What is know about the preps for a "supposed" 2008 Jacksons reunion tour?

Fuzball

Proud Member
What is known about the preps for a "supposed" 2008 Jacksons reunion tour?

http://www.mtv.com/news/1575086/mic...olved-in-jacksons-reunion-tour-jermaine-says/

Jermaine was confident that Michael would be involved in the tour, saying, "He has to be. ... He is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved." He also suggested that there might be some new songs to go along with the tour, saying the band is "in the studio at the moment."

If Jermaine's words were true, what did the Jacksons (minus Michael) do in the studio in 2007?

Last edited:
It would of been awful, Michael had outgrown them which was obvious from the Victory Tour. It would of worked if they had been guests at some of the This Is It shows or something but not an entire tour on their own.

Michael put out a press statement in 2008 that denied this. As far as what they did in 07 your guess is as good as anyone.
Do you have a link to that statement?

As far as I remember, only MJs involvement was denied. No word on whether his brothers did ghather in the studio or not.

Didn't we see a leaked document recently confirming that Michael was indeed making himself available for another Jacksons album? I forget what year it related to though...

Yeah he put out a statement dening any involvment and saying he would doing his own thing soon. (Which was TII) jerm had been going on about a reunion/album since the 90's wouldnt take no for an answer. They wouldnt just go do a tour on their own and leave mj out of if. They only finally decided to do it after there was no chance they could get mj involved ie after 2009.?

Didn't we see a leaked document recently confirming that Michael was indeed making himself available for another Jacksons album? I forget what year it related to though...

That's from 1995. ("Humanity project")

Do you have a link to that statement?

As far as I remember, only MJs involvement was denied. No word on whether his brothers did ghather in the studio or not.

I couldn't find anything about the rest of the brothers (and sisters cause i remember Janet name was also mentioned) in the studio except for what Jermaine said.

This is what Jermaine said

"It is just the timing, so what we've been doing is working on the music and all the logistics. It is going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family ... We're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year."

This is Michael's statement.

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them," he said. "I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon."

Honestly, I think Jermaine was talking out of his ass. Here is the link to an article from 2008

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1043623/michael-in-studio-wont-reunite-with-jackson-5

It was the concert promoter Leonard Rowe who initially began discussions (in 2007) for a possible reunion tour of The Jackson 5.

According to Leonard Rowe, Michael Jackson pushed back that reunion concerts for a year later (2008).

Leonard Rowe along with some of the Jackson siblings visited Michael Jackson in Las Vegas on two occasions in 2007 (February, April) in order to talk him into performing in a reunion tour.

“…His brothers are ready. Janet is ready. But the motor of that car that makes the car run, isn’t just yet. In April of this year [2007], I flew out to Las Vegas and met with them all and he told me, ‘Let’s look at ’08.’ We wanted to go this year, but [Michael Jackson] said it would take a lot of preparation. He didn’t say no…” (Leonard Rowe)

Janet Jackson also spoke about that reunion, but she implied that Michael Jackson was actually not interested in participating in that reunion of performing a series of live dates with the band.

“…I hope so. I really hope so because I'll be the first in line to buy a ticket … I do know that my brothers want to and I know it's been kind of tough for Mike. He's kind of on the fence, from what I know about it…" (Janet Jackson)

Raymone Bain (Michael Jackson's publicist at the time) also confirmed that there were discussions that were initiated by Leonard Rowe for a reunion tour.

“…I recall in February [2007], there was a meeting with Mr. Jackson and his sisters and brothers about a concert … There was a concert promoter [Leonard Rowe] who accompanied them there. That is the meeting that I am aware of…” (Raymone Bain)

The truth is, Michael Jackson would not have wanted to participate in that reunion concerts in 2008, even if he had not been busy at all with his own, solo projects.

i will never understand why MJs family didn't get that MJ simply was not into that Jacksons stuff anymore..

The quotes from mj_frenzy make it sound like Michael's characteristic diversion -- he was trying to be kind instead of outright saying "no," even though it was pretty evident that he had no plans to reunite with them.

As for why the family was so pushy, it's another instance of one band member soaring to indescribable heights while the other members fade into obscurity. The brothers needed to keep working to make money, and after 2300 Jackson Street crashed and burned, it seems as though they weren't willing to record or tour again without Michael.

