others.

I really love how Prince handles "Heal" foundation and how he made a news by giving free meals for homeless, he counties to carry on his father's mission and just brings positive energy to Jackson's last name compered to Paris who has no issue being friendly with people who supported LN and attacks her family.

For me Prince and Bigi rise above mess that media and other celebrities do not Paris who seems ok with them and giving them additional weapon by ignoring her own father on a Father's day or saying we should separate MJ performer and human.
    I have plenty of personal experience with antidepressants, they have all kinds of nasty side effects. Some of which can even kill you or lead to suicide. And they don't even work for some people. Marijuana is a recognised treatment now in many places for various mental health disorders which doctors themselves can prescribe instead of pills.
    Don't act like mental illness is somehow less than physical illness. Paris tried to kill herself.

And sexuality is not something that needs to be hidden away or kept secret. This is not the 1800s.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I have plenty of personal experience with antidepressants, they have all kinds of nasty side effects. Some of which can even kill you or lead to suicide. And they don't even work for some people. Marijuana is a recognised treatment now in many places for various mental health disorders which doctors themselves can prescribe instead of pills.

And sexuality is not something that needs to be hidden away or kept secret. This is not the 1800s.
    Maybe in US but I am from Europe and here people don't drug themselves so easily like in US. And still weed can damage brain cells and I know a guy who because of smoking weed had issue to graduate from school so don't tell me it is good to smoke weed not to mention side effects like slow or issue with talking, slower thinking and many many others.

I am so sorry but still talking about your sexuality and sexual life is so classless and I am sorry but it has nothing to do with being in this or previous century. Madonna used to be same as Paris and MJ couldn't stand her. And speaking just in the age of 22 in how many relationships someone has been and that this person dated a man with a vagina is for sure not classy and can be seen. And I don't understand why someone who wants to be taken seriously needs to talk about her sexual life.. Isn't it better to focus on work and keep private life private and not to bring unnecessary attention to Jackson's last name by controversial articles and interviews? MJ was trying his best to keep his life and life of his kids private and hated when in the interviews instead of being asked about his art and work was all the time asked about his sexuality or gossips, but his own daughter doesn't have issue with that, she enjoys it...

And Prince is the one that helps people and continues mission of his father and his values and shows love and respect to him on every step and brings nothing but a positive energy to Jackson's last name and is not friendly with people who supports LN or attacks his family.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

And please don't tell me smoking weed is good especially in such a young age as Paris when her brain should develop:

Short-term memory problems
    Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
    Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
    Panic
    Hallucinations
    Loss of sense of personal identity
    Lowered reaction time
    Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
    Increased risk of stroke
    Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
    Sexual problems (for males)
    Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
    than non-users (for females)
    LONG-TERM EFFECTS
    Decline in IQ (up to 8 points if prolonged use started in adolescent age)
    Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
    Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
    Lower life satisfaction
    Addiction (about 9% of adults and 17% of people who started smoking as teens)
    Potential development of opiate abuse
    Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
    Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
    Financial difficulties
    Increased welfare dependence
    Greater chances of being unemployed or not getting good jobs.

And in my opinion smoking weed doesn't help her fix her problems just hides them and then can come back much more stronger and that time she can have serious brain damage. She needs just a therapy and privacy and less people in her life like her boyfriend who keeps her on this unhealthy truck.