Can What More Can I Give Be rereleased to support those on the frontlines of the COVID-19 Pandemic?

kingofpopfan

Proud Member
Hey all, was just listening to the track today and felt very moved by the lyrical content and the various humanitarian works that Michael has done over the years.

I know we had Heal the World 2020, but who here thinks What More Can I Give? Would be a great song to be re released to fund and support those on the frontlines still fighting against COVID-19? And more importantly is there a way fans could campaign to get it re-released?

The solo version? Absolutely.

The all-star version? Possible, but incredibly unlikely. This one would certainly make the most money and garner the most attention, but it would require permission from not only every artist on it, but also all respective record labels. If one person/label says no, the entire thing is a bust.

I just feel this type of thing is so old hat now.

I just feel this type of thing is so old hat now.
To be fair, I think less ears have heard WMCIG than, say, HTW or MITM, so it isn't exactly a bad idea to boost the relevant song into the mainstream, especially considering the circumstances under which it was written

I would say - if a SOLO MJ version exists - now is a great time to release it!!

^^

I am at work, so can't hear it right now. - But MJ does not really sing fully does he?

If a version of MJ singing - like the We Are The World demo - it would be a perfect release.

I actually prefer the WATW-demo MJ solo - version. - So if a WMCIG solo MJ version exists, The Estate should release it ASAP.

^^

I am at work, so can't hear it right now. - But MJ does not really sing fully does he?

If a version of MJ singing - like the We Are The World demo - it would be a perfect release.

I actually prefer the WATW-demo MJ solo - version. - So if a WMCIG solo MJ version exists, The Estate should release it ASAP.

He is fully singing but these were just guide vocals for the other artists. Also i don't know if it's just me but that solo version of the song is WAY TOO processed. The autotune is making him sound like a robot at parts.

Themidwestcowboy;4297054 said:
He is fully singing but these were just guide vocals for the other artists.

Yeah...they only used that recording as a guide for Beyoncé.

According to Michael Prince, Beyoncé was the first artist to come in and record the song and she nailed it in a couple of takes, so from then on they used her vocals when they presented the song to the other artists.

He is fully singing but these were just guide vocals for the other artists. Also i don't know if it's just me but that solo version of the song is WAY TOO processed. The autotune is making him sound like a robot at parts.

His vocals are definitely tuned. Which is strange tbh. He surely didn't sing it that badly that it needed tuned. I guess it could just be the recording, but it definitely sounds processed.

In regards to it being re released, I think it could work, most people don't know about the song.

I really do love this song, but it is too similar with how 'We are the world' was presented. The same goes for 'Cry' a couple of years previous which seemed to 'Man In The Mirror'. Was MJ trying to tread old ground as new to maintain success?

I agree at the time it was very over done, but now I feel it could work.

Back