Bear in mind that he was more or less guilted by his mother to participate in the Victory album and tour (and, if I recall correctly, the 30th anniversary reunion).

Michael had grown up and wanted to do things on his own. why you think he when solo and move away from them? like all child stars they grow up. they was all using Michael for money.

that's being said he didn't forget where he came from etc. he knew he was from a poor talent family who was black and was from the J5. he always did J5 songs on his tours, concerts, etc.

I love 2300 Jackson Street the song and the music video but you can tell Michael didn't really wanna be apart of it. while Michael loved his family he also had hate relationship with them hen it came to money and his fame.

like he said money is all roots of evil and he ain't lying about that.

i will never understand why MJs family didn't get that MJ simply was not into that Jacksons stuff anymore..

Because they could only make the big $$$ if mj was on the tour. So they kept harrassing him. Even when he kept dening it. Even to the point of wanting to get involved in the TII concerts. ( a change in the story when it came to sueing AEG)

len rowe was a dodgy as @//^#@

What makes me ? is as soon as mj was gone they decided it was time to get back together and do a reunion. They finally got it that mj wouldnt be involved. But instead of getting it while mj was alive and just going on and doing their own thing admitting that mj didnt want to be involved they only decided to do their own thing when they knew mj wouldnt/couldnt get involved cause he was dead! Says it all.

Last edited:
I am very sure MJ never intended to do a full tour or/and a new studio album with his brothers in 2008...

It would not really make any sense IMO. - A tribute concert maybe or a single or two reunion once-of like MSG 30th - maybe that to test the market before a huge solo tour - like TII.

I see why the family (the brothers) wanted MJ back... Without him they could never tour - when MJ was still alive...

When MJ died the brothers were fast to reunite and make money on concerts and touring. - even playing MJ solo material?? - I am not one of those who have big problems with MJ's family - but it does seem a little greedy. As soon MJ is not there, The JACKSONS started again... Had MJ still been alive there is no way they would have done that.

When MJ died the brothers were fast to reunite and make money on concerts and touring. - even playing MJ solo material??

And yet they haven't released a new JACKSONS album.

Hess;4297038 said:
No one would buy a new Jacksons album without MJ on it...

Surely there must be 1-2 unreleased songs with Michael’s vocals from each Jacksons album recording sessions. Can’t they include those on a new Jacksons album?

Most people brought for Michael few verses on the song. there are some fans who love the family as a whole so they probably would have brought it most.

Fuzball;4297037 said:
And yet they haven't released a new JACKSONS album.

They were doing sone music in the studio as shown in that doc but nothing materialised. To much infighting.Also would they get a deal.

---------
without MJ on it...
Surely there must be 1-2 unreleased songs with Michael’s vocals from each Jacksons album recording sessions. Can’t they include those on a new Jacksons album?
-------
I presume they would need the estates permission and i doubt that would happen. Same with putting some of the shows out. Supposedly randy wouldnt agree. Rather cut the nose off to spight his face.

Nite Line;4297043 said:

I doubt the Estate would allow it. - BUT - it would also be quite a failure for the brothers to admit they can not do anything at all on their own...

To release a new album with old songs with MJ - that would just once again show the world that it is only MJ that sells and not the rest of the brothers. I doubt their big egos could handle that. :) - but maybe if some songs are in the vault from The Jacksons - a new album called hidden gems or something like that could be released, but they could never sell it as a new album.

Hess;4297064 said:
I doubt the Estate would allow it. - BUT - it would also be quite a failure for the brothers to admit they can not do anything at all on their own...

To release a new album with old songs with MJ - that would just once again show the world that it is only MJ that sells and not the rest of the brothers. I doubt their big egos could handle that. :) - but maybe if some songs are in the vault from The Jacksons - a new album called hidden gems or something like that could be released, but they could never sell it as a new album.

I’m sure their ‘big egos’ can handle the fact that Michael was the star power of the group. That is why they were so desperate to tour with Michael. So I doubt they would have any issues with releasing a song or two with MJ’s vocals, on a potential future Jacksons album.

Why should the Estate block such a release? They surely haven't full controll over any Jacksons recording. If the Estate wants to use those tracks for their 'own' projects the remaing Jakcson brothers (who have participated on those tracks) have to agree.

An 'Ulitimate Collection'-like Jacksons box set release would be neat.

Back